It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Isispriest

Welcome to ATS. Excellent entry

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntax123
More:
If I raised a child to believe that he was incredibly strong, and that he could hurl a bus, would he be able to do it?

Quite possibly. But you might be able to do that too. Most people are only willing to do stuff like this in a state of emergency.

But again, working on others ability - in this case maybe involving putting children into some camp - is stretching the boundaries of integrity (acting as an integral, respectful human being). Creating Reality always starts with oneself. Humans tendency to work on others before they work on themselves is the root cause of every problem we have ever had, in my opinion.

Of course you re right that "starting early" (in school education) is beneficial.

Some schools do offer "visualization exercises" nowdays...believe it or not.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Quite possibly. But you might be able to do that too. Most people are only willing to do stuff like this in a state of emergency.

Yeah, I know about lifting heavy objects, but I'm talking about throwing a bus.

But again, working on others ability - in this case maybe involving putting children into some camp - is stretching the boundaries of integrity (acting as an integral, respectful human being). Creating Reality always starts with oneself. Humans tendency to work on others before they work on themselves is the root cause of every problem we have ever had, in my opinion.

Are the boundaries of integral not subjective? Are you implying that their is a set moral guideline?

Also, do intentions affect whether or not the law of attraction works? IE, someone attracting sometihng out of greed vs someone attracting something for spiritual advancement. Is there anything inherently bad about attracting something out of materialistic want (once again, isn't one's ideology subjective?).

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Syntax123

Not morals but integrity. There´s a difference. Integrity in the sense of "what you put out into the world, you get back".

Example: If you manipulate someone you foster the belief that manipulation is possible...thereby opening yourself up to being manipulated yourself.

Yes...intentions effect LOA. In fact...your true intentions are what determines what you manifest. Bad Intentions - Bad Response.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Also, do intentions affect whether or not the law of attraction works? IE, someone attracting something out of greed vs someone attracting something for spiritual advancement.
[edit on 31-10-2008 by Syntax123]

Definately, one's motives have a lot to do with how the LOA works. But not because of some human moral constructs or ethical rules.

As I am beginning to understand, the fulcrum that launches the formulated intention into the creative void is the emotion, passion, enthusiasm that one musters about the imagined result. If the wish has originated in the personality or ego there is only so much emotional energy that is available. So, a wish for the bling and babes or an arbitrary test of the LOA, in most people, will not have enough oomph behind it to get launched into the channel of divine manifestation.

The motivation for the wish may be altruistic and truely in sync with a higher purpose. Then the ego steps aside or becomes transperant and channels a divine or collective inspiration. This is when there will readily be ample emotional energy available to intend the wish or focus into the astral puddle of goo where it may take more sustantial form and slide down the shute of manifestation into time and space.

It comes back to "Not my will, but Thy Will de done". The ego based desire is persued by the little will and the personality. It is when we are able to align or atune our little will with the Divine Will that the LOA works, not because of some ethical rules, but because that is were the Power is.

link   
ops darn

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Isispriest]

link   
[oops

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Isispriest]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Further:

To reinterpret Mr. Crowley, "Do what thou willst, is the whole of the Law. Love under Will." We can do what we will, only when Love is the foundation and basis of that will and our desires are therefore in line with the Divine Will.
And he also gives us another part of the formula, " Be free from the Lust of Result".

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Isispriest

Welcome to ATS. Excellent entry
I agree,
it was an excellent post. And Welcome to ATS from me too!

It is scary to find out there is much responsibility involved with the LoA. I was never that indecisive growing up, impulsive really. Now I take much more time looking at my "desires". But things still happen while youre waiting. Now I am trying to "feel" them, as opposed to "thinking" them.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Not morals but integrity. There´s a difference. Integrity in the sense of "what you put out into the world, you get back".

Example: If you manipulate someone you foster the belief that manipulation is possible...thereby opening yourself up to being manipulated yourself.

Yes...intentions effect LOA. In fact...your true intentions are what determines what you manifest. Bad Intentions - Bad Response.

If most people already believe that manipulation exists, then have they not already made themselves vulnerable to manipulation? What about people who are being manipulated and do not notice it?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

If most people already believe that manipulation exists, then have they not already made themselves vulnerable to manipulation? What about people who are being manipulated and do not notice it?

Who they have, they have. If you´re a member of the mafia who bestows fear of death into others...you can be sure that you will always have to be fearing for your life yourself. (For example).

What you put out is what you get back (according to LOA).

What about people who are being manipulated without noticing it? Well...if theyd notice it, they couldnt be manipulated anymore..."not noticing" is an important part of making manipulation work.

Wouldnt you think so?

By all means...if you have other answers, go ahead and share them.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Who they have, they have. If you´re a member of the mafia who bestows fear of death into others...you can be sure that you will always have to be fearing for your life yourself. (For example).

What you put out is what you get back (according to LOA).

So, you have to actually perform the act to be vulnerable to it? Does knowing it exists make you vulnerable as well?

What about people who are being manipulated without noticing it? Well...if theyd notice it, they couldnt be manipulated anymore..."not noticing" is an important part of making manipulation work.

Wouldnt you think so?

What I mean is, there are people who are manipulated, but they have not manipulated others nor do they understand the concept of manipulation (kids, for example).

By all means...if you have other answers, go ahead and share them.

I'd share them if I had them. I do have another question, though.

You said that intentions are significant when it comes to the law of attraction. Well, doesn't just about every desire boil down to greed and personal gain?

If someone wants a promotion, it's typically for a pay increase and an increase in power. If you have an average job, you don't need an extra pay increase. Someone would want the pay increase to increase their standard of living, becuase all of their needs are already met.

