It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does zeus have to do with society?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Someone on another thread asked how we would like it if zeus were a deiity
that we were forced to worship.
Well, knowing that mythology is a big part of the elite,

I found this

article about it.

Can anyone tell me about the statue at the entrance of the U.N. building in N.Y.?
Is it zeus or his brother poseidon?
thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I got as far as this statement in the article that you linked

"The Bavarian Illuminati founded the Golden Dawn in London, a very Satanic cult "

and I quit

Golden Dawn is not Satanism

I tend to ignore just about anything to starts waving about the word 'satanism'.

That sorta removes all credence from the author

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

O.K., if you read on down in what I first posted, it drew a comparison to the new world order and mythology, even into going into 'royal' bloodlines(the golden fleece being the bloodlines).

You said that the hermetic order of the golden dawn are not satanic.
I and most christians believe that the worship of anything other than the God of Jesus IS satanic.
Not to mention HOW evil the New world order is.
Here's the Golden dawn society's website out of Florida.
The computer won't let me link to that site.
That's weird!
I'm sure there are many well-intentioned people who are in it!

Now the JASON group is an extension of the JASON Society, both of which are related to the mythical Golden Fleece and the Satanic bloodline that the Fleece depicted. With that in mind, note that in the website below, the Illuminati is said to be called the "Cult of the Serpent,":

"...the JASON Society makes up the executive members of the Council on Foreign Relations and, in fact, the Trilateral Commission as well...the U.S. Government Founders of the JASON Group include members of the famous Manhattan Project...Today JASON continues to offer scientific help the [American] government cannot find anywhere else. They are probably the only group of scientists in the United States that know the true state of highest technology"

Here's something about hermes and Jason; The argonauts

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by pavlovsdog

I and most christians believe that the worship of anything other than the God of Jesus IS satanic

The Golden Dawn is not a religion, and does not worship anything therefore it can not be 'satanic' in your world view. Jews, Christians, Gnostics Buddists and atheists can all be in the ranks of the Golden Dawn.

By your logic, since they practice 'worship of anything other than the God of Jesus - Buddists, Muslims, Hindus, Bah'ai, Shinto, Taoists, Deists, Druze, Certain Gnostics, Native American Indians, Scientologists and even Jews are all SATANISTS!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Are you talking about this statue?

en.wikipedia.org...:UN_Swords_into_Plowshares_Statue.JPG#Summary

It is not either one; it's not even a figure from any mythology. It is called the "Swords into Plowshares" statue.
Note: Poseidon always has a trident and Zeus is usually depicted sitting on a throne.
Nothing Satanic about it, it's just something an artist made up.
Why would you think it was Zeus or Neptune? Did you read that somewhere?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Originally posted by pavlovsdog

"The Golden Dawn is not a religion, and does not worship anything therefore it can not be 'satanic' in your world view. Jews, Christians, Gnostics Buddists and atheists can all be in the ranks of the Golden Dawn."

Some people say that the Illuminati aren't religious, too.

"Native American Indians, and even Jews are all SATANISTS!"

I don't know about the others, but as someone who is part cherokee, I can say that there are innumerable christian Cherokee.
There are also messianic jews who believe in Jesus!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Your link isn't working.
No I saw it a long time ago, it's not 'sword into plowshares'
It's a big statue of an ancient mythological god.
The corrolation between satanism and mythology is well-established.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I and most christians believe that the worship of anything other than the God of Jesus IS satanic.

First of all, the Golden Dawn doesn't worship anything. Individual members might, but not as a group policy.
Secondly, how is it that anything that isn't Christian is Satanic? Just because some Christians might believe that, doesn't mean that all do or that it is an official policy of the Christian faith.
Seems like a pretty narrow-minded, intolerant attitude - which goes against the tolerance that Jesus taught.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The corrolation between satanism and mythology is well-established.

Excuse me? By WHOM????? You?
No it is not well-established, not by any scholar, or anyone who knows anything about mythology. Quit insulting other people's religions.

Now, can you come up with an image of that statue you're talking about?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Some people say that the Illuminati aren't religious, too.

