It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Warriors??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sayso

Look, I actually agree with you about the doctrine of the catholic church and her inquisitions.( See my thread about Abraham Lincoln)
Even some protestant sects have took over towns and become despotic, however, Atheism has and will continue to have blood on it's godless hands.

For you to say that we pray for Wars and slaughter is ignorant.
Maybe this Jesus camp does, but, I doubt it!
Jesus commanded us to pray for the PEACE of Jerusalem. Not war!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You really think goats can defend themselves against wolves or bears or even a small bobcat?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Really? So you want to put the track record of a handfull of Atheist nations up against the full history of religious nations? 'Cause if you want to get into that kind of cock measuring contest, sure, you can pull up Stalin, and I'll dredge up Hitler, Franco, Churchill, Roosevelt, and Hirohito. That's just the contemporaries. You want to talk Pol Pot? Okay, I can talk about the Protestant and Catholic slaughter of the new world and enslavement of Africa, the Lamaic atrocities in Asia, and the history of the Eastern Orthodoxy. Maoist china? Church of England, Holy Roman Empire, Jesuit conversion of the Pacific. Fidel Castro? The entire 20th century history of Western involvement in the middle east.

You don't want to play this game, Clearskies.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

More thoroughly than a sheep can, yes. Seen it happen.A coyote slipped into the pen, and got the hell beaten out of it. Horns and an attitude, no matter how small a difference they make, still make a difference.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This thread definitely takes the cake for ATS's biggest off topic pissing contest. Sheep and goats? Let's review. This is an a-n-a-l-o-g-y. Thank you. Class dismissed.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I'm saying "Don't forget your Atheistic organizations when you talk about atrocities."
Man is not perfect, but, if they would follow Jeshua (as put forth in his word)
they wouldn't go around with knives!
The holy spirit IS PEACE and LOVE and POWER.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Ahh. I thought you were going on with the dumb-as-hell "Atheism's killed more people than religion" meme.

And yes, if people followed the teachings of Jesus, everyone would be a lot better off. Unfortunately most Christians don't feel they need to follow his teachings (since after all, it's faith and not acts, right?) and instead act as vile and disgusting as they feel comfortable with, and then renounce whenever it feels convenient to do so. If Christians spent half as much time worrying about their own dedication to Christ as they do worrying about the rest of us and OUR dedication to the dude, we really wouldn't even be having this talk, would we?

The same can, of course, be said of the many other religions out there. Which reminds me, I need to go water my plants.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I was born into fundamental christianity and you are nothing new to me. I have heard it and seen it all. They teach all these horrible things must come before christians can be raptured at the cost of millions of souls. It is a greedy self-serving man made religion and I want no part of it.

Less than 5% of people choose their religion. They inherit the beliefs of their parents or region. Infants are even classified by their parents faith at birth! There was another catholic, protestant, mormon etc. born today.

No one has a right to call islam bad when we are all taught by our parents or cultures what to believe in.

IMO, it should be considered child abuse to inflict any religion on any child. Leave them alone and if they decide to take any part in religion. let them choose when they are old enough to make that decision for themselves.

Also, I am not an atheist. I am a Deist. I do believe in a Creator force, but it is not that child raping bastard of the OT.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by sayso]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

if people followed the teachings of Jesus, everyone would be a lot better off.

Let's just see what Jesus says according to his teachings.....
Jesus did not come to abolish the laws of the Old Testament. We must still follow them. Jesus' own words:

Matthew 5:17-18
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Exodus 21:17
Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

Exodus 22:19
Anyone who has sexual relations with an animal must be put to death.
Exodus 31:14
Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Leviticus 24:16
Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

I wonder how much better off we'd be....

[edit on 26-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I don't really care. I am not an animal. I am a human just like you and use the gift of reason that was given to all of us. If you prefer that book of filth as your guide in life, then knock yourself out.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Kudos!!! Well said and there is more of the same if people would read it. I don't care who tells me to hate my family for them, they can forget it. One of the so-called commandments is to honor father and mother and then jesus comes along and tells us to hate them. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
One thing that always perplexes me is the "Ex-Christians" or those who say things like, "I was a mega Christian but later learned the errors of my ways and left the faith," but totally miss the point of something so simple. Like "hating parents" or what I saw earlier today "eating the body and drinking the blood of Christ" or my favorite "Christ came to bring war not peace." Seriously people. Imagery. Spiritual metaphor.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wow. I go out for a few hours and come back to find that this thread has devolved to nothing more than a shouting match with a few new voices. All civility is gone.

I'm out of this one folks. See you in the next one.

