It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does zeus have to do with society?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I ran across this website last night and happened to print it off.

Zuez and lighning and electricity these things have much to do with our current society.

www.quantavolution.org...

The constellation of the Great Bear, circling round the Pole Star, was referred to in Egypt as the Lord of the Thigh. It could conceivably be linked with Dionysus and his birth from the thigh of Zeus. Dionysus was one of the gods who could command lightning

Electricity is the force behind other sky phenomena as well as that of the thunderbolt and its chief users, Zeus and Athene. The bull, stag, cauldron, snake, thigh, Venus, column, eye, radiation, axe, hand, arm, mutation and giants, tholos and dromos tombs, arks, libations and the five major planets, and writing, all figure in attempts by the ancient priest-electricians to describe, explain and exploit celestial phenomena.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
O.K., Golden Dawn is different from the Hermetic Order of the golden dawn.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. where did you come up with this?

Yes, it is, by many who study the Illuminati and other societies.

I think you are not understanding what mythology IS. You mentioned you are part Cherokee. Your ancestors belief system is part of a specific mythology, do you believe it was Satanic?

The second Commandment;
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, ........

Most people who bow down to statues, blocks of wood or ancestors' bones, don't really have fellowship with ANYTHING. They only do it out of tradition.
But, those who become possessed or 'speak' to these entities, practice necromancy.
It's not hard to understand.

I KNEW, that graven images were coming out of this!!!!

This statue is on display in the lobby of a building as a piece of ART. There is no one worshiping it, bowing to it, arranging thier ancestors bones around it,. now is anyone speaking to it.

The Statue of Zeus in the UN lobby IS NOT A GOLEM.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

I think you are not understanding what mythology IS. You mentioned you are part Cherokee. Your ancestors belief system is part of a specific mythology, do you believe it was Satanic?

They believed in The Great Spirit.

This statue is on display in the lobby of a building as a piece of ART. There is no one worshiping it, bowing to it, arranging thier ancestors bones around it,. now is anyone speaking to it.

Calm down, That's not what I meant AT ALL!!! But, it could be possible at night after the lights are out at the U.N. that worshipful ceremonies are performed.
Like a black mass.
The Lodestone in one of the back rooms, with lights focused on it is certainly questionable.
My point about Idolatry came about because I believe most ALL religions practice it.

Do you believe that the new world order is even real, when it's on your 1 dollar bill?

I'm not understanding your use of the word 'golem'

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Thank you. Now that you mention it, I believe the statue at the U.N. is holding lightning rods.
Or a trident, but, I'm pretty sure it was lightning!
Wiki's zeus

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

And of course Tesla did harness the lightning and black out part of Colorado!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I found this in the site you linked in the OP, Clearskies.

[Zeus] at Argos which had three [eyes], two normally placed and the third in the middle of the forehead. In general the Greeks simply state that Zeus sees everything, sees and governs all, beholds and notes all that men do, and the like; or that he has innumerable spies to go about the earth and bring him word..." Later, the same article says "...the earliest surviving type of Zeus in art...[has] his uplifted right hand holding a thunderbolt, while on the extended left arm is perched an eagle, the bird of Zeus."

edit to add source from OP.
www.tribwatch.com...

And to make note of the mention of upright hand holding the thunderbolt and the left arm is perched an eagle.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Which was NOT the Christian god. So were they worshiping Satan?

My point about Idolatry came about because I believe most ALL religions practice it.

Do you believe that the new world order is even real, when it's on your 1 dollar bill?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do

I'm not understanding your use of the word 'golem'

A Golem is something that a Magician might form and give life to.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

CS, the Native Americans are famous for their mythology. Saying that they believed in the Great Spirit is not really an answer to the question. I have to agree with Pavlov here; do you really understand what mythology is? Your ancestors spent their evenings around a campfire, telling mythological stories. So...do you think it's Satanic?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

O.K,
This is The London Golden dawn
It's different from the Hermetic order of the golden dawn.(which I can't link)????
Here's wiki on it HERE

Both of these sites are VERY religious!!!! Astrology, tarot.....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
CS I'm confused; why do you think these sites are so religious? There'sno mention of religion anywhere and astrology and tarot are not religious things. Can you explain?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok, now I see.

