It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Warriors??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Well for starters, this is how I would react to a face-to-face discussion with people talking to each other about how miserable and sorry I'll be when "teh muzlems" take over the world because I didn't accept Christ into my heart. Well, that's not entirely true; It's hard to accurately express vehement disgust with someone through text, after all.

Now to address your point, now that you've gotten around to one, never did I say Christianity is the problem with the world, much less Jesus. I like Jesus. I would place more credence in Christians if they ever start taking anything the guy said to heart, rather than skipping ahead to the parts where they don't have to DO anything to get their post-life rewards.

Rather, I'm saying Apocalyptic Christianity, of the sort practiced by the majority of Europeans and Americans, is a problem in the world (not THE problem). Perhaps if this branch of the religion didn't currently control the most powerful economy and military in the world, it would be less of a problem, but that's how it is. It is the combination of apocalypse theology with this national power that has created the mess we see in the middle east today.

And this system has at least the tacit support of most Christians. It makes them feel big and important. If they're right, Jesus will come. if htey're wrong, who cares, it's brown people who go to a different church, right?

AshleyD,

I'm an animist, so I guess I fall under the genetic "pagan" grouping. I admit I'm still trying to pin down how it all works. Kind of hhrd finding a sane teacher in this country. if I hear one more schmuck telling me how I need to "tap into my Gnostic Isis chakras with the power of crystals", I'm shoving a lit smudge stick somewhere unpleasant...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by empire_942
So then when this Rapture happens what is to become of followers of Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Paganism, Satanism, and the list of other religions that don't believe in Jesus Christ as there Deity? And what about there Gods, wouldnt they save them from being casted away? Maybe im wrong but isnt Christianity Pretty much saying that Jesus is the only right God pretty much the God of all Gods?

There are many different interpretations of the bible. Not all christians believe the same -look at all the different denominations out there. Christians have been very deceived, some believe in a rapture, some do not. The word rapture is nowhere in the bible. The words are 'caught up' I believe we will be resurrected. Paganism is all intermingled in christianity. True believers follow the Lamb, The True Shepherd, The Word of Yahweh, not men and traditions of men and evil imaginiations.

As for your questions, I can only say that there is only One Creator and if you read His Word (Yahshua) you will read the warnings for being not deceived. He says many will come saying they are messiahs and deceive many. He also says woe to the earth and sea for the devil has come down to you and the dragon (devil) goes directly after the woman/ "true church body" of Messiah Yahshua. This same dragon deceives the whole world by his lies.

You are right. Yahshua says there is ONE way to the Father and that is by Him (The Word/The Lamb) He is The Truth, The Way and The Life. If anyone tries to get to the Father another way, he is considered a thief. He says ask anything in His name and it will be given.

Just a reminder, there are MANY different types of christians and people who call themselves christians and in fact are not. When in doubt, go to The Word, if it don't line up with His teaching, then you know that either man has added to or satan has lead astray.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think if religious people were half what they claimed to be, representatives of God, they would get together and try to decide just who god is. There are thousands of doctrines and religions all claiming to be the correct one and the all claim to be religions of peace!!! Perhaps there could be a place to send 'god's warriors' where they could fight it out to the bloody end while the rest of us could work on healing our planet and live in some amount of peace.

I also decline the insulting offer of any prayers from the deluded. I strongly suggest you pray for yourself that YOUR eyes would open long enough to see you have been had!

BTW any god who would command one group to slaughter another group and rape innocent women and LITTLE GIRLS is no god. That is as evil as it gets and I, for one, would not want such a god in my neighborhood.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by sayso]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

Wow! What a load of - nonsense!! Say, isn't this the 'Conspiracy In Religion' forum? What have your personal delusions re: religion have to do with this topic exactly? Can't the 'Conspiracies In Relgions' forum be used for what it's named purpose IS - without religious nuts jumping all over everyone's discussions??

I give up on this forum - it's quite simply DOOMED. No intelligent, rational discussion is possible here any more..

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sayso

Well said!! This religious BS is as irritating as hell...

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog
What I was trying to illustrate here is that for non christians - we cant do much of anything without hearing you folks preaching. Every media source is innundated with the babble.

I agree. I hear a lot of preaching without truth these days.

f you want to bash christianity than there ought to be a place for that.

I'm not bashing. I simply pointed out your preaching, which you were denying.

I don't deny it if that's what you call it. I told you I will use many means to share the truth. I want you to know the truth and if you are converted then fantastic!

