It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BIBLE Truth Absolute?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
nope, sorry, it's self-contradictory. it cannot be the absolute truth.. unless you're going to say that Orwellian double think is legit

sure, the bible has some truth in it, i'll give you that
but it's far from absolute truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

is bible truth absolute---yes!--but only the origional hebrew and greek--the so called translaters and scholars have also inserted their own perculiar biases in a few places--anytime you read something that seems odd start checking it out by use of biblical commentaries.dr. bullingers companion bible has to my limited understanding nailed down all? the falsehoods that have been maliciously or mistakenly inserted by "do gooders"?trust no man--prove everything--or you'll be sorry you didnt eventually.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry to tell you all, the bible is NOT absolute truth. It depends heavly upon personal perspective and intrupetation.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket as the saying goes.

Don't be so afraid to seek the truth out for yourself, for by doing so you show you don't trust God.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

In another post you state that you are the Archangel Michael.......
In another you claim to also be the Resurrected Christ....what nonesense!

Are you seeking the Glory of people?
post by Incarnated

And......

So in theatrical classic "me" form, yes I am both the archangel Michael and the long awated retrun of "the son of man" however if we want to examin this issue in dept at least let me start my own thread about it so I will get the points.

Take care,

helen

Michael the Archangel and the long awaited return of the son of man?????

That is some heavy stuff, indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Michael the Archangel and the long awaited return of the son of man?????

That is some heavy stuff, indeed.

Words and Meaning are percieved within people who are unsure of the nature of the communication.

Such terms as "Archangel" and "Christ" are understood by a group of the public as one thing while others perceive a diffrent meaning.

What is the "truth"? The "Truth" is just another term with meanings associated to it by the perceptor of the term.

The breakdown in "communication" is due in part to the lack of connection to the real "power" of understanding. This is the plight of mankind.

Do anyone of you truly believe you understand that which I am saying? Or are you willing to understand the terms and meanings I have used have been lost between my statement and your understanding?

Only, and ONLY, within the "spirit of truth" (holy spirit) understanding of expression and acceptance can my truest meanings be exposed to your understanding of what it is I'm saying.

I will give you an example:

This guy is not me. However I knew a guy. He truly recieved the "holy spirit". In communication and expression the guy kept walking about saying "I am Jesus Christ". The guy that spoke those word realized fully he was not the man that is known as "Jesus Christ", he was fully in understanding that he was not that person. So he didn't understand why he kept speaking such things...

I explained to that man that the term "Jesus" equates to "The one that comes in truth" and that the term "Christ" equates to "God's chosen elect"

So you see, the man, through the spirit could actually say "I am Jesus Christ" without speaking blasphomy as it was the spirit of truth that expressed through that man what the spirit indwelling means.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

I truly believe anyone that reads my words and has comprhensive skills can see I'm not babbling or confused. So it, i feel, can be clearly understood I am to no more degree then the most "normal stable sane" person "crazy".

Thusly: my word are...

True.
False.
Other.

Really, the other is a wide representation of personal perspective. I might be a well intending, well read, and with high understanding, person trying to move the project of the "understanding of God" foward through theatrical representation.

Some percieve me as well read and smart person with ill entent of misleading.

Some percieve me as a "false profit"

Some percieve me as such.
Some percieve me as this.
Some percieve me as that.

Thus far, none have percieved me in truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sorry to break the group hug up guys.

Is the bible 100% truth.

no.

Its a collection of stories and BS , the whole Christian religion is stolen from older cultures and adapted to suite the needs of the society.

Religion is a tool to control people who don't know any better.
Give the people the facilities to research the origins of there belief system and you quickly see that belief system fail.

At best you people worship a wise man who tried to install good values and love in the people around him , at worst you worship the sun. i tend to believe the latter

If i could remove all religion in an instance i would.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
All I know for sure is that the Urantia Book is 100 percent truthful and consistent, without asking anyone to fork over a lot of money or kill somebody because they don't believe in it.

Oh, wait a minute. I'm thinking of something else.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

I'll agree there is a degree, rather high, of the BS.

However to assume the "BS" is there to "Control Others" is paranoiad and a misunderstanding of the truthful reason the "BS" was put in there.

The reason the BS is put into the bible sheets. ("bible sheets" BS) (lol)

is that mankind's mind tends to fill in the "holes" with what ever, and that tends to be alot of BS.

It's the same BS you filled in the hole of the misunderstanding of the BS in the bible with BS of "consparicies of control".

