It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something may be about to happen in US soil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Something is going on in the Airports that directly link to the US, and US airports as well. This is, in my opinion, a clear sign that they are getting ready for something that may happen anytime. Here is why...

My brother has recently return to US to continue with school. We travel a lot. In fact up to 3 times a year international, and this is the first time that he claims to face this kind of security proceduce in place.

Everything started once in UK. At the international terminal (mostly American airlines), security has gone mad. As he descibres, was stopped and questions by apparently british special forces like SAS about 3 times before even reaching the check-in counter. Apparently the entire terminal is completely packed with special forces lookign alike those in the movie hitman (for those that have seen it). Black suited security forces, armed to the tooth, and carrying all kind of weapons and gas masks!!

He was contantly asked very weird and unsual questions by this ppl. like... "why did you choose to study such subject" or "why is your university so expensive.." completely non sense.

He also went thru 5 security check points with x-rays machines on his way to the gate, completely unsual. In the first control, one of the guards told him ONLY ONE BAG (he was carrying a backpack and a laptop handbag), so my brother tried to explain to the guard that the other bah was for the laptop.... which is common sense since he saw it himself, yet he told my brother to shut up, and either take the laptop or give it away with the handbag. Absurd. by the way a xmas present... oh well. He also said the whole terminal was full of special forces walking around, stopping passengers for questionning! the most thing was, that apparently they only stopped young travellers!... right before getting on the place was stopped, scanned and questioned again, as every other your traveller.

Once in Atlanta.... which we travel thru most of the time, apparently this time was as well absurd. 3 hours!!!!!! in the custom's line. Apparently the place was packed with special forces, custom agents, and apparently ppl behing all this officers... dressed as normal ppl (possibly CIA or NSA) tell every guard what to do, who to stop, who to question in detail and so so. Of course he missed his conecting flight... but was put on the next flight taken care by Delta/homeland security.

Something is going on and about to happen... for those of us that constantly travel internationally know that this is completely out of place and absurb, never seen before. But in any case... post what you think please thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Crazy.

One of my best friend just arrived in the states 2 days ago from England for a visit, shopping, etc. for about 4 weeks.

She reported nothing of the like....and in fact reported a smooth experience. She flew into New York though.

What airport did he fly out of?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I haven't travelled internationally since May and saw nothing different from the way it's been since 9/11 but that might be because I am a local.

Out of curiousity, what nationality are you? I ask this because it is no secret that the folks guarding the skies are racially profiling and that might be the reason for the added scrutiny. Also, since the attacks on the aiport in the UK last year I would imagine they have beefed up their efforts even further.
(for the record I don't necessarily agree with this practice but I do understand it)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Atlanta is one of the busiest airports in the entire world, and considering that he was carrying a Christmas present I would guess that this happened sometime during the Christmas Holiday. With that in mind 3 hours to get through a customs area is not very shocking to me. Also the way that you describe people pointing out who to pull out of the customs lines is the same way that has been done since a long time before 911, nothing new there. The agents who do that are also simply customs officers, often supervisors, they are not NSA or anything like that.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Something is about to happen in U.S soil? Well, we better start digging and find out what it is!

Seriously though, my girlfriend just arrived from Spain and my parents just got back from France, and my brother just got back from Italy. The only complaint from them was losing luggage. But thats normal!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by plaetorian

Recently, a few months ago anyway, there was a report about how airport screeners had been lacking on keeping potential bomb making materials from boarding planes. Maybe the beefed up security has something to do with that.

I have no problem with it, and if it means a few delays to protect us, I hope this extra close scrutiny continues.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
flew off Gatwick International

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

We are from Spain.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Fear Tactics no more no less.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Right. I have travelled thru atlanta for the last 6 years at a pace of 3 times a year and have never seen this. I have never seen this either when flying through gatwick (UK) and I did recently (after the attacks) so it is in fact not common.

About xmas flying he actually flew yesterday. This all happened yesterday.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

then the profiling thing might not be a factor.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

However keep highlighted that this only happens in the terminal for american flights, to america flying passengers, and apparently only to young ppl.... which is what makes it weird.

