It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN story says Ron Paul is racist, homophobic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

CNN says Ron Paul is racist, homophobic

www.cnn.com

series of newsletters in the name of GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul contain several racist remarks -- including one that says order was restored to Los Angeles after the 1992 riots when blacks went "to pick up their welfare checks."
CNN recently obtained the newsletters -- written in the 1990s and one from the late 1980s -- after a report was published about their existence in The New Republic.

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

Paul told CNN's "The Situation Room" Thursday that he didn't write any of the offensive articles and has "no idea" who did.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-1-2008 by XFoxMulderX]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You have to read the whole article to understand the severity of these accusations. I am not a Paul supporter, but even I cannot believe these accusations. Some of his views are a little extreme, but from what I can tell he is not a hate mongerer. I know this is going to piss a lot of ATSers off, but I just thought I'd let you know. Let the discussion begin.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
the statements are complete contradiction to what he stands for and for what the constitution stands for.. which is why i believe it is an intentional smear campaign by an unknown group...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is why people with messy closets can never run for president. This stuff is like 18 years old so the only way it is a conspiracy is if someone knew 18 years ago he would run for president. He should have pulled his name from that rag, it had decades worth of hate in its pages. Guess Ron Paul will have to concede now, there is no coming back from this in a general election.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is the original topic not the other one. Why are so many threads on the same subject going on?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
which is why i believe it is an intentional smear campaign by an unknown group...

Hmmm, keeps a donation from a nazi
This kind of stuff keeps popping up. As our Governator said "Where there is smoke there is fire"

Im wondering how far the Ron Paul army is will to keep the blinders on here? Each passing day there seems to be more and more stuff like this comming to light. You can only goto the smear excuse so many times eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes, the following here have created their own conspiracy of denial and coverup concerning the truth of Ron Paul..... with a touch of voter fraud smokescreening. Very ironic indeed.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I was in LA in '92, and I saw the news story on the quiet orderly lines at the welfare office on May 1st. It wasn't all blacks either. It was all races and genders of people in financial need. There is no way of telling if the people in those lines had just come from looting and torching the city.

If Mr. Paul says he didn't write the story or have anything to do with it, then I am more inclined to believe him than most of the other candidates. The same goes for most of the MSM outlets, too.

I am registered as a Democrat, and I can tell you one thing for sure, I won't be voting for Hillary, and I have some real doubts about Obama. Edwards is out of the question.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
They covered it on TV and gave him a chance to respond:

Ron Paul's Shocking Statements On CNN (Pt.1of2)1-10-08

Ron Paul's Shocking Statements On CNN (PT.2) 1-10-08

I’m glad Wolf Blitzer gave him a chance to respond, this is really getting old and so obviously against what he talks about, writes about and votes about to anyone who does their research.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It does look bad to have statements like that go out under the banner of his name, in his newsletter. He is responsible, and he shouldn't try to blame editors and unknown writers and transitions and his Dr.'s practice and speaking engagements keeping him too busy to read his own newsletter. He should take responsibility and make amends with his actions.

I'm watching the clip now, and he seems pretty genuine in his repudiation, and his argument about being a target for this because he is drawing lots of support from blacks with his opposition to the WOT and the WOD has some credibility to it.

You can be sure the global fascist elite cabal and their puppet msm don't want him up in the mix.

I'm going to have to wait and see how this all pans out.

apc

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Each passing day there seems to be more and more stuff like this comming to light.

No, there doesn't. It's the same crap over and over again hoping the idiots that buy their smearing don't notice. Paul has already stated he takes full moral responsibility for failing to properly deal with these newsletters when they were distributed. There is no army. Only rational thinkers.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

In some excerpts, the reader may be led to believe the words are indeed from Paul, a resident of Lake Jackson, Texas. In the "Ron Paul Political Report" from October 1992, the writer describes carjacking as the "hip-hop thing to do among the urban youth who play unsuspecting whites like pianos."

The author then offers advice from others on how to avoid being carjacked, including "an ex-cop I know," and says, "I frankly don't know what to make of such advice, but even in my little town of Lake Jackson, Texas, I've urged everyone in my family to know how to use a gun in self defense. For the animals are coming."

