It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Fox news just showed it and it was hugh.

Springer has to jump on this because he wants to be right there and not let Mufon get a step on him.

Go Springer Go

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
All these witnesses and no video?! Damn!

Keep your eyes peeled to youtube this week...

They reported seeing a huge object with flashing lights that seemed to change formation. This case sounds in description like the Bakersfield, CA object that WAS caught on video; which btw has yet to be explained.

Same object?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarrenPiece
Does anyone else think that sounds a little like Blackburn's UFO? The changing configuration and altitude make it sound like a similar sighting. I was wondering why that thread hasn't gone anywhere. Seemed very promising.

Oops, just saw your post. Sorry.

And yes i think it does....

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Fox news just showed it and it was hugh.

Springer has to jump on this because he wants to be right there and not let Mufon get a step on him.

Go Springer Go

What? Fox news just showed a video of the stephensville ufo?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by smans

Not every person has access to camera equipment, some of us don't have ipods or cell phones or even digital cameras for that matter. There is another thread on this topic already:

link to other thread

and here is my response from there:

If there were Air Force planes chasing this object then I would have to say it was picked up on radar and was something that shouldn't have been there. If reports of the size are accurate then I would have to say then it is certainly not man made, unless some other country has some serious tech. Since there are reports of our air craft giving chase then if it were man made it would have to belong to another country which scares the crap out of me. So I would have to say something not of this planet or not of this time. Very very interesting, hope there is more information on this in the future i.e. radar reports/video. Starred and flagged.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Watch this video, if for no other reason, than to see his comment about starting an interstellar war.

I was rolling when I heard that. It reminded me of my hometown. Population 5000, 85% hunters. I'm really surprised he didn't shoot it!

It's also currently one of the top stories on Yahoo.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow, a huge sighting a hundred miles or so from my house and I am New York City.

I've got some contacts close to the area and am waiting to hear back from them. Knowing the area and the people, the lack of digital images is not that surprising.

I'll stay on top of this the best I can but I am busy and in meetings all day today in the City.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by smans
Pictures and/or video or it didn't happen.
In this day and age why can't people whip out a camera and get aa 5 megapixel picture of these things?

(

Yes. If there aren't any pictures this case can be classified as 'maybe it happened, maybe it didn't", like countless and countless and countless and countless and countless of reports out there and will be forgotten in no time.

So, move on folks.... nothing to see here...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They had better check with the game warden before shooting that UFO.
They mights have a limit and where's we gonna hang a trophy that size? It'll have to be something bigger than a 308. yalp.....

Amazing story, will check it out with my contacts in Stephenville. A little Texas humor from a Texan....

link   
Yes, Fox showed the lights and it looked like this object would be hugh.

I checked www.foxnews.com... they have the story but I don't see pictures of the lights like on TV

link   
reply to post by omnicron

100% of human life is not available on YouTube. Sorry to bust your bubble. I don't even own a video camera and I rarely have a standard camera with me. If I saw a UFO I could tell you about it but wouldn't have any pictures to show.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm glad Springer is on it, makes me feel better knowing he will get the scoop for us.

When Mufon said they were getting involved I say there's something to it. I suggest all Texans keep looking up and have a CAMERA with you and make sure it has fresh batteries/fully charged and ready to go.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Pretty sure my roomate and I saw the same thing early last night. I live in Southwest Louisiana right near the TX border and we saw a large object, maybe a mileish or so away flying low, "large" orangish reddish glow surrounding it. No sound whatsoever. Now all day today we've had F-15's flying circles around the town. Interesting.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Zenagain]

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hunting guy reminded me of this Far Side comic:

Worth1000

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i'm really sick of how the newscasters of fox news treat these types of stories. Their demeanor is one of sarcasm and is almost like reporting on santa clause on christmas eve. I find it completely insulting that when something like this happens they do not report on it with the seriousness of oh lets say some bull crap story like natalie halloway but rather approach it in an unproffesional manner. Bollocks, i say

The credibility of this story is very good. Just look at the ones reporting it, from texas. They seem like the type of people that would NOT want to see anything out of their god-fearing ordinary worlds. I think that these people only report these things out of their patriotic duty to America thinking that it is something that would effect national security but ends up being unexplainable. The fact that these people think that these objects have something to do with the end times should show one that these people are not looking to see these things, they just happened upon them.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
Yes. If there aren't any pictures this case can be classified as 'maybe it happened, maybe it didn't" ....

I don't think anyone would suggest that "nothing" happened. Clearly a good number of people saw something that they could not explain in the sky. To dismiss it like you are is somewhat rude, IMO.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The sightings would appear to be legitimate. (mulitple sigtings, multiple
witnesses). Something strange WAS seen.
But the "down-time" between the 8th of January and the 14th of January
bothers me. Today being the 15th, that means a week was lost until this
story suddenly breaks nationally. Why ?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

I think FOX news doing what it is actually lends more credibility to the story in my eyes.

I mean how many UFO sightings do they ever report this quickly? I'm no expert but i would say Fox news trying to discredit this story smells like damage control orders from up above.

It seems to me these Texans have seen something they weren't supposed to. So who else to turn to for the purpose of smearing the story than the no.1 news spinner FOX news.

Any news story i ever see FOX news bad mouthing or degrading leads me to believing the opposite now days.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join