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The bible says Jesus was the son of man. What is man? In Genisis God creats male and female and calls them man not male and female. Therefore Jesus' body was created like all of ours, yet they say he wasn't.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
So, we should alter or dismiss the Bible due to the opinion of man which has proven to be faulty time and time again? No thank you.

The bible as we see it today was compiled into one canonical book based on the opinion of a bunch of men, and hence proven faulty. By your own logic we should dismiss the Bible.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by TheStev]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
The bible as we see it today was compiled into one canonical book based on the opinion of a bunch of men, and hence proven faulty. By your own logic we should dismiss the Bible.

And many do dismiss it because they think it was written or rewritten by men at the councils. Yes, I do believe some councils made some poor choices (like with the apocrypha). But research the canonization process. I already went over it in detail on another thread and am not too excited about explaining it again.

Also, look at the first paragraph in my previous comment you quoted. By your logic we could also say toss out the Bible completely because it was penned by men. The canonization process did not consist of men arbitrarily choosing what books should be accepted. It was a rigorous process. And that's all I'm going to say about it. It all comes down to what you choose and I'm not about to force my choice on anyone else.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I cannot understand why people put faith in the leaders of 1700 yrs ago. The fact that you view these forums shows that you dont have much faith in the leaders of today, but you are willing to devote your entire belief system on Roman (pagan) leaders that you never seen in person or heard speak. I suppose "faith" overides any sort of common sense or reason.

I hope one day I could wear a blindfold and live a peacefull existance knowing that someone else is going to take care of me for eterinity, no matter what I do, who I hurt, what I think, as long as I "accept Jesus Christ as my savior" before I kick the bucket.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by wrathchild]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
What percentage of "Truth" do you perceive the bible to be???

It all depends of how much faith you put on the bible writings and interpretations by third party scholars or religious leaders.

Yes the bible holds a powerful array of historical information that has prove to be many times truth.

But when it comes to the way myths are used along with the historical facts is up to you to thin out the fantasy from the fact.

In the end personally I find the bible historical references very useful but when it comes to the fables and myth is fascinating because it shows the active imagination of the people that walk the earth during that time.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I believe it absolute ,and as a former commander 50/50 is the same as 0% so you either believe or not its that simple! Greg Rinchich former Lt. Colonel USA

[edit on 11-1-2008 by greg _rinchich]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Incarnated:
People like you [snip] just want proof of every single damn thing. Don't even try to use bible verses if you don't even understand the bible and question it. Tell me, why is it so hard for people to believe in God?! Why don't people want to be accountable to there creater. Do you actually believe this world and universe we live in came from the nothing (bigbang)?!
The bible is THE WORD OF GOD. I just don't understand why people are so ignorant and *%^&*#$#$!
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

Moderator note: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 11-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
IMHO Similes and metaphors used by God to appeal to an agrarian population in this supreme book of ethics. The concept of Evil is personified in the metaphorical arch terrorist figure Satan who has apparent power to mislead humans - yet all I see is a vast population of evil PEOPLE who collectively can be called Satan. Hell and Heaven are a state of mind - not actual places. Why would a kind and loving God confine people to a huge Fire when their state of mind naturally puts them in a Hell-like state when they are still alive? Similarly, people who are spiritualy elevated are alreaduy in a Heaven-like state.

Bottom line forget looking for facts and follow metaphor, simile and allegory as well as the parables. God prefers reason - not passion.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yessy

Well until you can actually prove the existence of a bible god without using bible quotes then you may have a case.

But right now the creator or bible God is nothing but a myth only found in the writing of the bible and in the writing of any civilization none of the middle east that are monotheistic as in the believe of one deity.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Would the idea of God's Christ change so much if the vergin birth was a lie?

Wouldn't it be better of the 12men didn't obsess so much on "Jesus" and focused on his teachings?

The Bible is filled with mythological lies to be used as passiphiers for the lame and retarded mental giants.

Would the story be less powerful if it was more truthful?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Yessy

But right now the creator or bible God is nothing but a myth only found in the writing of the bible and in the writing of any civilization none of the middle east that are monotheistic as in the believe of one deity.

No, I know of others, besides myself, that actually hear or "are in touch with" the consciousness of the "all" creator God. Most of us don't respect christians or their "bible".

Don't take me wrong. I am not saying I disrespect the bible, it is just that it is littered with falsehoods. But, by falsehoods I'm talking not absolute truths rather then delebrate misleadings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join