It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Rain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Jesus? What are you doing in there?"
"Um... nothing... just using the toilet dad."
"Right... I am God you know."
"Dad I'm 2030 years or so old and lonely. You'll just have to accept it."

And it is at this point I have realized I'm going to hell...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I live in albuquerque, my grandma lives in Silver. It is true, the intial ideas were from ash from a volcano or somehow sand from white sands. Either don't make sence, most folks had to wash and scrub it off thier cars. They even mentioned it in Ripley's belive it or not in the newspaper. I will have my gandma ask for pictures from her friends and neighbors, but keep in mind that most counties that were affected are very small towns and Silver is bigger then the rest down there but it's a fraction of what Albuquerque and we only have over 600,000 people here.
If I find pictures I'll post them but like I said, these people wern't thinking chemtrails or UFO's when it happened.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have heard of this before but described as "raining mud"...

Source of picture.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I live in Las Cruces, (about 150 miles southeast of Silver) where I have a car-wash business, and I wish it would rain some white crud here, because that makes me rich!!!

Seriously we do get what I refer to as "Mudballs" because what happens is you get a dust storm mixed with a little rain, and everyones cars look like the picture above.

I don't have a clue what was falling on Silver City, hopefully nothing toxic.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Here is some information related to the possibility of it being dust from the playas, like you asked me, whaaa.

But it has been unseasonably VERY cold here, at least in the SE corner of NM where I am and there hasn't been winds or any reason to think that is a real possibility - the weather, I believe, has been rather consistent throughout the whole state since the New Year.

Born and raised in Deming, NM (45 minute drive from Silver)... parents still live there, talk to them every other day. They had a very windy, dusty, and warm spring. The entire area south of the Gila has been in a nightmarish drought for upwards of 10 years. Last summer the Gila burn areas saw heavy isolated rains which hit the ash and douched the whole mess down into the SW playas. Then a dry, hot spell in Hidalgo, Luna, and Grant counties this spring dried them completely out. When the air warms up it lifts the smallest particles very high into the atmosphere. This year those particles would have included an incredible amount of ash from the Gila wilderness fires, much, much more ash than is normal for those areas. Presto change-o, a little precipitation moves in, the water in the clouds collects this ash and dust, and the usual "brown rain" I grew up with is ashen white.

This isn't a paranormal phenomenon or anything conspiratorial whatsoever. It's simply the science of living right on the Continental Divide between two large playas laying Southeast (Akela Flats), Southwest (Road Forks) and to the south is the ever-desertificating area around Deming. When the fires are on the East side of the Divide, the runoff runs to the Rio Grande and passes through quite a bit of natural filter material. If, however, the fires are on the West slope, there's not a damn thing between the lower box of the Gila and the Chircahuas except for one huge alkali flat. Every bit of dust, ash, and pollen that washes down outside the collection area for the lower box ends up on that flat.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thanks for that explanation!!

Not quite as entertaining as urinating space Chihuahua's, Plutonian honey wagon dumps or effluent from Uranus but educational and informative just the same.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ever seen a beautiful sunset???What do you think is in the atmosphere causing those colors?? Its dust. Sometimes thicker than at other times. This time it hung out in the atmosphere longer than usual and came down, like it always does...atached to rain droplets!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Next time if you want to either use one of my photos or link right into my server, I'd appreciate you asking permission first. There is such a thing as copyright protection, you know!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join