It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does zeus have to do with society?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

If you read my FIRST link you would see it ties the entire Grecian pantheon
to modern elite.
Here's a piece from my linked page.
"And the logos of the Department of Defense and State Departments use an eagle having arrows in its claws, while in Greek myth lightning bolts were considered the arrows of Zeus. In fact, I have seen a logo/seal of a US office using a logo displaying an eagle with lightning bolts in its claws. I'm not claiming that the entire leadership of the Department of Defense is Illuminati based, as I haven't the knowledge enough in that area to make such a claim, but I am suggesting it as a possibility.

But as for DARPA, it appears that they themselves are advertising their Illuminati colors, for, behold, DARPA's logo for the Information Awareness Office dons the same all-seeing eye that is on the American dollar bill, pyramid and all!"

Do you not see the 'deeper' meaning?
It's so simple.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I *see* very clearly what was implied in that link.

Honestly though I skimmed through it somewhat, but what I did read stimulated me to find the links I was looking at last night that were in line with what your OP was intending to convey.

Somewhere along the flow of the thread it seemed other topics were smothering your original intent.

Or maybe I'm trippin!

Good thread, Clearskies!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I myself am offended that my ancestories beliefs are being catergorized with Satanism. All you are doing is showing how little you have researched this subject.

There has been comparisons between Green and Norse mythologies to the Bible (also a mythology) by the Christian group Open-Bible Ministries.

The Old Testament Roots of Norse Mythology
Green Mythology and the Bible

I don't agree with all of the conclusions they do, but it we are both in agreement that they came from the same sources. There are definitely some interesting parallels that should be looked at.

Parallels between Christianity and ancient Pagan religions

If the Bible is to be taken as a historical account of events in the past, also take into account that the Greek myths were an oral tradition before they were committed to paper - and was considered history. They developed at the same time. Why is it they talk about the same events?

The Ivy-Covered Cross
Parallels between the stories of Jesus and Osiris-Dionysus

A very interesting comparison of Jesus to Dionysos.

So, if the Bible is founded upon older myths (based on when it was written), and the Bible is the foundation of Christianity, then you believe Christianity is Satanism? Boy, you really do appear confused.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

The bible is NOT founded on older myths.
Gilgamesh, etc....
It was an oral tradition even after the great flood.
The devil was here BEFORE Jesus and did his best to usurp and manipulate the religious systems, since he knew the plan from God himself!

The tau, the branch and the cross were in great popularity at babylon, post-deluge.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here's some great reading on the subject and it's illustrated.

The Two babylons

Here's something from it;

"There is another hieroglyphic connected with Bacchus that goes not a little to confirm this--that is, the Ivy branch. No emblem was more distinctive of the worship of Bacchus than this. Wherever the rites of Bacchus were performed, wherever his orgies were celebrated, the Ivy branch was sure to appear. Ivy, in some form or other, was essential to these celebrations. The votaries carried it in their hands,"

'ivy branch', although I don't believe I've heard of an ivy cross, but it would be an easy switch from 'branch' to the tau 'cross'

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Bible, written between 1200 and 200 BC... tells the story of events that happened sinificantly earlier then that. Different branches of Christianity consider different books of the Old Testament "canon", so exactly which version is correct? If it was inspired and exacting from God, then why the differences?

I believe the Bible is an interpretation of past events. If other cultures are telling the same events but the names are changed, they are now deceptive? The same events are detailed. Why does one have to be "right" and the other "wrong"?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

The priests of Israel that kept the manuscripts meticulously!

Bible manuscripts

It was a painstaking process to copy them by hand, properly.

If you read Revelation 17, you will see;

And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

That woman is the religious systems FROM babylon.
She has had many children, which bear her resemblance.
She is the false church and it's not too much longer until her judgement.

It was after constantine had his priests re-translate the manuscripts at Alexandria, Egypt(the siiaticus and vaticanus)
that Many pagan beliefs slipped into the actual christian church,
(such as getting rid of the second commandment)
Many, broke away.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Has ANYONE with knowledge about the new world order read my first link?????
That's why I posted in the first place.

Evidently you have no knowledge of the Hermetic Golden Dawn or any Hermetic Initiatic Tradition.

Anyone who thinks these have anything to do with Satanism is approaching this from a "I'm christian and anything else is evil" perspective.

Hermetic Traditions hail Hermes (Greek) or Thoth (Egyptian) as someone who "unlocked the secrets of the universe" and passed them down to the rest of mankind. Much like Newtonian Physicists view Sir Isaac. (Ever read the poetic introduction to Principia Mathematica by Halley?)

People need to realize that what is given to them in Church is like a grain of sand in the beach of the theologies and mystical concepts which the church is but a gateway to.

Anytime someone brings something of this kind up, invariably a young and naive adherent of some religion states that it's heresy or satanic, yet they know nothing of it.

I remember Pat Robertson's Book about the New World Order in which he claimed Rosicrucians have secret meetings where they worship Lucifer.

