It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

I do have a pic phone. And am more than willing to help with whatever is needed. Just direct me and let me know what to do and what to look for. I don't mind giving my number to someone that will use it responsibly... but not sure who that is.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Diggggggggggggg it looks like we both were posting at the same time, I did miss your post. I was just going to post it and I happened to see your post.

I don't know, something ain't right as far as I am concerned. I can watch the news and when a story breaks they have it in seconds and camera's working in minutes, so why???? all this time to get on the news. Some report it with a bit of seriousness but then you get others that are so pathetic they should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just heard about these sightings on the news here in England, what these people must have seen was massive, & IMO even without seeing any footage, this was not a coulple of planes with the setting sun glinting off it as MAJ karl lewis has suggested, yes there were planes in the sky at the time, but they were chasing the thing, we had a similar case over the English channel a while back, when the pilots crew & passengers witnessed an object that was supposed to have been a mile long, the pilot viewed this object through binoculars & in his own words he was very glad to get the plane down on the runway safely, so these massive craft do exist 100%, also on the news which was interesting was, they said the FBI have told people not to worry as they know what is, well i think it's about time they told us, because this kind of statement if true, does nothing to calm the people who actually saw the craft,

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Hey observe50, I guess time will tell, right, I just want to say I hope one of our great UFO mods does take the ball and roll with it, just think a first and on ATS then the world, what a feather in someones cap, it would be like winning a 100 mil lottery right the same kind of payoff with stardom, right, just in the event the future has something in store for us, hint, something going over the power plant, who knows.
I am no good at doing quick editing or finger typing, we need a good Mod for it but I dont know if it is ok for the rules of ATS but to think we have an ATS roving reported with a Mod boss, it should be good for the ratings.
Think about it but not to long ok, we need the blood transfusions and the feeling of the gathering, we are all connected. ok
gwhint

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I completely agree but you have to remember that this is the bible belt. To understand how religion works in towns like this you have to live in them. Everyone knows everyone, the night skies are clear, if one person saw it a bunch of people did. I'm just hoping these "religious individuals" are not telling us they saw this because tof their beliefs in some connection to the "end-times" as was so well noted in the article.

If fighter jets were chasing it, they would know that these were fighter jets. Especially if this object was traveling low and fast. If a fighter jet was chasing it, wouldn't it be pretty obvious what it was? They don't seem too sure. I'm not very confident this will turn into a fruitful venture for MUFON or anybody else.

I was in the waiting room at the doctor's office waiting to be seen when I saw this news story on CNN. Of coarse they laughed about it like it was some kind of bad joke, yet this was seen by so many people? How can our media expect to be respected if they pre-judge their own "non-biased" news stories. Pretty sad..

-ChriS

[edit on 15-1-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
West from Stephenville Texas toward midland. Radar from the morning of the sighting (supposedly).

Link

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

What a great post Digital_Reality,
Something screwed up the radar beams projected path and caused extreme clutter to the point they must have shut it down , they must have Sh** in their pants at seeing this in real time, not normal, we need to show our aussie weather man here on ATS and get his opinion, this is not a normal radar condition it is a glitch???? but what????
gwhint

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alanjw72
they said the FBI have told people not to worry as they know what is, well i think it's about time they told us, because this kind of statement if true, does nothing to calm the people who actually saw the craft,

I would like to see more on this FBI statement. Do you have a link or can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
DR : Maybe it's todays' weather scan?

I just wish we had known about this as soon as it happened. But, we've
got lots of leads and it is SOMETHING !

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks, It does look kinda weird. Does anyone know if this is a normal anomaly on a radar?

For reference I can not take credit for the radar image. I found it among a bunch of posts on a news site. I thought it was interesting so I brought it home to ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was dying over the "interstellar war" thing myself. That's hillarious. I live no where near Texas; however, I live in a remote town in Northwest, RI. For quite some time I saw a strange "phenomenon" in the sky at the way back of our property. Three lights that simultaneously formed a triangle.... went out and then came back on in the shape of a straight vertical line.... went out and then came back on in the shape of a horizontal line and then the two outer ones would shoot off to either side and the middle would go straight up and disappear.

I never mentioned it until my husband asked me if I had ever seen anything weird in the sky at night behind the property. He described the same thing I saw. It was actually bothering him I think... and he's a very rational stoic man. I mentioned it to a neighbor (at the risk of being deemed insane), but she said that she had seen it several times and once called the police because she thought that a helicopter had crashed or something. The cops blew it off to **military helicopter night maneuvers**. FYI - - - there's no air base anywhere near us for miles and miles. Hmmmm... original explanation on their part.

Just figured I'd let someone know that they don't always fly over farms or over the desert. We and our neighbors do have cows though....... food for thought I guess.

I could handle it if they were like the guys from that old show "Alien Nation"...... Little spotty heads. That'd be cool. Have to say, though, I'm not to keene on the bulbous eyed whities ... too creepy.

I do firmly believe, though, that we've all got to be pretty ignorant to believe that we are the only intelligent life anywhere in the universe.

burbsgal

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
yeah, making assumptions about the unknown based on previous witness testimony is not exactly the best coarse of action to take when you're looking for the accurate truth. But with the UFO phenomenon that is pretty much all there is unless there is photographic or video evidence to prove at least that the witness testimony is somewhat accurate.