I in fact enjoy religous debate and discussions of a spiritual matter. We should be able to have those discussions without you telling us that we will 'weep in front of the lamb' (a threat) or that you are going to pray for us (an attempt to psychically impose your will). As I attempted to show in my last post, you certainly wouldnt like it if you were forced to experience the same thing.

I wasn't telling "us" I was talking directly to another member? Praying for someone doesn't mean converting them. You have no idea what I say in my prayers, in fact it is the one thing that is sacred in this world and the one thing the enemy cannot take from me and I never pray "my own will" I pray that His will be done. You might find yourself thankful one day that someone loved you enough to think of you in their prayers
I have a little story which I'll make brief: I met a lady who was Hindi and she prayed for me, it didn't offend me (even though I don't believe the same as her) I respected her and her belief because I know that The One Creator hears and sees all things, He knows our hearts. I know she is praying to a false diety, but I also know that the Real One hears her as well as He hears me.

I am not anti Christian or pro pagan. I am however in conflict with the Evangelical intrepretation of 'The Great Commission", the "Council of Nicea" and the fundamental changes that it made, and the Rapture.

How about instead of saying what you are not. Say what you are. Didn't you state somewhere that you are divine, correct me if I'm wrong. If you are not anti "this" or pro " that then wouldn't you fall somewhere in between the mass confusion? Christianity isn't just about the great commission, the council of nicea-the changes it made and the rapture??? If that's the case then why are you thinking I'm a christian? I follow the Lamb, not the masses.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sorry pal - but most of the Bible is bunk - fiction created by enterprising conmen who wanted an easy way to make money and hold power for themselves. It's easy enough to disprove too - biblical scholars have been doing it for decades...

J.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

We can agree to disagree. And you can say I'm deluded and I can say you are and we can go around the merry-go-round. I responded to God's Warriors appropriately, I think, and that's when the attack came. Do you think I'm not going to defend what I believe? If the post is "God's Warriors" then what is unintelligent with discussing just that? You'd almost think it says "Satans warriors"! If you want to discuss God, here I am, if not then find something else to do for entertainment, I'm not being smart, I'm being honest. This is a place to discuss our view, thoughts, beliefs, etc on things to do with "religion", you don't like it, there appears to be plenty of other topics here at Abovetopsecret to read and discuss.

PS: Are you always this welcoming to new people?

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I believe Jesus followed the more Jewish model of faith, that what you believe is between god and you, Thus his statement of prayer being done in one's closet rather than in the street for all to see.

And if Jimbo claimed to be divine, well good for him. Every atom in the whole of the universe is a piece of divinity. All things are god

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha4Yah

We can agree to disagree. And you can say I'm deluded and I can say you are and we can go around the merry-go-round. I responded to God's Warriors appropriately, I think, and that's when the attack came. Do you think I'm not going to defend what I believe? If the post is "God's Warriors" then what is unintelligent with discussing just that? You'd almost think it says "Satans warriors"! If you want to discuss God, here I am, if not then find something else to do for entertainment, I'm not being smart, I'm being honest. This is a place to discuss our view, thoughts, beliefs, etc on things to do with "religion", you don't like it, there appears to be plenty of other topics here at Abovetopsecret to read and discuss.

PS: Are you always this welcoming to new people?

There was no 'attack' as you call it - it's just that people on this forum are tired of being preached at by christians - when this is NOT an area for anything to do with 'belief' - chritian or otherwise.

This is not a place to dicuss 'our view, thoughts, beliefs, etc on things to do with "religion" ' - it's actually a place to discuss 'Conspiracies In Relgion' - something I wouldn't think a christian would find too pleasant really.

Am I always this welcoming? Not always
There are areas for 'religeous belief' to be discussed around here - but this particular forum isn't one of them really. 'Conspiricies' such as The Dead Sea Scrolls, or The Holy Grail mystery - those are 'Conspiracies In Relgions'...

J.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No, Jesus commanded us that what he tells us in secret, to proclaim it in public.
If you read the bible you'll see that Jesus was Really evangelical!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I believe Jesus followed the more Jewish model of faith, that what you believe is between god and you, Thus his statement of prayer being done in one's closet rather than in the street for all to see.

And if Jimbo claimed to be divine, well good for him. Every atom in the whole of the universe is a piece of divinity. All things are god

Why thank you
But - no - I didn't claim to be 'Divine' - never have, never will....

