It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush urges Israeli occupation end

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
come on you guys.....i mean you really believe what george says......with the amount of US dollars winging their way to israel every week...sheeesh....the only way it WILL end is when israel takes over the middle east completely and systematically destroys the remnants of the arab world like it has been doing since 1948. was it not carter who signed the nuclear proliferation treaty and aren't george's neo-cons overwhelmingly pro-israel????????
perhaps it's just me but i think there is a strong smell in here

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow I am absolutely astounded!!! I think I heard a blurb on the News today about this and figured I must be hearing things. Probably to save some face? Just because words happen doesn't mean action to back the words happens. If that were the case, rainforests wouldn't be in danger anymore, and the environment would be getting back on its feet.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think twitchy hit the nail on the head

Just lame duck rhetoric

peace will never happen under Bush's administration.
I think Bush is trying to do some back pedaling to make
up for his incompetence in the past. Kind of like his
last legacy that never happens.

Plus, I think Israel will not adhere to settlement withdrawal.
As every war that has been fought in history. The winner of the battle
keeps the territory gained. Since Israeli blood was spilled
in attaining that territory, why would they give it back when
no other army in history has done so? They won't !!!
So Bush's remarks for peace is in vain and only made public
to shed a different likable image on Bush.

It's only propaganda and rhetoric from a lame duck .....
and it's always gonna be.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What's a peace nowadays?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I agree is just rethoric, Clinton try to bring lame duck peace to this conflict in he's last year of the presidency too. Remember the result of that?

Intifada Part 2. And I'm not saying that the violence came from the Arab side only, Israel was as much of an impediment for peace than the extremist.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's shocking. If anything comes of it, it's Junior's legacy move. He's trying avoid going out as the worst US president in history. Just think 30 years from now, we would be saying "he was a peacemaker."

And then I woke up.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flashback

There is still any doubt that he's the worst President in US history.?

On topic, wouldn't it be ironic that after all the bloodshed that he has caused, if he is able to pull this one out he gets the Nobel Peace Prize?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This feels like when a boxer feigns a punch, to then follow through with the knockout blow.. If anything more comes of this I will be very surprised, not to mention pleased.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I am an opponent to this. The Arabs are doing fine. Should this happen, it is a step closer to Rapture...

Whatever the case, I can't believe how corrupt GWB has become...His old values would've been on Isreal's side 100%. The Promised Land belongs to the Jewish nation, not the Arabs. I hope this doesn't happen, and I hope Israel bombards the Arabs to the point of getting their whole nation's original land back...someday..

The Arabs (I'm sorry folks, but it's true) are a bit of a sexual "mistake" by the name of Ishmael. There is such a thing as a Christian Arab, btw...I love everyone, though, and hope as many as possible accept Jesus before it's too late...

Oh, and from a Biblical standpoint, there will never be peace between the Jewish people and the Arabs.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by joesomebody]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The way you cook up your hatespeech and add a pinch of "love" right there at the end so effortlessly is really amazing. I'd like to ask that you keep that secret recipe to yourself.

I'm truly glad I'm able to see right through you. I hope most at ATS can.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The promised land? Oh yeah, their God said they could have it, but then told them they couldn't have it because they were wicked, but then Great Britain said they could have it again in Madagascar, then Pallestine, after they had fled Europe, every single nation in Europe, which was after they fled Russia, after they fled the middle east, after they fled africa... they even called America Israel for about a hundred years. Of course it originally belonged to the Edomites, and god knows who else, but western history gets rewritten so much in their favor, who the hell knows.
God's chosen people... says who? I just really don't think the Gentile world buys into that talmudic crap anymore, unless your local reverand is a freemason, I can't imagine why a christian would defend such theivery and blood soaked religous apartheid. Who do you think Jesus was talking to when he said ""Depart from me you workers of inequity. I never knew you."?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
I hope Israel bombards the Arabs to the point of getting their whole nation's original land back...someday..

And if the rapture does come, how will you explain to Jesus that you just advocated the death of millions of people?

I love everyone, though, and hope as many as possible accept Jesus before it's too late...

You love everyone? Even the ones who don't worship Jesus? What about the Israelis who choose to not worship Jesus, and remain Jewish or Muslim? Will you still love them then, or turn your back on them, because your whole support for them was only to trick them into worshiping your prophet?

Just to note, that "sexual mistake" as you put it, was a blessing from God towards Abraham. If it is a mistake, as you say, then you will have to admit that God does make mistakes and is not perfect.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

As a Christian, I like to point out that the rapture does no appear in the Bible and is an evangelical idea.

It's people like you who give Christianity a bad name

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It's the first positive thing I've heard coming out of Bush's mouth. However, as said before do not be too optimistic about it as it won't happen. The Zionist lobby in the US is too powerful to let it happen and apart from this time we'll probably never hear again about it.

People are threatened by the Zionist lobby all around the world. A former prime minister of the country I live in, and who has often condemned the Israeli occupation has been threatened as well. He doesn't care and continues to spread the word, however, the lobby won't allow anyone to get something done that threatens the Zionist interest in one way or another, they are not fearful of using violence.

What makes me really upset is the fact that many Zionists are abusing the past. After Bush said what he said, Zionists started protest marches and used the Holocaust again to condemn the words of Bush. They are simply crazy and their actions are very nasty:

The rally was organized by the 'SOS Israel' under the banner of praying for a unified Jerusalem. Protestors read psalms and carried signs, several of which warned that Bush and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert were "bringing another Holocaust."

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
does it not say in the bible that the jews will be taken to the promised land when the lord comes again. excuse me if i am wrong but the state of israel was set up, essentially, with masses of american dollars which are still pouring in today. so unless america is the lord, which i find extremely hard to believe then aren't we still being lied to/manipulated? was the bible not written by jews, or at least the first four books of the christian bible? and before you say i am some anti-semite or something i hasten to remind you that there are ten semitic tribes, the descendants of isaac being just one. oh and i am not an arab i just try to follow history.
one more thing..do you not find it ironic that for a people who continuously re-iterate their persecution that all they do now is persecute others.
or maybe two..it also states in the bible that there are jews and there are jews.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
II hope this doesn't happen, and I hope Israel bombards the Arabs to the point of getting their whole nation's original land back...someday..

The Arabs (I'm sorry folks, but it's true) are a bit of a sexual "mistake" by the name of Ishmael. There is such a thing as a Christian Arab, btw...

Hey Joe "christian,/good guy" that's a pretty ugly thing to say. Since you seem to lump everyone together in the mid-east I'm sure you don't even know who or what an "Arab" is. That said, if some of those "mistakes" as you put it, wander into your religion it's nice to know that your prejudice will prevent you from accepting them with the brotherly love I thought required of Christians. Heh...I kinda knew that all along though. "One of us but never ONE of us", aye?

I do commend you however on your honesty with how you feel about the situation. Most who do feel as bigoted and hypocritical as you do never admit it.

You sure you really love everyone as you claim?
Don't answer that it's rhetorical.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Leaders say one thing when they speak between themselves and another when they speak to the people.
I am sure Bush sees Musharraf as a friend and wants him in power in Pakistan to control the nukes, but he could not say that in public, that would make Musharraf to be more hated by the extremists

[edit on 11-1-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ourland48

Man you should not be posting things like this.

That is just plain disgusting.
Also are you threatening to kill the President with this?
Disagreeing with his policy is one thing but wishing him dead or killed is another animal entirely.

Very out of line.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Personal opinion but I think gwb is trying hard to push this middle east peace thing so he has something to show for his 8 years in office besides 9/11, Afghanistan and Iraq.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join