It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who care are lying and playing roles? Cassopi..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is about the most insane thing ive ever heard.

that we live or lives playing daily roles, while living one big lie?

They are speakingfor??

I know this is false because I don't think like this personally. You see what they are doing is preaching selfish ignorant behaviour an trying to plae their way of thinking on how the rest of the world really lives.

I like going to work and talking to souls, not playing a role, not acting out something im not, but this is me, I love souls, i want to know them, i want to know their problems and treat them like family members. They talk only for themselves in my case because they have not know care for people they don't know, and thei meaning of life is selfishness and a prideful knowledge which is completely out of touch with real humaan hearts who have searched and loved (sincerely)

tell them to try it sometimes, its really amazing.

Im sorry but ive never heard of life being a program of daily role playing.

amazing.

peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Every time I think I've read the most insane thing here, somebody posts a new thread that absolutely blows my mind

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You are playing a role every day. The most obvious is the gender role. Children are given parameters for how to act in life given their sex and that set of actions is the gender role.

Everything else that you are is an accumulation of experience, genetics, and location. Nothing you say or do wasn't influenced by something before it and so in a way, you are acting out your life according to what you know.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
heel stone, men were tuaght to not cry and show emotions, this comes from male pride that we cannot show emotions. these steriotypes are bogus and silly.

A role means playing something you are not.

if you say Im caring for a person whe im really not, arent you lying and judging someone you don't know?

if I learned to love from jesus,don't i still have the ability to decide and want to love like he did?

How can a sincere man play a role, whe the role for the is real?

You come here everyda and type. aernt you playin a role? do you decide to play this role, or did someone tell you?

Whaat is realy you is not a role, what is not you but want others to think is you is a role.

heelstone, do you care for yourself?

peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

A role means playing something you are not.
So you are saying that people pretend to be somebody else every day? I don't think that is true. People do lie multiple times during a day, but acting as a different person isn't what people do. Perhaps I mis-read the subject of this thread.

You come here everyda and type. aernt you playin a role? do you decide to play this role, or did someone tell you?
Nobody told me to come here, but my life experience has led me here. If there was some type of visible life time line that could show you what thoughts and actions led you to come to this board, you would find that they eventually come down to some outside force to which you originally gained these thoughts and actions to put them to use elsewhere and act them out in this very complex way.

heelstone, do you care for yourself?
I don't particularly understand what this meant, but to be perfectly honest, I don't care about myself. I'm like a large portion of our society that is upset with their lives and I am no different or better to say that I am above it.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Truth, your playing the role of " Jesus " everyday on ATS.
Impedeing any sort of rational debates with your " what would Jesus do " motto.
I think when you learn to think on your own two feet and think "out side the box ", you could say your not playing a role, untill then your the closeminded Jesus of ATS.

Deep

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Zero deep, your wrong.

If I played jesus i would claim to be him, but i consider him my God, and his heart (is) my heart, there is no faking this, and you don't understand this because you are not me and have not seen what i have seen personally.

This is not a role im playing, this i how i think when im off this peice of nonsense called a computer, this is how i think every single day, ad for you to tell me who im playing is you playing the judge who signs my fate by who you think i am.

just becuase tis cross is next to my name does not mean that I was on the cross. hes my god for a reason, and unless you search his teachings and heart you will never know why i believe how he does.

heelstone, what i mean was, do you care for yourself? as in do you care where you will end up, care if aybody loves you ect?? or are you just going along for the ride like a piece of trash waiting to expire?

peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

heelstone, what i mean was, do you care for yourself? as in do you care where you will end up, care if aybody loves you ect?? or are you just going along for the ride like a piece of trash waiting to expire?
More than likely the trash waiting to expire thing you mentioned. This is severely off topic.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Life or existance is a strongly ingrained falsity which we have been conditioned to accept.

Life is a lie but the experience has value.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Life or existance is a strongly ingrained falsity which we have been conditioned to accept.

Life is a lie but the experience has value.

Yes, we live in a world of illusion, but learn real lessons from these lies. We are conditioned and trained from birth how to think, what to think, what to say, how to move, what to do, how to react, etc. Yes, we have our own emotions, but the way we express them is absolutely conditioned and programmed. I don't mean the basic natural stuff like "crying". I mean the more complex ones, like jealousy or anger or even some emotions that aren't even emotions at all, like love. The "awww you shouldn't have!" or the "omg I like totally love this show!" or how about "it's not polite to swear" etc etc. We're a lot less autonomous, and a lot less free than we are led to believe. Before one can be truly free, one must realise he is a slave first. Knowledge is the key, and at the root of all existance.

Also, humans are controlled by their desires, their fears, and their emotions. You may THINK you are in control, but that's just wishful thinking

So yup I'm going to have to agree that 99% of everything you do/say is an act. It may be sincere, but it just makes it a really good act, nothing more. You think that actors on television are good? You should try objectively observing every day interactions between people... THAT is some really good, academy-award deserving stuff

Don't take my word for it, see for yourself. Try looking at the world from outside the box, the mental box that is built around us all. From a sociologist's or a psychologist's perspective is a good start.

You say that your feeling of sympathy or love towards someone isn't an act? Well, think again. Start asking "why" for every single thing that you do, and keep asking until you get to the root of it. See if you can just keep answering, and maybe you'll find out that 99% of what you do leads you into a big fat "nothing" at the core. It's fun, try it.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Truth, your being hypocritical.

Your following the world of God, through the Bible. You follow the 10 commandments. You believe that God has a plan for you in this life of yours.

Your playing the role of a sheep.

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
heelstone, im sorry you see your life this way. I don't see your life this way, i don't know why you would unless your athiest.

