It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, it won't happen in stephenville... the sky is full of clouds.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

My daughter and I were talking about this whole thing over dinner tonight and she asked me innocently "why would everyone want to cover up and hide something like that?" "It's the most exiciting and amazing thing" "why wouldn't they want everyone to know about it?" She's 14 and that whole "out of the mouth of babes" thing is starting to make a lot of sense.

We both agreed that there has to be SOMETHING out there... somewhere. And we don't think that anyone in the position to acknowledge it is GOING to acknowledge or validate it with anyone until the whole damn bunch of them come all at once and they're standing there with their mouths open trying to figure out how to cover THAT up.

Kind of like in Independence Day or that show Alien Nation.... a bit of life imitating art dont you think?

I'll keep looking for my lights in the back acreage and who knows... maybe this goodie in Texas will decide to take a trip to the North East.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was surprised to find a second thread on this sighting down in Texas. Does anyone know if there is video or photo evidence? Lots of people saw it, so surely someone tried to get a picture.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
As for the F-15's, I can relate to that. In my only UFO sighting, I witnessed a disc shape object dart behind heavy clouds to avoid being spotted by a nearby F-15. I think the government does chase UFO's away from civilain areas sometimes.

Do you know for sure these were F-15's?
From what I recall, the story said that they were military fighter jets but there was no reference to exactly what the aircraft were, nor would you really expect a bunch of small-town texans to know how to distinguish between the many types of military aircraft out there.. If the jet witnesses can actually give a detailed description of the aircraft involved and the witness descriptions seem to coincide with one another, then maybe there would be something solid to work with as far as finding out what kind of aircraft it was.

It actually seems more likely that these were F-16's from the nearby 301st fighter wing out of the joint reserve naval station. One thing that is interesting is that one of the witnesses was apparently a pilot named Steve Allen. If anyone is familiar with aircraft and what he is looking at as far as aircraft, it is this guy. So far I haven't found his testimony on the events in any of the news stories but his quote in the Washington Post sais..
"It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts"

Definately interesting.
I especially like this line from the article on yahoo
The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.
I thought it was interesting that the reporter of this story chose not to put it in quotes, as it would represent a direct verbatim comment by the Air Force. By the reporter making it look more like an innocent remark, the Air Force can dodge ridicule over this because it was never officially their remark within the news story. Just thought it noteworthy.

CNN said this morning that some witnesses saw what they described as fighter jets trying to keep pace with the object. But I am unsure if this was one individual or multiple..
The coverage CNN gave this event on national television this morning was horrid. I stated this before, but if news reporters are going to retain an unbiased outlook on world events, they really should stop smirking and laughing about it like it's a big joke. The only thing missing from the news story was circus music and a big red squeeky nose..

-ChriS

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

This should be pretty interesting to verify. Maybe I should do a FOIA request on activity related to unknown aircraft with the two air bases in the area.

Springer, any of your guys doing this already? I hate to be redundant....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Texas UFO story was on the Today's Show this morning.
I was surprised when Matt Lauer said something like this,
"You would have to be foolish to think that we *Are Alone*, in
the universe" Way to Go Matt, it's about Time!

Ann Curry said, "She would go up to a UFO and offer them a twinkie or something."
As far as jets trying to get UFO's out of neighborhoods......
I believe this is true. I don't know an F-15 from an F-16.

I have seen jets when UFO's were in the area tho.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This video was just released on CNN. Although it doesn't capture the UFO, they do interview those who say they saw it.

www.cnn.com...#/video/tech/2008/01/16/reaves.texas.ufo.search.wfaa

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
FYI all - - - I was searching around trying to get a better Doppler or radar blip on that area that showed the abnormality at 8:30 1/15/08 that was in a previous post. I stumbled upon this one and this particular weather station on this website is 'DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE" Hmmmmmmm.....something wrong or something we shouldn't see?

I'm assuming it's in the correct area judging from the map on the previous post. Just thought that was interesting.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by burbsgal
reply to post by SIEGE

My daughter and I were talking about this whole thing over dinner tonight and she asked me innocently "why would everyone want to cover up and hide something like that?" "It's the most exiciting and amazing thing" "why wouldn't they want everyone to know about it?" She's 14 and that whole "out of the mouth of babes" thing is starting to make a lot of sense.