I have to say, that is pretty compelling. If he really didn't know that these things were really being written, he's a major-league idiot. How could he publish these letters for so many years and no know what was in them. No one came up to him over that long period of time and said "Hey, Dr. Paul, I love what you said about X," whereupon he would have said "WTF?" I find it incredibly hard to believe, and I think the reasonable person does, too.

apc

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not really.
From what I can tell the only people gobbling this crap up have an agenda against freedom.

Personally I wouldn't really care if it came out that he used to be in the Klan. There's plenty in Washington already that were. I don't care that Romney is a Mormon or Obama is/was/whatever a Muslim. As long as their personal beliefs and opinions aren't reflected in policy it's irrelevant. Paul has never shown a desire for racist policies, and there's no reason to think he's just been holding off all these years waiting to become president.

When even Boortz has been Ron Paul this Ron Paul that, it's pretty obvious the enemies of freedom are unloading as much as possible because Paul represents a very serious problem for their tyrannical regime.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I hate bumping these ridiculous threads back to the top.
But again, I feel compelled to defend an honest man.

Apparently others are more interested in smearing him with the SAME
weak lies repeatedly. Attempting to make it truth.

Where have I heard that before?
Repeat a lie, over and over, and it becomes the truth?
Hmm..Was it that Nazi Joseph Goebbels? Or was it Lenin?
Either way, it's good company for propagandists.

There have been 5 threads or so about this.

I ask all of you, all of you that get a kick out of this slander, to go a little further, an find something, ANYTHING, a speech, a writing signed by Ron Paul, a video. Find some hard evidence. Bring it here, and we'll talk about it.

But I warn you..I have done my homework.
SO...All of you that are "repeating a lie, until it becomes the truth"..
Let's see a little backup.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I'd give you a WATS if it were still possible.

I've likewise done my homework and they have nothing substantial. "Grasping at straws," as the saying goes, to discredit a very real threat to their system.

How utterly predictable and sad.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

Thanks Axeman.
Did you notice that Fox, has taken the Post debate polls off their website? LOL

The last reading had Paul as the winner (again).At somewhere around 35 percent, above all the other candidates.

Denial of the truth..again.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I got it as 38% and Hannity crying like a little girl about it... "They chased me down the street, boo hoo hoo. But I stood up to them..."

You're so freakin' brave. What an idiot.

He won the debate, and you're all terrified. Doesn't feel so nice when you're the one being made to fear, eh? God knows you've spouted off enough propaganda in order to induce fear in the American public...

Did you see the Penn & Teller Piece on youtube about Frank Luntz?

(caution - strong language)

www.youtube.com...

I couldn't make it embed in the post, sorry.

The "polls" and "focus groups" are garbage. There are no obective benchmarks, they know it, and they are doing their best to discredit RP because it appears he is gaining quite a bit of support... I don't care what they say. Almost everone I know - my friends, family, a lot of my coworkers - is behind RP and the ball is just beginning to roll.

I tell (almost) everyone I meet about RP and 9 times out of 10 they are receptive.

I believe "they" are failing.

[edit on 1/11/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If the polls are so inexact, why are they consistently right?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

If the polls are so inexact, why are they consistently right?

Because of guys like Frank Luntz -- I thought I had made that clear in my post.

Iowa and New Hampshire are closed primaries, so the tally of votes is not indicative of what the general election tally will be. It's only the registered Republicans, and then even then only the ones that bother to caucus.

If you look at the results of the debates (sans Frank and Hannity), Ron Paul was the clear winner of all of them. He completely schooled all the others on policy and the moderators too, with their irrelevant questions and setting him up for the others to make jokes.

He stayed the course and stood his ground, just like he always has, and they just looked like class clowns.

You are being decieved, my friend.

(edit spelling)

[edit on 1/12/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think this his video response is the best your going to get for answer as to why it happened and how it got away from him at that time. He isn't known for saying racial comments publicly, so unless we see some footage of him at a klan rally roasting marsh mellows, Im voting for the guy. IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join