It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Suburb Bans Renting To Illegal Immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by illuzian

I fully agree, I am seeing people becoming more prejudice against the Mexicans daily. Why I dont know. I grew up in Maine where there are more illegal Canadians there then any other state has illegal Mexicans. Yet we dont here anyone complaining about all of the Canadians. Or the Chinese people that are illegal in California. Yep California is full of illegals. they come in on big ships, all from China. Yet instead it is all going on the heads of the Mexicans. What about Florida and all the people from Haiti? they are illegal but we dont here no one complaining.

Think about this for once, if you start killing Mexicans at the border the Border will be shut down to all exports to the US. Then you lose 40% of your oil. And you will lose parts for cars, Niki shoes wont be available and many other things that you normally buy that are made there. Man you will be screwed. Oh and while we are onto it the ethanol made from corn would be drasticlly reduced to 50% since that is coming mostly out of Mexico.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
^^^ well fine not to single out mexicans but this is regaurding them.....its in dallas how many illegal canadains are in dallas.....my guess very little to none. Yes FL has a problem with all the cubans but we also deport them as well and no one there likes them ither. If it were a city in ME I'm sure the same thing would be said about them....its jut that this topic is revolving around illegal mexicans because it is right next to mexico.....close the borders none of us here have a problem with mexicans its the illegals that we have problems with....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

I definitely agree with you that this is a step in the right direction. Instead of wasting money on building a border fence (which will simply be scaled when nobody is there guarding it) the government should embrace legislature such as this.

If you take away places for illegal immigrants to live and work by cracking down on employers and renters then we effectively stop enabling them with ways to bypass the system.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
With the ineffective border fence being built at a snails pace and the token raids by the INS, it will take the American citizen to take action. Force the issue by voting for a president who will not sign an anmesty bill and is tough on illegals. This is a completely broken system with too many loopholes. We should have a lot more city's doing the same thing. Kickout the freeloaders. Your not welcome here! I want my taxes to pay for my families needs, not your illegal law-breaking freeloaders.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I disagree with you on some points, some points you made were quite valid and you are right about them.

I am talking about change here. I want people that want to do better for their families to come to this country. I think it should be easy for them to do so. Everyone should deserve a chance to prove themselves in America. That is what this country is all about. What I do not approve of is people that cross the border illegally taking jobs (yes I will admit jobs that most natural born Americans would hate) away from those that would do them because they are available. Believe me, I have seen the lines at day labor places (work today, pay today) just to survive. Yes the corporations that have these jobs that give them to undocumented workers hate the thought of paying minimum wage for legal workers. But that in itself is wrong too, it's illegal and its exploiting a person and subjecting them to basically slavery. We are above that in this country. We should strive to be above that kind of treatment of a person.

These are human beings that deserve a chance to make it in this country. I said a chance. Make it easy for them to come here legally If they chose to invade our country illegally then I say they need to be gotten rid of. Not all of these people are just here to work for their families some are here to sell illegal narcotics, commit crime, and in general put a black stain on otherwise good hard working people. Now I remind you I said SOME, most are here for good reasons and want to do better in their lives. These are the people that need to be welcomed into this country. For the ones that come in and join gangs sell crack rob kill and commit hit and run offenses they should be ejected from the country post haste.

As for companies that higher illegal immigrants and treat them like slaves, pay them below minimum wage and otherwise mistreat them. I say these companies need to be held accountable for their actions. These are companies that do not in my opinion deserve to be in existence. They are exploiting people that are in general just trying to better themselves at a profit. They should pay ultimately for this exploitation.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Excuse me??I can't believe all of you guys call this people "Illegal" but maybe you should do a research about your history because I bet all of guys have ancestors who were "Illegals" in the U.S. doesn't matter from what part of the world...China, Russia, Cuba, Ireland, Africa, France....I don't care...but the ORIGINAL people are NATIVE AMERICANS...which were Mayas and Aztecs yeah you know MEXICANS!!!!So before you say the "Illegal" word stop and remember where u come from ok??They are not criminals they just don't have the luck to be where you are standing...its enough...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CaliSalma

yes, but when my ancestors came to america they didnt commit crimes, steal things, use welfare, expect everyone to learn their language, and rapidly turn nice places into dumps. my ancestors were subtle farmers in iowa and idaho helping to create towns and build the community instead of exploiting loopholes in it.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaliSalma
Excuse me??I can't believe all of you guys call this people "Illegal" but maybe you should do a research about your history because I bet all of guys have ancestors who were "Illegals" in the U.S. doesn't matter from what part of the world...China, Russia, Cuba, Ireland, Africa, France....I don't care...but the ORIGINAL people are NATIVE AMERICANS...which were Mayas and Aztecs yeah you know MEXICANS!!!!So before you say the "Illegal" word stop and remember where u come from ok??They are not criminals they just don't have the luck to be where you are standing...its enough...

Uh, actually the Maya, Aztec and Inca are/were native to S.America and were subsumed after the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadores....making Mexicans a "hybrid".

The Mexicans were and still are pretty much detested by North American Navajos (and other tribes coming into conflict with Mexicans). Prior to white settlement the battles for use of the land between Mexicans and "native Americans" are recorded in numerous books and can be found online.

To this day the Mexicans punish, humiliate and ostracize the more pure-blood remnants of the culture(s) that preceeded them, ie: mayans, aztec by confining them to the upper regions of Mexico's interior states.

You might enjoy learning more about the history of Mexico and it's lovely inhabitants. Just do a simple search. It's a real eye-opener, for sure!

[edit on 17-2-2008 by deenamarie53]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deenamarie53

Uh, actually the Maya, Aztec and Inca are/were native to S.America

[edit on 17-2-2008 by deenamarie53]

I thought only the Inca were in South America. Do you have any links that say the Maya and Aztec were also in South America?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join