We both agreed that there has to be SOMETHING out there... somewhere. And we don't think that anyone in the position to acknowledge it is GOING to acknowledge or validate it with anyone until the whole damn bunch of them come all at once and they're standing there with their mouths open trying to figure out how to cover THAT up.

Kind of like in Independence Day or that show Alien Nation.... a bit of life imitating art dont you think?

I'll keep looking for my lights in the back acreage and who knows... maybe this goodie in Texas will decide to take a trip to the North East.

Because if the government acknowledged UFO's it would blow religion of EVERY sort out of the water. Religion is the unseen second arm of government and is used to control and manipulate people. Take this facet away and most people would not give a rats a$$ about anything, since they are no longer the center of the universe. It would also cast doubt as to who or what god actually is...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The article on the cbs website sais this:

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

and this is also noteworthy:

Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan, who said he isn't sure about the existence of UFOs, said one night last week he first saw red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving rapidly across the sky.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft - at least I hope it was."

On the ellen show today, she said that the pilot's (Steve Allen's) description was of a huge object approximately half a mile long and flying around 350 feet off the ground at an approximated speed of around 3,000 mph. Then Ellen talked seriously about how she once saw a UFO with some old college buddies or something..

I just wonder why some people claim they saw military fighters "chasing" the object. The Air Force is sticking to their story that none of their fighters were flying at the time. At least not around that area. The closest bases are Shephard AFB and Dyess AFB. Both bases claim none of their aircraft were in that area last week according to the news story. Maybe there were smaller craft flying in the vicinity of the larger one? Who knows.. Unfortunately, no solid evidence has surfaced yet other than witness testimony of all the people involved (and there are many)..

-ChriS

[edit on 16-1-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

The airforce would never, ever admit to flying or chasing a UFO. Not until they are told to by the President and that's not going to happen. For whatever reason, they want to still believe, us American's are dumb and what we don't know won't hurt.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Because if the government acknowledged UFO's it would blow religion of EVERY sort out of the water.

I am a religious person, and I find no conflict between my beliefs and the possibility of alien life... in fact, statistically, it's more likely that there is life out there somewhere than not. You're referring to the Brookings Report, of course.. but this is a different world we live in now... I think except for the most fundamentalist/extremist people, it would have far less of an effect than it might have 50 years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

Definately interesting.
I especially like this line from the article on yahoo
The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.
I thought it was interesting that the reporter of this story chose not to put it in quotes, as it would represent a direct verbatim comment by the Air Force. By the reporter making it look more like an innocent remark, the Air Force can dodge ridicule over this because it was never officially their remark within the news story. Just thought it noteworthy.

Thinking on that, maybe we should be more literal. If the USAF does not investigate UFO's - this does not mean another agency does not.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Link below regarding cnn video shot by reporter of UFO texas

[edit on 17-1-2008 by burbsgal]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Link to The Shot: Anderson Cooper CNN i-report video of "UFO" takin by reporter's cell phone.

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2008/01/16/cooper.shot.wed.cnn?iref=videosearch

Hope this works... I'm having trouble linking it.

Im still having trouble... go to that link and scroll down for the search video thing on the CNN web site. Just type in UFO and it somes up as a search named THE SHOT -

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
burbsgal : Couldn't make out too much on that video either. The small
blinking lights do not fairly represent a "huge craft, maybe a mile long".

But, it is interesting that this sighting is finally getting it's due recognition.

Then there's another thread about a "signal" being receiving. That one too
is quite interesting. Co-incidence ?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Because if the government acknowledged UFO's it would blow religion of EVERY sort out of the water.

I am a religious person, and I find no conflict between my beliefs and the possibility of alien life... in fact, statistically, it's more likely that there is life out there somewhere than not. You're referring to the Brookings Report, of course.. but this is a different world we live in now... I think except for the most fundamentalist/extremist people, it would have far less of an effect than it might have 50 years ago.

To add to that, a few religions actually state as a matter of fact that there are many worlds with life on them. So, presumption based on one religion is just outright wrong!

I suppose even if somehow religions of our world are contradicted, at best all it means is our understanding of the creative force behind this all is not correct. To that effect, contact should be a learning "spiritual" experience, perhaps that is why so many contactees report spiritual feelings post contact.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I get the sense that this was a major event.
The aircraft pilot Steve Allen, who spotted the object from above, described it as massive. Around a mile long and half a mile wide. It's speed was supposedly around 3,000 miles/hr, made no sound, had red and white flashing lights that blinked in sequence, and it flew at an altitude of below 500 feet.

