It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Skyfloating

What are the names of the books you have mentioned? I would certainly like to hear more about this.

He already said in page 4:

The Astonishing Power of Emotions
Ask and it is given
Bashar: Blueprint for a Change
Power vs. Force
Transcending the levels of Consciousness
Parallel Universes of Self
The Holographic Universe
Initiation into Hermetics
Journey of Souls
Destiny of Souls
The Nature of Personal Reality
Urban Shaman
Reality Shifts (this might only be available as an e-book, not sure).

Originally posted by tmk81

What you believe is just one point of view. Nothing else. And, by the way, you are coming from a problem frame.

Please don't believe too much on your own BS, as Robert Anton Wilson said.

Please read the entire thread and then you can post a reply with adult arguments.

What Sky and others are promoting is basicaly the control of our own lives and freedom. This is solution frame. And this is very rare in conspiracy forums.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Go to page 4.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
David Icke: Beyond the Cutting Edge - 3 of 3

video.google.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Change the Past by Altering your Perception of it

You can literally change the past by altering your perception of it. The past has no effect except by its influence on the present. By changing the past that exists in your consciousness, you alter its connection to the present reality. Time does not exist, it is an illusion, so by “going back” in what we call “time” and changing your thoughts, you will influence what you are experiencing in the Now. Your present reality is literally influenced by your thoughts of the past.

We can change our past by altering our memory of it. When we change the way we think about what happened, we tap into an alternate past timeline where the way we imagine it to be really did happen that way. The alternate past timeline leads to certain things that would have happened in our alternate present reality. Therefore this reality manipulation with consciousness would result in synchronicities occurring in the present or near future of our actual timeline, as it merges with an alternate one.

By changing the way you perceive the past, you will also change the way others perceive the past. Your change in consciousness will also result in a change in their consciousness. Your merger of an alternate reality will cause a merger in their reality. Something may have happened in the past which you perceived in a negative way. But if you choose now to perceive what happened in a positive way or to perceive what’s positive in it, other people’s perception of it will also be changed in the present.

Changing perception of the past is literally changing the past itself, together with the memory of it. Reality is held by awareness. One thing in memory is associated with another. When you change your perception of something about the past, you will change everything else that is associated with it that everyone is unaware of. Those things that people are unaware of are open for temporal alteration. Any kind of medium that records the past will also reflect a change in its recording.

I thought It was just NLP Time-Line Therapy, but the text says that changing the past will change what others perceive of us too, thus CHANGING OBJECTIVE REALITY!

What exercises do you recommend for it?

The one I know, that Tad James recommends is something like: I imagine a time-line and visualize my ideal self living in the 'past' too.

I read you recommend writing in the presente tense from a past perspective, is that right?

[edit on 5-1-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

Hmm, that is interesting... it occurs to me that our impressions of the past are, in fact, the fundamental structural components that form our 'egos'. We use those perceptions, and the constancy we give them, to establish ourselves as individuals. They make who we are, as separate people.

So, perhaps to 'recast' the past, is to get past what the ego insists is 'true' - how we have built ourselves, on what we say 'was'. The wisdom of humility, and freedom through transcendence of the individual ego, make much more sense, as an enabling factor such world-change and expanded self-definition.

Edit to add an amusing definion: "To become as a child": the constant state of realizing that what you were was naive and stupid, without shame or remorse.

[edit on 5 Jan 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What is synchronicity? Is it affirmation? Is it directive? Just coincidence? What should our response to it be?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by soma_pills

In your specific case I would check out "releasing" before checking out "creating". An example of what releasing is: www.sedona.com

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
What is synchronicity? Is it affirmation? Is it directive? Just coincidence? What should our response to it be?

An indicator of flow, with which nothing specific need be done (imo).

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

As far as Im concerned, only the here and now is real. So there is no past other than what we choose to bring up in our memory here and now. For beginners this involves choosing what to remember and what not (filtering). For advanced practitioners it involves...well...you`ll figure it out yourself...if I mention it here, I`ll be burned at stake

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

For advanced practitioners it involves...well...you`ll figure it out yourself...if I mention it here, I`ll be burned at stake

I wish you'd tell us so we have something interesting to look foward to.
I doubt you'd be flamed in this thread...it seems to repel the [pseudo]skeptics.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You seem to me like an idiot who speaks to hear the sound of your own voice. Kind of like Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by skrowcam
You seem to me like an idiot who speaks to hear the sound of your own voice. Kind of like Rush Limbaugh.

Thank you for the kind words

sc: Those practitioners believe that the past itself can be changed.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wow someone must be bored today.

Anyway, do you think that if the past can be changed that things like precognitive dreams are sort of like reaching back from the future?

Or would you say it's more concrete changes, like what happened to your car?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

Anyway, do you think that if the past can be changed that things like precognitive dreams are sort of like reaching back from the future?