If someone wants to help others, are they not seeking the feeling of happiness that comes aftewards? Why would anyone help others if it made them feel bad?

Aren't these bad intentions?

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Well, doesn't just about every desire boil down to greed and personal gain?

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Syntax123]

Not the expert on The Secret, but it does seem to be a diluted magical formula.

No, not every desire is about greed and self aggrandizement. In Ceremonial Magic, White Magic is about improving the self or self development. The White Magician may only do magical work to achieve the "knowledge of, and conversation with one's Holy Guardian Angel". Once this is achieved, one would know why one chose this incarnation, one's purpose in life, and have access to increased wisdom and creative energy.

To do magic for material things is considered black magic. Even magic for healing others is kinda gray, because you may be interfering with another's karma.

Does the LOA work for greedy ends? I duno. But, I suggest that it works best for the altruistic ends of self improvement. Can't go wrong using the LOA to be a more spiritual, loving, honest, creative, self disciplined, patient human. This is how one improves Life.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Isispriest]

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Isispriest]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

First to address your question if desire comes down to greed and personal gain (the other questions later):

Does your desire to find a loved one or find a purpose in life, or find a meaningful profession, or live not only on a bare survival-basis but be fed and alright, or your desire to have a good time with friends, or to see other countries or to learn a language or to paint a picture - come down to greed and personal gain?

No. Desire to grow is a natural drive of the soul...human nature. The false-doctrine we have been taught is that we can only succeed at the expense of others. This is what is causing the problems. In learning LOA you begin to realize that you can succeed without harming others...and that others can succeed too...and in fact, that your improved state has a positive effect on the people in your surroundings.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

As to your other questions: In the most generalized terms, you get back what you put out. Rather than intellectualizing this and looking for loopholes or excuses or examples where this is not immediately apparant, simply pay attention to what you put out. What you put out means: The energy you emanate, what you say, do, think, feel, write. Putting out appreciation instead of fear, you can expect something better to "happen" to you.

Lets say for example, you make a list of things you appreciate, every morning, after waking up and you do this for a week.

In the weeks thereafter, you will experience, see, meet significantly different things than if you were to think about your fears every morning.

LOA is more of a practice and less of an intellectualization of something.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies, that clears things up.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
More:

Skyfloating, you said that no one can attract death upon you unless you allow it. How would someone allow death to be attracted via someone else's intentions. Also, you said that if someone tried to attract success onto others, they weaken them. Does the person who would be weakened have to allow this weakening as well, and how would they allow it if so?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If we first look at LOA in more broad and general terms you might be able to answer all these specific detail-questions yourself.

The practioner of this stuff sees life as " game of attention". Where the most attention goes, that is what is attracted into ones experience. Not specifically though, only generally. That means you might be thinking of an evil monster for weeks but not attract that monster but some criminal into your life. "Like attracts like".

Look at life as this game of attention (energy) for awhile and you´ll begin to understand a lot of things.

Lets take the presidential elections as an example of this energy-game. In some thread a few months ago I said "Obama will be President, no doubt". Why did I say that? Because Obama was getting all the positive and negative attention. In energetic terms both a "yes" and a "no" generate attention.

If you can see energy, you can generally predict the way things will play out.

Now, the questions you have been asking indicate that your attention has been preoccupied/fascinated with the subjects of death and manipulation.
If we were in LOA-Session, I would have to ask you: Is that where you want your attention to be? If so, thats fine. But dont ponder on it for too long...otherwise you will attract certain "answers", whether you like it or not.

Concerning the question you answered: Each person has so many factors running for him that its almost impossible to discern the cause of his experiences from an outside vantage point. It would be much easier for us to answer your questions if they directly relate to you.

The experiences of "Person X": There are millions of different cause-effect and energetic events taking place and there is no way of saying what exactly will happen to him and why. But we CAN ascertain that keeping with integrity, honesty, appreciation, love and joy, will protect him from any sort of serious harm.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If we first look at LOA in more broad and general terms you might be able to answer all these specific detail-questions yourself.

The practioner of this stuff sees life as " game of attention". Where the most attention goes, that is what is attracted into ones experience. Not specifically though, only generally. That means you might be thinking of an evil monster for weeks but not attract that monster but some criminal into your life. "Like attracts like".

Look at life as this game of attention (energy) for awhile and you´ll begin to understand a lot of things.

Lets take the presidential elections as an example of this energy-game. In some thread a few months ago I said "Obama will be President, no doubt". Why did I say that? Because Obama was getting all the positive and negative attention. In energetic terms both a "yes" and a "no" generate attention.

If you can see energy, you can generally predict the way things will play out.

Now, the questions you have been asking indicate that your attention has been preoccupied/fascinated with the subjects of death and manipulation.
If we were in LOA-Session, I would have to ask you: Is that where you want your attention to be? If so, thats fine. But dont ponder on it for too long...otherwise you will attract certain "answers", whether you like it or not.

Concerning the question you answered: Each person has so many factors running for him that its almost impossible to discern the cause of his experiences from an outside vantage point. It would be much easier for us to answer your questions if they directly relate to you.

The experiences of "Person X": There are millions of different cause-effect and energetic events taking place and there is no way of saying what exactly will happen to him and why. But we CAN ascertain that keeping with integrity, honesty, appreciation, love and joy, will protect him from any sort of serious harm.

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense. I apologize if I am irritating you.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Syntax123]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

No, not at all. But in LOA, where every thought counts, even the way one chooses and phrases questions and statements, counts.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join