From what aircraft are located at the 2 nearest air force bases, the most likely culprit for the witnessed fighter "chase aircraft" (if this was a fighter aircraft) was an F-16. Though we don't know for sure, let's assume for a moment it was..

At sea level, an F-16 has a max speed of mach 1.2 (just under 1,000 mph). Only at altitude can the F-16 reach a speed of just over mach2 (around 1500 mph). But something doesn't add up here. If this thing was flying 3,000 mph an F-16 would never be able to keep pace. Even at full afterburner this thing would have left an F-16 in the dust
(and I believe the speed approximation was given by Steve Allen who is a pilot and would be familiar with air speeds and how to, generally, gauge them)..

Even if this were an F-15 fighter it would have been impossible. It is said that the F-15 can climb to 30,000 feet in under a minute. I watched this once at Eielson AFB when I was stationed there. But even an F-15 only has a low altitude max speed of mach1.2 (900 mph) and a high altitude max speed of mach 2.5+ (1650 mph). nowhere near the needed speed to even be anywhere near this thing if it was indeed flying at 3,000 mph. If they were flying low, just as the UFO was apparently, they wouldn't have even been able to reach 1000 mph (1/3 of the UFO's approximated speed).

Something doesn't add up..

The only thing I can guess is that perhaps these fighter aircraft (if they were indeed fighter aircraft) were seen moments after the UFO had flown off at a ridiculous speed. It is also possible that these aircraft were dispatched from one of the nearby air force bases (which would mean, again, most likely F-16's) to investigate what this object was and to try and keep pace. Maybe the UFO (or whoever piloted it) knew that it was being followed by fighters and chose a speed of 3,000 mph in order to elude them.

There is actually video evidence of this same thing happening with other fighter aircraft if I remember correctly. I remember seeing footage about 2 years ago, shot from a fighter aircraft, that actually showed the UFO it was following with a radar signature that came and went. At one point, the radar signature being tracked by the fighter actually flew below sea level (which would have put the object below the ground at some points).

And let's not forget, there have also been instances of all kinds of aircraft witnesses massive UFO's while the controllers on the ground show nothing in the area. This encounter in Alaska comes to mind..
www.youtube.com...

not to mention the pilot of the airliner was grounded after he finished his scheduled flight..
[edit on 19-1-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Anyone else bar me thinks this is purely a military aircraft of some sort undergoing testing hence the chase planes as is standard on most test flights. It’s simply a case like that of the Nighthawk, in 10 years time when the military release information on what they have been flying we will all sit back and realise what had been spotted over the years was not aliens, simply secret aircraft.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft - at least I hope it was."

On the ellen show today, she said that the pilot's (Steve Allen's) description was of a huge object approximately half a mile long and flying around 350 feet off the ground at an approximated speed of around 3,000 mph.

I just wonder why some people claim they saw military fighters "chasing" the object.

Maybe there were smaller craft flying in the vicinity of the larger one?

-ChriS
[edit on 16-1-2008 by BlasteR]

( Emphasis mine)

I think you may be on to something here, but let's be a bit more explicit.

When a sea-faring nation on earth (such as the US, or say, Russia) made formal political/diplomatic overatures to another "respected" nation, historically, they would often lead such overtures off with a show of "Naval splendor".

In the past, it was quite common for the US to "honor" an ally, or soon to be ally, by gracing the country's largest port with the presence of an American aircraft carrier in its "Dress whites" best.

Now, a ship as large and imposing as an aircraft carrier is never without its smaller, attendant vessels, so the receiving nation would often find its main harbor clogged with a (not so) small armada of naval vessels; often with more prowling just off its shores.

Is it not possible that we are witness to a similar protocol being played out in Texas?

Perhaps the "fighter jets" chasing the "mile-long" UFO were not "jets" at all but attendant craft to the UFO.

Their appearance, similar to that of a terrestrial fighter jet, might be wholly attributed to the fact that they, too, are designed to operate Primarily within the atmosphere of a planet, and the laws of aerodynamics, like those of physics may be bent, but never broken.

Come to think of it, this possible explanation resonates very closely to the sequence of events which ultimately led to the appearance of the "mothership" in Stephen Speilberg's (Stephens-ville, TX!) Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Maybe the ET's, if there be ET's, Have been monitoring our radio and television broadcasts.

And they got the interpetation Almost right.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join