Possibly. I can imagine any variation...

My Future Self Talking to my Present Self.
My Future Self Talking to my Past Self.
My Past Self Talking to my Future Self.
My Present Self Talking to my Past Self (ever talk to the teenage version of yourself, telling her "Its gonna be alright"?)

My Present Self telling my past self to talk to an even more past self and to tell that past self to talk to an even more future self than me...

I mostly see Pre-Cog dreams as fun perceptions of probable timelines.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

In your specific case I would check out "releasing" before checking out "creating". An example of what releasing is: www.sedona.com

Thank you. Just downloaded an e-book on the method. I have been using EFT for a little while and this looks like it will compliment that work nicely. Greatly appreciate your input.

If I may ask one additional question...regarding 'my specific case', this phrase has me wondering if working on releasing first is important for health issues in general or if you were picking up on specific language I used in my post? Just curious as it might be useful to others if the recommendation could be generalized to 'health issues' and not just 'me'.

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Its something that spontaneously came to mind when talking to you (Intuition I guess). But in thinking about it, it seems to make sense because health issues are mostly related to emotional resistance...which is better handled by releasing than creating.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Its something that spontaneously came to mind when talking to you (Intuition I guess). But in thinking about it, it seems to make sense because health issues are mostly related to emotional resistance...which is better handled by releasing than creating.

That was the path I had been going down already (Emotional Freedom Technique in particular) so that is nice to hear. Thanks for the clarification. I am really enjoying catching up on this thread...tons of great information and wisdom.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My friends,

What an amazing thread! I have just spent the last couple of evenings reading every post. The positivity emanating from this thread is heartwarming and I can tell you from my own personal perspective, it is contagious. Thank you to each and every person who has posted their wisdom, experiences and questions here. You have provided readers such as myself with valuable theory and practical examples of LOA in action. Practical application of the lessons you have provided us with will be lifechanging. Five thumbs up -

Looking back on choices, decisions, thoughts and actions I have made in the past, I can clearly see with 20/20 hindsight that as promised, I have been getting back exactly what I have been putting out. In many cases this has resulted in negativity, but there have been odd moments of joyous creation which I can now clearly attribute to unconscious use of the LOA. I am sure that every single one of us could identify similar things in their own lives. Working on conscious positive creation is my next step, using any negativity as a guide to what doesn't work rather than as a catalyst in itself as I have been prone to do.

Skyfloating - I am intrigued by your comments about some LOA practitioners working to change the past. You have hinted at it several times in the course of this discussion.

As far as I can see, changing the future is easy. Everyone from a young James Cameron's Terminator 2 scriptwriting to Neal Donald Walsch's CWG series of books has shown the way.

The present is a bit trickier, between one breath and the next the present becomes the past. I consider the present to be what I call the "space of creation" my newfound conscious knowledge of the LOA confirms this.

I think I understand how changing the past may be accomplished - giving positive attention to various "negative" issues from your past would change one's perception of those issues and thus help cancel out any emotional damage or turmoil which resulted from those times. That makes perfect sense to me, but the idea that things which happened in the past (such as a large dent in the body of a vehicle
) and are "locked in" to the time line so to speak, can be literally changed is "baking my noodle".

Are you able to elaborate on the theory behind this phenomenon? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's intrigued.

Peace out.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by traveller

The idea of "changing the past" is a bit too much for the scope of this thread and also a bit too much for our current society.

It comes about when New-Agers explore the "Many Worlds Model" by the physics pioneer John Wheeler. If one enters a Parallel Universe, not only does the Future change, but also the past...the entire timeline.

Mystics/Shamans have been saying this all along btw. Thats why they keep saying "There is only the here and now, from which all time is created".

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Matthew 15 - New American Standard Bible

32 And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, “I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way.” 33 The disciples said to Him, “Where would we get so many loaves in this desolate place to satisfy such a large crowd?” 34 And Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?” And they said, “Seven, and a few small fish.” 35 And He directed the people to sit down on the ground; 36 and He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, He broke them and started giving them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 37 And they all ate and were satisfied, and they picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, seven large baskets full. 38 And those who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children.
39 And sending away the crowds, Jesus got into the boat and came to the region of Magadan.

1) Gave thanks
2) Brake them
3) Gave to other people

Hum...

June 26, 2006
Buffett, 75, the CEO of the Omaha, Neb.-based company Berkshire Hathaway, is worth $44 billion, according to Fortune magazine.

Fortune reports that Buffett will donate 85 percent of his fortune amassed from stock in the Berkshire Hathaway company to five foundations.

The donations, which will come from Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway shares, would amount to about $37 billion, based on current values.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

I don't think Buffett did it just for media exposition.

And It was more than a tenth.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by infobrazil]

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join