I had to laugh out loud when I read this, because nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Those are some great links you gave.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You sound a lot like my Baptist highschool Bible "classes" or the Church Lady (Dana Carvey) from SNL. I had the simplistic view of "its either from God or from Satan and there is nothing in between" shoved down my throat and once you start thinking outside the good book, you will realize that most evil people do not worship Satan. They worship themselves.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reply to Quazqa,

"Hermetic Traditions hail Hermes (Greek) or Thoth (Egyptian) as someone who "unlocked the secrets of the universe" and passed them down to the rest of mankind. Much like Newtonian Physicists view Sir Isaac. (Ever read the poetic introduction to Principia Mathematica by Halley?)"

Hermes and Thoth were gods, which is quite different from Issac Newton.( At the very least, he was a deist)

O.K., both orders I mentioned have instruction in Astrology and qabalah.
Both religious engagements.
To say that these organizations are merely(or at best) 'scientific' is
beyond reason, IMO.

Did you even bother to look at the aspects of mythology and one-world governance I pieced together?
You can't just dismiss it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ts117

I know you are probably very young.
(You didn't actually look or research ANYTHING I gave)
You just saw 'christian doesn't like it' and went off on a tangent.

Please, open YOUR mind a little and see that there is more than meets the eyes.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Astrology has NO connection to ANY religion. And Kabbalah, which is an ancient Jewish mystical system, is studied and practiced by all kinds of people, some religious and some not. Both of these are practiced by many Christians, as well as Tarot reading.
There is nothing religious about these systems; I don't think you know what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Reply to Quazqa,

"Hermetic Traditions hail Hermes (Greek) or Thoth (Egyptian) as someone who "unlocked the secrets of the universe" and passed them down to the rest of mankind. Much like Newtonian Physicists view Sir Isaac. (Ever read the poetic introduction to Principia Mathematica by Halley?)"

Hermes and Thoth were gods, which is quite different from Issac Newton.( At the very least, he was a deist)

O.K., both orders I mentioned have instruction in Astrology and qabalah.
Both religious engagements.
To say that these organizations are merely(or at best) 'scientific' is
beyond reason, IMO.

Did you even bother to look at the aspects of mythology and one-world governance I pieced together?
You can't just dismiss it.

If you read the "Ode on This Splendid Ornament of Our Time and Our Nation" at the beginning of Newtons Principia, you see that he was indeed revered as a God by Halley. That is my point. Not about what he was, but how people saw him.

Keep in mind also, that he was also versed in astrology etc. Because Astrology and Alchemy were commonly studied in Europe during those times. This is why Hermetic orders also focused on it, because more often than not, members of the Royal Society were also connected to these Hermetic Orders.

As for the mythology/NWO links, I'm not interested. I'm here merely to point out your false statement that Hermetic orders are Satanic. They are not.

What gets me is how you can claim that Kabbalah is in anyway Satanic. Do you even realize that it is the mystical side of Judaism?

LOL.. Next you will be saying that Paul was a Satanist.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here's a link to hermetic qabalah, close your eyes if you click on it and maybe you won't notice the obvious religious overtones. hermetic qabalah

Here's a quote from the site for those who don't want to go there.
Actually almost the first line

"Qabalah" is the spelling generally used to indicate the use of Kabbalah as an occult and practical magical system."

Also astronomy comes originally from where?

Babylon

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ts117

You sound a lot like my Baptist highschool Bible "classes" or the Church Lady (Dana Carvey) from SNL. I had the simplistic view of "its either from God or from Satan and there is nothing in between" shoved down my throat and once you start thinking outside the good book, you will realize that most evil people do not worship Satan. They worship themselves.
you are absolutely right on the mark when you said "they worship themselves".

What a wonderful world it would be if one could simply deny "self." Man's heart is the seat of his mind, his will and his emotions. Is is the secret of a man's heart that motivates him into action.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

'starred'

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Here's a link to hermetic qabalah, close your eyes if you click on it and maybe you won't notice the obvious religious overtones. hermetic qabalah

"Qabalah" is the spelling generally used to indicate the use of Kabbalah as an occult and practical magical system."

Babylon

As I said Kabalah comes from ancient Judaism so of course it might have some religious overtones. However, I see nothing religious on your first link. The rest of what you mentioned, astrology and tarot have nothing to do with religion. They can be spiritual practices though, but they are not a religion. And why is something evil if it comes from Babylon??? You are condemning an ancient civilization altogether? They also gave us astronomy and mathematics, does that mean those practices are religious or Satanic? Your logic is based on disinformation, biased thinking and well, non-logic.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Babylon

As I said Kabalah comes from ancient Judaism so of course it might have some religious overtones. However, I see nothing religious on your first link. The rest of what you mentioned, astrology and tarot have nothing to do with religion. They can be spiritual practices though, but they are not a religion. And why is something evil if it comes from Babylon??? You are condemning an ancient civilization altogether? They also gave us astronomy and mathematics, does that mean those practices are religious or Satanic? Your logic is based on disinformation, biased thinking and well, non-logic.

Thank you ForestLady!

I don't think Clear skies has a Clear mind. :-)

Starred!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks Quazga, it's nice to know someone heard me!
I agree with you; Clear Skies I think you are confused. It appears to me that actually studying and researching some of these things with an open mind might be helpful for you to understand these things better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join