It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Threw 4 Children Off Bridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Dad Threw 4 Children Off Bridge

www.examiner.com

A day after reporting his four young children were missing, a shrimp fisherman broke down and confessed that he threw them off an 80-foot-high bridge to their deaths, authorities said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Insane.

Something really must have snapped inside this guy.

I just hope that the eldest was first as he/she would have been more aware of what was coming.

All 4 gone. Such a shame and such an incredibly insane action on the part of the father.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Stories like this are the reason I no longer watch the evening news. It's depressing in the extreme to know that my fellow man has degenerated to such a low and degraded state. It's hard to image what could possibly be going through his mind as he tossed one after another of his children to their watery deaths.
Just once I wish the media would tell a sterling story of heroic humanity that shows we are not completely unworthy of the privilege of being the dominant species on this planet.
This story is just sad.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I read that it was over an argument he had with his wife. I just can't imagine an argument going this wrong. Who did he think he was punishing? These kids ranged from 4 months to 3 years old. It's horrible.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Some family members and friends held out hope that the children weren't dead.

"I just pray for the kids, that they are still alive," said Van Lam, a family friend who was at a market with Phan's mother Wednesday afternoon.

80 foot bridge and those little kids - there is always hope, but unless they were fished out immediately, and the article doesn't point to that - then it's the worst news.

I wonder how stable this family was.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's stories like this that make the NWO seem quite an acceptable option for us semi normal sensible caring type people.

Birth by registration only: no crack heads and law breakers allowed!!

Those poor babies.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is just terrible.

I am pretty familiar with both Bayou La Batre and the Intracoastal Waterway. You can see the latter on Google Earth at these coordinates: 30º17'33.88"N 88º07'55.80"W, but Bayou La Batre is too small to appear as anything but a green blob.

Now_Then wondered about stability. I'll say this... The only thing close to good luck that Bayou La Batre had was getting name-dropped in Forrest Gump and Disney building the Black Pearl (for Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl) at Steiner Shipyard there. The town is only about 4 square miles and subsists almost entirely on the shrimping industry. Any money made from the Disney thing was almost certainly obliterated a few months later when Hurricane Katrina hit. They had a 16ft storm surge that resulted in a little over twenty shrimp boats getting beached as well as a clipper ship. It is, in my opinion, a bleak spot of hopelessness. Its population is under 2500 people, many of whom still haven't totally recovered from the hurricane three years ago. No one I know wanted to be anywhere near it even before Katrina wrecked it. That goes to mindset. Also, MSNBC is playing up the father's drug habit here.

I'm sort of surprised that no one noticed a man throwing 4 children off this particular bridge. The Dauphin Island Parkway turns into Highway 193, which turns into the Intracoastal Waterway: a fair stretch across the Mobile Bay that eventually rises to the 80ft mentioned in the article. The photo on Google Earth at the coordinates I listed earlier shows just how bare the bridge is. There are no wires or massive girders extending above it. There is just a small area of road on either side for a car to pull over in case of emergency. On this bridge, whatever you are doing is totally exposed, especially if you are doing it during the daytime. And while it is not a point of major traffic like the I-10 Bridge, it is a well-traveled road. Perhaps he did this in the early, dark, low traffic hours of the morning?

If I were to somehow fall off that bridge at the highest point and actually survive the fall, I'd still have to swim a half mile (0.80km) or so to decent shore. The chances of even one of those poor kids surviving are extremely slim. Horrible...

/tn.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
When I read stories like this, I look at my babies,and I cry.Then I hug them.
I would die for my children.I cannot fathom otherwise.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There's a bit of an update to this story, he is now claiming that he was forced into confessing by police. The whereabouts of the children are still unknown though.

www.foxnews.com...

I think he was just told to say this by his lawyer though, I hate to put blame on a person like this however his initial story just doesn't make sense.

top topics

join