The other weird thing, which could be just acting or serious who knows... is the fact that they have black suited special forces all over the terminal wearing all kinds of weapons and gas masks... that... let me assure you, is not common at all... so yeah a lot of weird sutff... but i just thought would be interesting sharing this here... Im from Spain as I said so I would not worry much about it but I think american would so I share....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Would you say that this would be related / connected to your story?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
hey pretty interesting... so it happening around then...

What pisses me off the most is that he missed his connecting flight and that he had to trow away a brand new laptop bag we game him for xmas... but im sure that if you ask my brother personally what pisses him off the most he will tell you all about the stupid controls and questioning every 50 meters and all that crap... he does not want to fly anymore for as long as he is able not to.. so... but at least nothing bad happened to him or any of the others that went thru it as well... too bad for that iceland girl..

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I lived in Spain for a while... Anyway, I agree that's quite weird. I've never had such experiences anywhere (not that I've travelled THAT much, but last year I've flown in and out of several European countries as well as Canada), and I hadn't heard about them from others either.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just a thought:

Perhaps heightened security due to an un-announced threat, say perhaps involving the release of Sarin, or some bi-or tri- nary nerve agent aboard a US bound plane or at an airport serving a US carrier?

The gas masks mentioned just got me to thinking:

What could some one carry on their persons, nowadays, that could Still threaten an entire aircraft-load of US-bound passengers?

Answer: Nerve gas.

Conveniently stored in 3oz. bottles and quart-sized plastic bags.

Easily disguised as lotions, oils, or shampoo.

Lethal enough in small quanties to easily bring down a hermetically sealed environment... like a aircraft at 30,000FT.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thats really crazy! So did she, yet she came in on the 7th to JFK and didnt see any of that. Maybe yesterday they had a threat that they didnt release to the public!

She said customs was pretty normal, but more of a pain because she has a toddler and had a diaper bag LOL!

Why would he have had to throw away a laptop bag?

Sorry he had such a bad experience!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by plaetorian

We are from Spain.

My mother and father flew from BWI (Baltimore) to Madrid 2 weeks ago, and returned last week... nothing unusual to report as far as security- standard hassles with no special treatment.

The reason I included your quote: You wouldn't happen to be or even appear Basque? I mean no disrespect, I'm subscribing to the theory that perhaps ethnic profiling may have played a role. I am sure you know that Basques are certainly on some anti-terror watchlist.(?)

Just MHO.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'am spanish by birth but live in australia and have been living in australia as a naturalized australian since 1970......in 1995 i went to spain for a holiday to visit the grandparents and other family.
The trip there went smoothly with no problems whatsoever, however on my departure from barcelona international i went through the the metal detector
and it beeped and the airport staff asked me to remove any metal on me, my watch and my belt (buckle ) and walked through again and all was good, about ten yards from that detector i was approached by a customs officer and asked to follow him , i did and was led to a room and was strip searched NAKED! I never had any hand luggage with me not even a jacket, all i had was my wallet, passport and airline ticket ( i did all duty free at airports along the way home) i was then released with no explanation why. i then went through to the international lounge to which i had to go through another detector , you would'ent believe it, i got put through the same ordeal again and stripped naked , never once was my wallet or p/port looked at now this is where it gets wierd To get onto the plane i had to go through another detector, again the same deal belt and watch AND led to another room and strip search again this time in front of 4 very heavily armed soldiers watching my every move along with 5 customs officers all with sidearms they didnt check my clothing or shoes or p/port and wallet nothing they didnt even ask questions after i got dressed i asked them why???? no answer just show'en the door to which i boarded the plane.my p/port was never stamped upon leaving spain! nothing like that happened in india or thailand (stop-overs) In sydney international i declared my duty-free purchases p/port stamped and never questioned why no stamp from spain!... a week after in sydney i went to the spanish consulate with my dad and asked them to investigate why this
happened,after they made an in enquiry they told me i was very lucky not to be in prison and that i should'ent bring up the subject ever again. i dont to this day have a police record of any kind not in spain and not in australia and have been in spain again in 2000 and in 2003 no problems, at the time this story happened i was 26 years old.....and to this day....i still dont have an explanation!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
remember the Village People.. well one was a cop
your probably have a pretty a***! No joke! A dyke friend of mine has "acquaintences" in the Aussie Customs and they arnt afraid to "bend" the rules for a look! Inconvienient and wrong but they have the power and use it, lets not let them get anymore!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join