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Isn't the title of this thread, 'God's warriors'?
I think that's highly appropriate to post in if you're a christian.
Elisha hasn't proselytized anyone to join his church, therein lies the difference in violating the T&C.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

No, Jesus commanded us that what he tells us in secret, to proclaim it in public.
If you read the bible you'll see that Jesus was Really evangelical!

But how do you think you know what 'Jesus' said? The Bible is for the most part, highly fictionalized, and most of 'Jesus's' quotes were pieced together - many biblical experts would say 'created' - by men who never even knew him, decades and even centuries after he 'lived'.

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

LOL, thanks and I am sure you know by now when they offer to pray for you it is an insult to human intelligence. They are like the pharisees who stood praying and thanking god they were not like 'that poor man' who stood humbly by him with his head down. Their bible clearly teaches anything done sincerely and from the heart is to be done in secret and not go about flapping your lips about it like you are doing a tremendous favor. That is called being a HYPOCRITE! Misery loves company and as an ex-christian, I saw this misery most of my life. These people don't really give a tinkers damn about anyone but themselves. I think Thomas Paine was very insightful in his saying that went something like this: to argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. ..

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

But he was ramming his beliefs down others throats! A serious breach of etiquette here...

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I HAVE read the bible. Extensively. Thoroughly. Believingly and critically. I have out-bibled most Christians who try to drag the book into arguments, and have discovered that most of you are very, very selective readers. Here you go.

Matthew
6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But hey, what the hell would Jesus know about how Christians are supposed to act, right?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayso

LOL, thanks and I am sure you know by now when they offer to pray for you it is an insult to human intelligence. They are like the pharisees who stood praying and thanking god they were not like 'that poor man' who stood humbly by him with his head down. Their bible clearly teaches anything done sincerely and from the heart is to be done in secret and not go about flapping your lips about it like you are doing a tremendous favor. That is called being a HYPOCRITE! Misery loves company and as an ex-christian, I saw this misery most of my life. These people don't really give a tinkers damn about anyone but themselves. I think Thomas Paine was very insightful in his saying that went something like this: to argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. ..

Heh. Yes. We obviously see eye to eye on this one.

Here's a quote from Thomas Jefferson:

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" Letter to H. Spafford, 1814

which kind of destroys the mythology that 'America was created as a christian country' as well. There are thousands of such quotes on christianity by the Founding Fathers out there.

J.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Oh boy, the tooth gnashing thing. I wondered when that and the burning in hell forever thing would come out. What joy you must get out of that thought. That shows just how the twisted religious mind works.

Gods warriors huh? Yes, indeedy you are and here is something for you to ponder.

It wasn't atheists who drove planes into the towers on 9/11. It was religious fanatics. It wasn't atheists who burned people at the stake during the dark ages for going against the dogma of the mother 'church'. It was religious christian fanatics. It wasn't atheist who burned women at the stake declaring them to be witches. It was religious christian fanatics. It was not atheist who cut a swarth of bloodshed, rape and murder all through the OT by orders of their god. It was religious fanatics. It is not atheists who reduce women to the level of an animal with no human rights. It is the religious fanatics. It is not just evil men of no beliefs who molest little innocent children. It is religious evil bastards such as the countless priests and clergy all over the world. It is not the atheist who kill in the name of god. It is the religious fanatics. It is not atheist mothers and fathers who kill their children claiming god told them to do so. Guess who that would be!!!! The three largest religions, judaism, christianity and islam, all claiming to be the children of Abraham, would love nothing more than to destroy one another in the name of their god. But hey, like father, like children!

[edit on 26-1-2008 by sayso]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Actually there is substantial evidence that the bible was fully formed by 40-70 A.D.

Jesus is REAL.
That's the main thing atheists can't quite fathom.
There are gifts of the spirit that he gave us. The gift of healing, prophesy, knowledge,etc...
He's spoken to me through his word and other ways since I've been a christian.
You, know that movie Rattatouille?
The rat was under his chef's hat and guiding him by pulling his hair,

(Just an allegory) Jesus guides our steps PHYSICALLY as we trust in him.

He's saved me from bad relationships, my children getting lost(my 2 year old wandered off years ago, and Jesus pointed me the right way to get him, before something REALLY bad happened.)
He was about a block away!

I haven't kept in my head ALL the times he's fixed, saved, spared or improved my life!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join