I apologise for not looking at the sites earlier. The two sites are in fact two SLIGHTLY different lodge systems.
well, actually neither of those sites you are referencing have original unbroken lineage back to the 19th century london lodge or to germany. I'm sorry but the lineage can be hard to track. There is really very little left. However, for our purposes both sites will give you a idea of what the original was like. neither are that far removed in the laypersons eyes.

However, you are incorrect in your assumption that astrology or the tarot require any particular religous foundation or belief.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Clearskies,

You mentioned JASON. This is very interesting to me. I did some searches of JASON society/group and came up with nothing convincing, just a good story.

However, I saw mention of MITRE corporation and almost spit my coffee out. If any ATS investigators want a good project MITRE is it. I grew up and own a place near their Bedford, Mass "headquarters"; all I can say is they do some serious stuff there.

Hanscom AFB in Bedford is the only airport in the country that is censored in Google Earth that I know of. Route 128 is one of the biggest technology manufacturing hubs in the world including BioTech.

I would love to know what they are really doing there. Raytheon has weird sattelite dishes out in the woods supposedly for Hanscom. Maybe MITRE runs them?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Thank you!
This is the kind of research I'm talking about.
Not the knee-jerk reactionary, defense of paganism.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I dont think there has been ANY defense of paganism on this thread. We have continually asked you why you assert that anyone who doesnt believe in the Christian God is a Satanist, but overall there has been almost been no mention of pagan beliefs.

Dont expect to be able to make wide sweeping claims and not have to back them up. Which btw, you never did.

I still want to know about the Native American Indian question. Do you consider them Satanists since they worshiped 'the great spirit'

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The golden dawn is paganism .......
Astrology and tarot reading and qabballa (kabbala??) are paganistic.

No, I don't think the cherokee were satanists, since they had limited knowledge of Yahweh and worshiped him the best they could.

Here's something on raytheon

I couldn't find anything on Mitre, except normal stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The golden dawn is paganism .......
Astrology and tarot reading and qabballa (kabbala??) are paganistic.

again, it's not a religion. ou can be a member of the GD and be christian, jewish , athiest or of any religous beliefs. And btw, the Kabnala is Jewish

No, I don't think the cherokee were satanists, since they had limited knowledge of Yahweh and worshiped him the best they could.

what knowledge of the Christian God did they have before the white man brought him to the new world?? They had none, they had never heard of him. So by your definition, how could they not be Satanist?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Christians are forbidden to do Tarot cards or Astrology, so that would leave us out. It's actually hermetic qabalah that was advertised on the golden dawn site(london, I think)

Thank you for noticing the difference in the two branches of gd.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

You just made me think of something. hopefully we all know that our brains trigger memories and actions/reactions through electrical impulses firing from neuron to neuron. So in a way our brains are nothing more than electric currents acting on and reacting to stimuli.

stay with me here.

So Zeus being the Head god (or god of gods however you want to word it) for the ancient cultures (Greeks Romans Etc) and also the god with control over electricity... it makes one wonder if the ancients had a way of knowing that our brains are based on electricity?
If so was the structure of the gods just an analogy for mankind (and the unexplainable)?

I like this thread; special kudos to interestedalways for the intriguing turn of topic! got me thinkin'!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Thanks Coven, I am glad someone picked up on what I was thinking with that.

The OP talks about Zuez but the content of the thead really doesn't bring forth much about how the particular mythology related to society.

Seems these days everything is based around communicaton and electricity in some form or another.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Thanks Coven, I am glad someone picked up on what I was thinking with that.

The OP talks about Zues but the content of the thead really doesn't bring forth much about how the particular mythology related to society.

Seems these days everything is based around communicaton and electricity in some form or another.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by interestedalways]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join