It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Rain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Silver City Sun News

www.scsun-news.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment Dept. probes strange precipitation in Grant County
By Rebecca Johns and Levi Hill/Sun-News reporters
Article Launched: 01/11/2008 01:00:00 AM MST

SILVER CITY —The New Mexico Environment Department is looking into what caused a strange milky white rain to fall on Grant County Monday.

Area residents noticed the unusual rain as it left white puddles and a white, almost sticky residue everywhere.

"We're trying to determine what caused this event," said Marissa Stone, communication spokeswoman for the New Mexico Environment Department. "We are sending samples to New Mexico Tech and the University of Texas El Paso to be tested."

Stone said the NMED is looking at several possible reasons, including wind and weather patterns that might have brought the unknown substance to the area.

"We'll know what the substance is when we get the results back in one to three weeks," Stone said. "We want to know what it is as much as you do."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by whaaa]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is odd! Could this have anything to do with the Massive Texas UFO? Chemtrails?

www.scsun-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

This is odd! Could this have anything to do with the Massive Texas UFO?

when my friend mentioned this this am, that was my initial thought.

weird stuff. But why?

edit: the one thing that wouldnt make sense would be their sighting was on the 8th, unless it came back at some point recently.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
IMO, this article is pointless without any videos or pictures.

If this is true, then my, God must be doing something nasty...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Exactly, you think with even all the camera phones out there someone would snap a photo. Just an article with nothing to back it up. Anyone live in silver city that can confirm this?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There are two members here that are from Silver City.

I will try and send them a u2u and see what their response to thie news story is.

I agree, you would think that a competent newspaper would have some photos.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
White and sticky residue? I don't like the sound of that...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
White and sticky residue? I don't like the sound of that...

LMAO...God must be blind by now....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Hey, I implied it first.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Albuquerque Journal has a pic of it on todays front page. If you can find a copy, that is.

unfortunately the greedy a-holes want you to pay to see their article on it *sigh*

Ill go buy a copy (But I dont have a scanner, so I'll try to take a pic with my digi cam)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For me this piece of news reminded the story from the Bible where God rained down some sort of white stuff to Moses and his kin while they were in the desert. Dont know in English what that stuff was called though.

Quite possible some Christians will go ballistic if it turns out this stuff is eatable

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard

Quite possible some Christians will go ballistic if it turns out this stuff is eatable

Yeah and if anyone collected it they would sell it on ebay for $500,000 lol.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

3. The Sky is Bleeding!: Showers of blood falling from the sky may sound like something out of a Hollywood horror film, but such scarlet-tinted rains have been reported since ancient Roman times. Though they often horrified the people they fell upon, these rains were not actually blood—they were caused by dust or sand blown into the atmosphere and carried long distances by strong winds, eventually mixing with rain clouds and coloring the rain. In Europe, these red rains are usually dyed by dust carried across the continent from Saharan sand storms. (Other colored rains have also been spotted and seem to be caused by similar sources: pollens can create a startling yellow rain, dust from coal mines and ominous black rain, and some dusts a milky white rain.)

digg.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Its the return of Phallic Jesus, see that statue wasn't just art, it was prophecy.
After reading the posts in that thread, Jesus wanted to prove once and for all that he was still as virile as any man walking.

Oh no, I'm starting to sound like the basket cases on this site.
Time for a quick home lobotomy!
Where I'd put those wire hangers?
Damn cheap chinese plastic just won't do!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A seal laughing next to a christ crying...man that is ART.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard
For me this piece of news reminded the story from the Bible where God rained down some sort of white stuff to Moses and his kin while they were in the desert. Don't know in English what that stuff was called though.

Manna
But it was more like dried flaky white stuff and they said it tasted like coriander.

?!?

Did anyone taste this white stuff, I wonder?

NEVERMIND

Well...if they believe GOD got Mary pregnant...then certainly that is a definite possibility!

I live in Carlsbad but I didn't hear about this until I got a U2U from whaaa (sorry I haven't had time to investigate until just now)

I already got in big trouble with the christians last year when I said that even Jesus needs to get laid once in a while. So I'll not go there now. hee hee

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is some information related to the possibility of it being dust from the playas, like you asked me, whaaa.

But it has been unseasonably VERY cold here, at least in the SE corner of NM where I am and there hasn't been winds or any reason to think that is a real possibility - the weather, I believe, has been rather consistent throughout the whole state since the New Year.

Frankly, I am rather puzzled over it. Maybe they'll report on the chemical analysis soon if it tells anything definite.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Its most likely something that was picked up through a tornado or waterspout and attached itself to the water droplets in the atmosphere, then formed cloud and fell as rain.

Had to laugh when you mentioned chemtrails

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
well it did snow in iraq the other day. but californa has been spraying for something state wide. aronald said he would keep spraying even if people complained. not sure what hes spraying or what for. its on ats though somewhere

top topics

<<   2 >>

join