It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Warriors??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Talking to one of 'gods warriors' is like to talking to a wet sack of doorknobs. They have one thing in mind and that is the destruction of all who will not see things their way. I laughed myself silly also at the ridiculous links that nutcase posted. I had seen them before and that is how desperate and will go to any length to try and explain away the filth and violence in the bible. Their god was so good to spare the virgins and butcher all the men and little boys, including innocent baby boys. Sometimes that monster would even order the slaughter of the innocent animals. These 'warriors' for god are the most demented and twisted bunch on the planet. You can tell by the way this nitwit writes she has blood dripping from her fangs. Take a look at the following verse. This says a lot more about this tribal god of hers. Also, all the people butchered at the orders of this tribal god were gentile nations. It is too bad she didn't live back then. She would be singing a different tune and running like hell for her life. We truly should be sorry for those who live their lives brainwashed and living in such hate. I plan to ignore further posts from this poor misguided soul.

Hosea 13:16 (King James) Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God.
They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

Only the most evil creature on earth could do such things to a living breathing human. This god commited the first abortion! Ain't he good!!!lol

[edit on 28-1-2008 by sayso]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

By your argument, the Holocaust is acceptable because "that's the way it was in Nazi Germany." Of course you also accept the treatment of Christians in Saudi Arabia and Sudan, because hey, that's just how it is there.

It's not my amount of knowledge that's the problem, it's your eagerness to make excuses for rape, murder, and genocide because it's a story from the book you believe to be the perfect word of a perfect god.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"In Deuteronomy 13:6-11, the LORD Commands that:

If
1) Your brother, your mother's son, or
2) Your son or
3) Your daughter, or
4) Your wife you cherish, or
5) Your friend
Secretly entices you, saying: "Let us go and worship other gods"

In this case the LORD commands:
1) Do not yield to him or
2) Do not listen to him.
3) Show him no pity. Your eye shall not pity him
4) Do not spare him or
5) Do not shield him. nor shall you spare or conceal him
6) You must certainly put him to death.
7) Your hand must be the first in putting him to death,
8) And then the hands of all the people
9) Stone him to death"
Now I'm not saying that I support the murder of non-christians, but to the ultra-orthodox, and people who take the bible literally, they may believe that it is their job to rid the world of non-christians, just sayin'

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by empire_942

I feel looked down apon all the time because I'm Agnostic, and am very proud of it!!

I do not buy into a bunch of books writtten by mere men who claim to have heard gods voice over 2,000 years ago..lol

Religion is for the weak minded & this is why they frown apon non-believers, because they are taught & told to by those in charge..

They are Sheep!!!

Why do you think Priests call their parishners "their Flock"...hehehehe

Unfortunately, Religion has the majority & "god...err i mean Who or whatever is up there", help us if a real religious fanatic ever makes into the White House.

Gods Warriors..? More like the Churches brainwashed Pawns.

Being in a religion dosent make you a good man, "being a good man, makes you a good man"..!!!

Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
All right people let's STOP the personal attacks.

I see you've been asked nicely already, so consider your mulligans, used.

Remember these ??

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Mod Note: Discussion & Posting Etiquette– Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Basically any belief or religion that claims to be "THE WAY," is one that needs to be run away from at light speed (been there and done that)!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm glad I found the WAY.

The law of the old testament. The ten commandments are still in effect.
Exodus 20,
"And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

And God spoke all these words: “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Then God instructed the people as follows: “I am the Lord your God, who rescued you from slavery in Egypt.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s."

Now, it's impossible for anyone to keep all ten, Jesus said, Whosoever has looked upon a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
He also said that if you're angry with your brother without cause, that you are guilty of murder.
He died for stupid (willfully ignorant, stubborn)people as well as the intellectual idolator.(those who think too highly of themselves and worship their own intellect.)
Jesus taught if someone smite you on the cheek, offer the other one, as well.
That is not a conspiracy of bible-believers ready to bomb clinics and kill the unrighteous!

Jesus COMMANDED us to LOVE your enemy, do good to those that despitefully use you. Pray for those that hate you.

Because of some unbalanced, pschologically disturbed individuals go out and kill and hate. That is against the new covenant and what Jesus taught.
And for you to hate Jesus is WRONG.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I'm glad I found the WAY.

The law of the old testament. The ten commandments are still in effect.

mind expounding on what exactly this is THE WAY too?

What does following these 10 commandments do for you exactly?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Originally posted by pavlovsdog

The Way to God. Jeshua is the Way, the Truth, the Life.
Without him, you have none of these things.

What does following these 10 commandments do for you exactly?

Following the commandments, which were explained more fully by The Lord when he was on Earth, makes us happy as well as our neighbors.
Also, when we have a clean slate, we have fellowship with God and Jeshua.

Psalm 16:11
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is the fulness of joy: at thy right hand pleasures for evermore."

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
regarding the 10 commandments:

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

Originally posted by Clearskies
The Way to God.

Maybe I missed something but i thought the only way to god was thru jesus.
Does "I am the light and the way" ring a bell?
The commandments being the way to god would be applicable if you were Jewish. We know from your previous posts that you are Christian.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
We believe the only way to obtain salvation is through Jesus Christ.

We are also told, "If you love me, you will obey my commandments." So we believe after we come to Him we are then transformed. Being perfect is not a requirement for salvation as it is impossible but if we love Him, we would want to follow His commandants. And those are to love Him and our fellow man.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
AshleyD

I agree with your statement about following the commandments of Jesus 100%
I also agree as to what his commandments are.

My question to Clearskies is

what do following the 10 commandments have to do with the way to god (salvation)? This was her point not mine

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The God's Warrior thing has turned away so many people from the church that they are dropping it all together. Christ would be appauled at the idea of being so involved in a dogma that you want to war for it.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

The ten commandments are the mirror of the Lord, where we see our reflection and know how clean or dirty we are.
They are the Target that we shoot for.
To sin is to miss the target God gave us.

Proverbs 6: 23
"for the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life."

Psalm 119: 9
" Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed according to thy word."

Psalm 119: 165
"Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them."

Proverbs 28: 7
"He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination."

Psalms 119: 34
" Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart."

John 1: 17
"for the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Clearskies]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join