It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
MPO and LERM was also discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as I know, no one has attempted it as yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Curious: what is it about writing an intention down that makes it more potent?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

You concentrate more on it when you write it.

Btw..

This might be interesting to you guys. A guy posted on another forum on how to reprogram your subconscious mind.

www.xtrememind.com...

I've been doing it a little different than what he states there though. Instead of just one sentence on and on playing in my head while I sleep, I have groups of several suggestions. Be careful with what I have done though, if you do it. Because it can be tiring for the mind, which in turns exhausts the body.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Another weird part is that in my dream I heard the suggestions. I heard my own voice. I was at a club dancing with a friend of mine, when the music stopped. And my voice was clearly heard through the speakers. I was confused and couldn't figure out why that happened, because (in my dream) I remembered clearly taking fm transmitter off of my ipod. And besides that, the transmitter can't work at such distances either.

When I woke up, it became obvious why I was hearing it...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great suggestion fyi. I picked up The Nature of Personal Reality and The Seth Material. They resonate with me just fine. Not sure what the hang up was with Abraham-Hicks for me...will come back to them at some point.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
Curious: what is it about writing an intention down that makes it more potent?

Thoughts change and waver constantly. What you write down does not.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't believe any of this.

Simply because I've been a very positive person my entire life, just to get slapped in the face by the dumbest things. I've had a positive outlook without greed interfering, and most of the time. Nothing works as planned, I simply have bad luck.

It can't be true, I've been through it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

fair enough

I hope it does not turn into some religion or cult where its frowned on if someone says "this stuff does not work for me".

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I've been reading this thread since i found it (1 week or so) and tried some written intentions because the written word is something i value.

All of them were medium-term intentions, however, i also wrote an immediate one. I wanted money, i didn't care how much and how, because as a student every cent is welcome.

Then, last thursday i checked my bank account and i had money in it. I quickly realized it was my weekly allowance, however, it was double the amount as usual and my father didn't even told me he was going to give me that.

Now my question is: LOA or causality? Because i really don't know.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

When you intend something in a playful but decisive manner, it does come to pass in one way or another.

For beginners in this it always works the best because beginners dont have all this baggage of expectation and strategy built around it.

Good job

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is the video that I think Ilahee mentioned in the beginning:

The Secret - Bob Proctor on Universal Laws
www.youtube.com...
keywords: vibration, energy, image in mind, hold the image of what you want (concentration)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I wonder if I write my intentions bigger and profound on the paper I'll have a bigger effect on my reality creation or the fastest way is just soft writing.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil
I wonder if I write my intentions bigger and profound on the paper I'll have a bigger effect on my reality creation or the fastest way is just soft writing.

Thats for you to determine. If you want to be into creativism one of the first things you can do is decide stuff like this in your own inventive mind. And it will work accordingly.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks. Since I believe everything counts I'm using all I know, easily and effortlessly, in order to allow myself to grow.

Today - after about 50 days of concious reality creation - I experienced a little bit of chaos. My old reality tried to come back. I woke up with millions of thoughts on my mind (as opposed to the last days, where I was focused, calm, relaxed).

Last weeks I'm seeing more and more the 11:11 on clocks on my palmtop, my cellphone, even on my microwave! Today my computer system stopt right at 11:11.

I don't know if It's a coincidence, a normal thing (since I've read about 11:11 before It started happening on real life), a message from my higher self or a spirit joking around, but I'll consider It a message that I'm in the right path.

PS.: For those that not applied LOA yet... If you read that topic, don't just lurk around. You don't need to post, but at least improve your life. That stuff works and It'll blow your mind in a good way.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hey there guys.. I've recently read three really good books which also help with the law of attraction. Two are free, one has a free sample chapters.

First:

How to be Happy
www.howtobehappy.org...

It does what the title says. It teaches you how to be genuinely happy.

The Jackrabbit Factor
www.jackrabbitfactor.com...

This is a really great book which explains the manifestations process and the reasons why most people fail at it. It does it using a fictional story/allegory.

The Emotion Code

(the 5 sample chapters: try out the heart-wall technique using a magnet and see how much better you will feel in the weeks after) You can use this technique to clear all the trapped negative emotions in your being, leaving you a much happier and more positive person.

www.scribd.com...

The actual book can be bought here in it's e-book version,

www.theemotioncode.com...

And here in it's paperback version.
www.theemotioncode.com...

I will also post this in a new thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thank you TheBandit ---- the book from howtobehappy.org is exactly what I needed today...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Glad to be of help, Tadarida...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This thread is absolutely fascinating. I have never heard of this kind of info before. I have one main obsession in my life, and that is, to live in my own house, and never see the inside of an apartment again. For a very long time, everyday, I fantasy about the spaciousness of my house. The large bathroom and kitchen, the more than 5 acres, which is my yard, and the peace and quiet of no obnoxious people living on top of me. So as you see, I have been doing what you write about, on my own. But what am I doing wrong, that it never manifests? What --one-- peice of material should I read. There is a --lot-- of reference in this thread. It's dizzying to me. I'm not interested in spiritual development, occult knowledge, etcetera, etcetera, just obtaining that quiet house. FIRST. ( Cuz I'm --desperate-- for a life like that). So --- Where should I start? MUCH THANKS.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

So as you see, I have been doing what you write about, on my own. But what am I doing wrong, that it never manifests? What --one-- peice of material should I read. There is a --lot-- of reference in this thread. It's dizzying to me. I'm not interested in spiritual development, occult knowledge, etcetera, etcetera, just obtaining that quiet house. FIRST. ( Cuz I'm --desperate-- for a life like that). So --- Where should I start? MUCH THANKS.

A star for your post, which rips the figleaf of assertion from the pudenda of unsubstantiated assertion to reveal the foil-wrapped cucumber of wishful thinking hidden beneath. There is, of course no 'law of attraction' and you will never own that house just by wishing for it.

I hope you get your wish, though.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

Hi Simone,

It sounds like you may have some unconscious beliefs that are not allowing you to get the house. Unconsciously you may be sabotaging yourself. You may have to clear those first. The emotion code is really good in doing that. You will feel different concerning your goal. Just try the sample chapters first, and if you like it, purchase the book. Or try EFT. But it's important that you have to get your subconscious mind humming the same tune as you consciously are, or else it will not work.

Also write down all ideas and hunches that come to mind, decide which one to take action on and do it. If all is well (subconsciously) the action will bring you closer to your goal.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join