If you remember, witnesses of the giant triangle that flew over phoenix, AZ a few years ago even made it on a TV special on national geographic. They tried to recreate, digitally, what was witnessed by each individual. Although the object was probably the same one seen by all the witnesses, each witness reported the craft having slightly different shape and characteristics. One of the police officers involved with a direct sighting actually took a polaroid of the object but it is pretty wobbly and not clear what is actually there other than some lights.
If this object in Texas was actually seen by all these people, then there should be at least some distinct consistencies within their descriptions. From those consistencies, a picture of what the object looked like will eventually emerge from the fold as it did with the AZ sighting. These people have obviously experienced something or they wouldn't be making such a ruccus. This has already been on CNN this morning and probably coast to coast and everywhere else probably later tonite.

I'm curious how fast this thing was actually going. If fighter jets were chasing it, then it wasn't traveling that fast (with relation to speed capabilities of an alien craft if they have the technology to reach our planet).. It was slow enough for people to be pretty sure that this was some kind of alien craft. Generally, people know what fighter jets look like and sound like too (they are unmistakably loud..Especially F-15's..).. Seems like not everybody saw these fighter aircraft.. The military would never fess up to chasing unknown radar signatures either. Chasing ghosts doesn't exactly make commanders look like they have their marbles together in the eyes of big brother. Nor would it be an efficient use of gov. resources.. Either we are being lied to by Texans involved with the sighting or we are being lied to by the gov..

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
burbsgal : I agree. There have been far too many incidents to believe
that the military "only conducts tests over uninhabited land".

If this thing is as big as some say it is, it'll be just a matter of time before
it's seen again. I think mistakes are begining to be made by those who
wish us to know nothing. From their mistakes, we'll learn.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

Originally posted by smans
Pictures and/or video or it didn't happen.
In this day and age why can't people whip out a camera and get aa 5 megapixel picture of these things?

(

Yes. If there aren't any pictures this case can be classified as 'maybe it happened, maybe it didn't", like countless and countless and countless and countless and countless of reports out there and will be forgotten in no time.

So, move on folks.... nothing to see here...

What a revelation!!!

That means all our history is likely a lie! No photos, or video!

Get a grip.

ZG

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is a great find. I'm busy right now, so I'll read the thread later. Quick question though: Why do we have dueling threads on this topic? One's got 26 flags, the other has 29 flags. Why don't the mods megre these threads?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
reply to post by gwhint

I would LOVE to go on a mission. I'm really into this kind of stuff. But you can count my husband out. He is a local redneck that doesn't believe anything unless he sees it with his own eyes.

I have a lot of free time so send me your missions and give me something to do. I have a digital camera so I can take pics and stuff. I also have a lot of family around here so I will get them to ask around too. Try to find some first hand info... There has got to be some college kids that saw it and took pics.

Find your local MUFON group or equivalent. Read up on how to do a report. Join and get the investigators manual. You will know how to get a good report from people and help. Otherwise you might be missing some valuable data needed.

Keep a cam or video with you. You could help that way too.

ZG

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

However, still don’t matter. Being in the “Bible Belt” means they should know that No Where in The Bible does it say, “UFO’s will usher in the End of Times” no where. This is just plain ignorance on their part.

UFO’s are out there. I have been a God fearing Christian woman now for over 30 years and I believe that God did make others besides us. Were just shallow and vain. They are out there. However, they are not coming in the clouds with the archangel and a trumpet. It’s totally two different things. People needs to understand that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Off of the subject a little bit, sorry guys, you know on the two sites running for this breaking news we have viewed about 10,000 times and about 200 posts, wow, I am new here on ATS so is this normal, I love it, living on the edge for ATS breaking news, better than CNN or Fox dont you think, at least we are chatting. The stats should be thru the roof tomorrow for todays actions, right.
Hey old time ATSers is this normal for ET sightings especially when CNN and Fox mention it, tell us, ok.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Hey Avenger, the first i heard of this story was on sky news UK, they had a little debate on this texas sighting, towards the end the main presenter said "the FBI have said they know what it is & not to worry" the other panellist replied " i bet they do " that got my attention, i've tried to find the clip to post but with no luck, i'll keep a check out to see if it appears on you tube,

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok, here is my two cents.

There is deinitley something up here. This UFO seems to have no desire to hide from any observers (Then again, how does a mile long craft hide?) It is being reported in all the major media outlets. It's only a matter of time before this thing is caught on camera. As for the F-15's, I can relate to that. In my only UFO sighting, I witnessed a disc shape object dart behind heavy clouds to avoid being spotted by a nearby F-15. I think the government does chase UFO's away from civilain areas sometimes.

I also agree with the poster who was apalled at the sarcasm of the media. After my local news station finsished reporting this story, the reporters literally cracked up
But they've got there priorities straight. Torturing Britney is much more important!

Anyway, keep an eye on this story. Hopefully we'll wake up tommorow to the top story of " Massive UFO caught on tape Overnight."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join