I've done some thinking, look for a new thread in a bit.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

What perplexes me is how any rational mind can accept the fact that this monster god through moses and others could command the rape and murder of innocent women AND LITTLE GIRLS!!! If you can read the following verses and somehow put the stamp of approval on them, you need help. A child is a child and there is no justification for raping them. No wonder the catholic church has so many child rapers and the world turns a blind eye. No wonder so many atrocities are done to children and the 'christian' world never makes a peep. You are just as sick as the ones who do such things if you even attempt to make excuses for what the bible plainly says god ordered.

The OT god was nothing more than a ‘tribal’ god concocted by evil men to control a very ignorant and superstitious group of savages in order to gain land, possessions and women. Yahweh always had the leaders command the simple underlings to do all the dirty work. Not much has changed. Anyone who can read the following verses and still call Yahweh a holy ‘god’ needs to have their head examined. Yahweh was the Hebrew version of Pol Pot or Hitler and you simple minded sheep believe this is the word of god.

(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Clearly Moses and God approves of rape of virgins. The KJV clearly reads they are to keep the women children for themselves and it would take a fool not to understand what that means. Women children could be as young as 2 or 3!!! It gives no restriction of age! Try to visualize the scene of brutal savage men raping little girls. If that doesn't perplex you, nothing should!
(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."...more rape

Judges 5:30 NAB)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil......more rape!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Here are a few more that should not be missed. You can see why the devil was only mentioned 4 or 5 times throughout the entire OT. Who needed a devil when Yahweh was present? The devil never killed or raped, it was always this maniac tribal god.

Stealing, killing and raping of women!!!!

Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

What kind of God approves of murder, rape, and slavery? THINK ABOUT IT!

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker?

(Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

The victim is being blamed. Perhaps the thug was holding a knife to her throat, holding his hand over her mouth or threatening to kill her or her loved ones if she screams.

It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim. He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property".

What a god!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayso
reply to post by AshleyD

What perplexes me is how any rational mind can accept the fact that this monster god through moses and others could command the rape and murder of innocent women AND LITTLE GIRLS!!! If you can read the following verses and somehow put the stamp of approval on them, you need help. A child is a child and there is no justification for raping them. No wonder the catholic church has so many child rapers and the world turns a blind eye. No wonder so many atrocities are done to children and the 'christian' world never makes a peep. You are just as sick as the ones who do such things if you even attempt to make excuses for what the bible plainly says god ordered.

The OT god was nothing more than a ‘tribal’ god concocted by evil men to control a very ignorant and superstitious group of savages in order to gain land, possessions and women. Yahweh always had the leaders command the simple underlings to do all the dirty work. Not much has changed. Anyone who can read the following verses and still call Yahweh a holy ‘god’ needs to have their head examined. Yahweh was the Hebrew version of Pol Pot or Hitler and you simple minded sheep believe this is the word of god.

(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

They were supposed to kill them ALL. This was GOD"S war!
It goes on to say in verse 19; "and do ye abide without the camp seven days: whosoever killed any person, and whosoever hath touched any slain, purify both yourselves and your captives on the third day, and on the seventh day."
That's Not rape, According to Moses' laws, you can't have sexual relations during purification.

Clearly Moses and God approves of rape of virgins. The KJV clearly reads they are to keep the women children for themselves and it would take a fool not to understand what that means. Women children could be as young as 2 or 3!!! It gives no restriction of age! Try to visualize the scene of brutal savage men raping little girls. If that doesn't perplex you, nothing should!
(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."...more rape

Making a captive your wife is merciful compared to how other cultures routinely treated female captives!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayso

Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
What kind of God approves of murder, rape, and slavery? THINK ABOUT IT!

They STILL had to abide by the Levitical laws. So, Women and children were not treated that harsh and ALL slaves were permitted to freely leave after seven years! (If they wanted to)

(Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

"If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife."

It's about CONTEXT.
Read on down to verse 25!
That's the difference!
In 23 she lay with him and in 25 he FORCED her!

Read more than the little quotes from your anti-God websites provide.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sayso

This has all been answered before. No prisoners of war were raped or used as sex slaves by the Jews. This is never mentioned in the Bible. Instead of derailing this thread any further on a subject that has literally been answered hundreds of times, read this article and this article that explains your above criticisms in depth.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

If someone thumped on your head there would be a resounding empty echo. You can't read and if you could you wouldn't understand what you did read. You are the child of your father!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by sayso

This has all been answered before. No prisoners of war were raped or used as sex slaves by the Jews. This is never mentioned in the Bible. Instead of derailing this thread any further on a subject that has literally been answered hundreds of times, read this article and this article that explainsyour above criticisms in depth.

Great AshlyD!
His is a typical argument, which seems to be a pillar of anti-Godship.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join