THENEO, if life is a lie how can it have value? value usually means it helps you in an afterlife, but if life is a lie, then there is no afterlife aand value means nothing, because who teaches us value?

don't tell me you believe in the matrix, please no?

peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
heelstone, im sorry you see your life this way. I don't see your life this way, i don't know why you would unless your athiest.
Agnostic. Not quite atheist, but I suppose its close.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

THENEO, if life is a lie how can it have value? value usually means it helps you in an afterlife, but if life is a lie, then there is no afterlife aand value means nothing, because who teaches us value?

Mind if I cut in? Can you define value for me again, I can't seem to find your definition in Webster's

Life is not a lie. It's based on lies. The fact that you exist is represented by the fact that you think. But your idea about the NATURE of that existance is a lie. Think about that for a second.

Who teaches us value? Well once again, what IS valuable to you is NOT valuable to others and vice versa. Everything is valuable at an objective level, but from personal perspectives of people, some things may not hold value. Some people think negativity should be avoided and holds no value. But objectively, negative experiences teach you things that are eventually going to pay off and help you in other situations etc. All things are lessons, even if you don't like them

The matrix brought up some very good points. We do NOT know what our reality is, even if we pretend to. The best we can assess is that we EXIST on some level, but everything else can very well be a lie. In the Matrix the people DO exists, but the entire world is a lie. Would it not be naive of you to disregard that idea?

It's not about "believing" this. It's the consideration of such ideas that is important. But it requires an open mind, of course. I'd advise you to not let your insecurities prevent your mind from opening up, as they have up to this point. Your insecurities lie in the fact that, you are afraid you may one day find out your whole life and idea of religion etc may be a huge lie. This would be very hard to accept, and therefore possibly painful. Your mind protects itself by setting up mental defenses and blocking/rejecting information that contradicts your wishful view of reality. I'd advise you think about this before you rush to an answer, there is no hurry

peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I think you have been oversaturated in Bible class. Life is a lie, in that we have been hindred ignorant by those in power, choosing to subject the truth to themselves. The bible was written as soley morals in life, not to be interpreted as factual history. Morals that would keep society in check.
Why succumb to perplexing your fate in the afterlife, when one can hardly keep his fate in the present.

" By mere talk man does not go to heaven, Only through the deliverence of the truth ", Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Deep

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Lilblam, yyou are not me, you think you know me but you don't. and I have asked myself why?

Why do I love this person?

because they are Gods creatures.

why lilblam do you love women? why do you love coming here? Does it make you feel good thinking you have all the hidden answers, when your speeking pure selfishness?

You dont really love the people at work, and you act, and act, and on the other hand you wish they were not acting lilblam, right?

what if there was a person who did not act, and really meant what they say? maybee the world is so bad that you meet unending selfish knucleheads, and by seeing so much of this you have not experienced people who truley care.

We have become a society of actors because our hearts are dim, but not everybody is like this, I know this because this is me, and i know people like this, but have you every met people like this?

funny thing is, is that when i thank someone i really mean it, and i know i mean it because im not a selfish human rolling through life finding ways to feed my greed and finding excuses to be centered in (I) when I wants everybody to revolve around me.

zero deep, if im a sheep to jesus christ in heaven, so be it, hes led my life through the worst times and ill never reject him over a man named zero deeps words.

God bless.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

peace.

All existance has value, everything. What I cannot tell you is it's ultimate destination as part of creation. I think you will understand what I am referring to here.

I do believe in the matrix, most definitely. We are the people in the vats so to speak. The mechanical universe is satans realm. The realm of thought, feeling and emotion is the realm of god. Satan has influence in the higher realm by controlling our bodies.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

I think you have been oversaturated in Bible class. Life is a lie, in that we have been hindred ignorant by those in power, choosing to subject the truth to themselves. The bible was written as soley morals in life, not to be interpreted as factual history. Morals that would keep society in check.
Why succumb to perplexing your fate in the afterlife, when one can hardly keep his fate in the present.

THENEO, if life is a lie how can it have value? value usually means it helps you in an afterlife, but if life is a lie, then there is no afterlife aand value means nothing, because who teaches us value? Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Deep

It's interesting to note how powerful an influence religion really is. The mind seems so hopelessly programmed, it keeps running the SAME program over and over again, and logic is simply ignored as if it's an "unacceptable input". I'm not talking about anyone in specific necessarily, but in general.. once a person is programmed (hypnotised and suggested some things, as we all are), it is not so easy to get out. It takes personal willpower and a LOT of effort (mostly mental).

The deeper in ignorance, and the more wishful thinking, the harder it is to get out of it, and the more painful the truth will be.

Remember in the Matrix, Morpheus apologized to Neo and said "usually we do not unplug people after they reach a certain age, since the mind cannot handle the truth after a certain point.". This is a powerful lesson, and reflects our world almost 100%. Those who are most programmed, are the ones with the least amount of hope of successful deprogramming. Ain't that the truth? (no pun intended lol)

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Truth, you seem confused. I really dont believe your at the stage where your able to comprehend what Lilblam is speaking. Your very closeminded.

Lilblam is not Selfish, how can you say this? I love my freinds at work, my two birds ( who always bite me, still love them though ), my family, my crush
...etc......

What exactly is your point to this thread?

Deep

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Remember in the Matrix, Morpheus apologized to Neo and said "usually we do not unplug people after they reach a certain age, since the mind cannot handle the truth after a certain poing.". This is a powerful lesson, and reflects our world almost 100%. Those who are most programmed, are the ones with the least amount of hope of successful deprogramming. Ain't that the truth? (no pun intended lol)

I agree Lilblam, Mental Brainwashing. Children are raised to believe and not allowed to find thier own spiritual path in life. This is my main concern with organized religions role in society, It has an utter influence on humanity's pivot on livelyhood, of themselves, and the rest of society.

Deep

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join