I didn't say that members of the GD are not religous! I said they are not a RELIGION!

I don't know about the others, but as someone who is part cherokee, I can say that there are innumerable christian Cherokee.
There are also messianic jews who believe in Jesus!

I'm sorry, I should have specified native American Indians who still practice the religion of their ancestors.

So, by your statement above, your position is that if a Jewish person is not Messianic, then he or she is a satanist.

I see.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm still waiting on the OP to come back and let us know what ZEUS has got to do with this thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Secondly, how is it that anything that isn't Christian is Satanic?

That certainly seems to be the case in the distorted minds of many, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I've seen this thought pattern before, but I've never seen the umbrella opened wide enough to encompass the non messianic Jewry. Generally when confronted with that the pontificator normally begins a hasty redaction, however we have not seen that in this case.

I still wanna know why a statue of Zeus in the UN is of concern.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I still wanna know why a statue of Zeus in the UN is of concern.

Well, according to, Clearskies, anything that is mythological is "satanic."

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ClearSkies, the link worked fine for me. Scroll down and you'll see an image of the statue on the right. It says that this is the statue that stands at the entrance to the U.N. Can you give me a description or picture of the statue you're talking about? If you're thinking this statue is of a deity or figure from mythology, that is not correct. The statue represents humanity.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Conversely, almost nobody is more Christian than Satanists, because they buy completely into the entire Christian mythology. They're even more Christian than most casual Christians, who go to church but don't really concern themselves with the more mystical aspects of the religion or the literal acceptance of the more Zoroastrian components where good and evil entities battle for control of the world. You can't believe in or worship Satan without complete belief in the whole Christian cosmology.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I got as far as this statement in the article that you linked

"The Bavarian Illuminati founded the Golden Dawn in London, a very Satanic cult "

O.K., Golden Dawn is different from the Hermetic Order of the golden dawn.

Excuse me? By WHOM????? You?
No it is not well-established, not by any scholar, or anyone who knows anything about mythology.

Yes, it is, by many who study the Illuminati and other societies.

Now, can you come up with an image of that statue you're talking about?

No, I haven't found it. I was hoping someone near there or someone who had been there could tell me.
It was definitely Poseidon OR Zeus!
It's not a man working on an anvil.

The second Commandment;
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

Most people who bow down to statues, blocks of wood or ancestors' bones, don't really have fellowship with ANYTHING. They only do it out of tradition.
But, those who become possessed or 'speak' to these entities, practice necromancy.
It's not hard to understand.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Has ANYONE with knowledge about the new world order read my first link?????
That's why I posted in the first place.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes I have been studying about the NWO for many years now. I did read your link; it's written by a fundamentalist Christian, who isn't exactly objective, he has an agenda.

Yes, it is, by many who study the Illuminati and other societies.

The second Commandment;
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

Most people who bow down to statues, blocks of wood or ancestors' bones, don't really have fellowship with ANYTHING. They only do it out of tradition.But, those who become possessed or 'speak' to these entities, practice necromancy.
It's not hard to understand.

AFAIK, there is no one on the planet who "bows down to statues". Statues are there to remind us of something; ya know, like the Christian statue of Jesus on a cross?

No one has ever even established that the Illuminati actually exists, so anyone studying the Illuminati and absolutely without a doubt believes in it, is lying to themselves and others. Also, there are many far right Christian self-styled scholars who "study" the Illuminati; of course they would say it's all Satanic.

And then you quote something from the mythological book of the Bible, using it as fact? How do we know that anything in the Bible was ever true?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Conversely, almost nobody is more Christian than Satanists, because they buy completely into the entire Christian mythology.

Agreed 100%. A good Sataniist will know more about the faith than most cateteria christians any given day of the week. They have to be knowledgeable so that they can properly pervert it.

edited to add:

there are very few actual true Satanists. There are many who may identify as such for a period of time for a shock value or as an attempt to belong to a group mind. But as far as actual comitted true satanists, they are few and far between. You probably wouldnt know one if you met one. It's not the goth kid with the pentagram on his neck and the tatoos on his arms.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by pavlovsdog]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join