It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Personally, I'm thinking an entity that has knowledge of cloning and artifical inteligence or an android body. They might also be in interdimensional time traveler etc. This person might also be considered a fallen angel and a watcher. Otherwise they might just a con-artist, writer or mentally ill and psychotic.

If a time traveler and as intersting as the past may be, I would be more concerned about our future if they knew and would tell us anything truthfully.
I might expect some advanced life forms who space travel have already solved the problem of immortality by whatever means available. Cloning and transfering into other bodies would be more obvious as a possibility.

Some might refer to this as possession also. I would imagine our science has already learned these things from captured aliens and their ships and advanced technologies. For all we know, many space travelers travel in a spiritual form to get here and with android bodies. Maybe they come thru these stargates and probes in a spiritual form first?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by benabba

Ok, now in your reply to me you said you are applying what you have learned about becoming immortal, slowly into your life, yet here you told this person that immortals simply do not believe in death.

It would seem to me that by just not believing in death, we should be able to stop the process. Why do you need to apply this logic, slowly?

I am sure this would take pages also, but can I have a condensed version?

Thanks

Ok everyone. I have posted my "Summary of the Facts" on my main blog at Ben-Abba.com.

Check out and enjoy; or not.

[edit on 2/18/2008 by benabba]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Ben,

I looked at your summary. Now I know what questions I should not be asking! I think I might come up with a few more that you didn't list!

I did find it interesting that there are so few women that are immortals. Who knows, though. Maybe women are better at keeping a secret!

Thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think it is possible. Part of it might be psychological i.e. people expect to only live to a certain maximum age but it could also be scientific/genetic.

Although I do have to say, the stories of the man claiming to be 2800 years old do seem very far-fetched, what with him being involved in a lot of major historical events and being friends with Jesus. Don't know how much I believe that to be honest.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
but as i always say..why not? It is plausable in every aspect. It speaks of men of extended life spans in the beggining. And after. I vote yes to possible.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What are his thoughts on music?
Is he proficient in a particular instrument(s)?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeppman
What are his thoughts on music?
Is he proficient in a particular instrument(s)?

Great question.

He currently owns a piano and plays that for his music; although he is fond of occasional church music.

However, he claims to have played a musicial instrument that is something like a 2,800 year old bango; made out of wood and goat skin. I believe it was an ancient version of what is called a rbab or rabab today. He has not seen one for about 2,000 years. He appears to me to miss playing the instrument and hearing its sound. I would like to buy one for him if I could ever find one. I could use help trying to locate one that matches as close as what he use to play.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_the_rave
I think it is possible. Part of it might be psychological i.e. people expect to only live to a certain maximum age but it could also be scientific/genetic.

Although I do have to say, the stories of the man claiming to be 2800 years old do seem very far-fetched, what with him being involved in a lot of major historical events and being friends with Jesus. Don't know how much I believe that to be honest.

There is a Biblical reference that implies he was a good friend of Jesus.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Now, why would he aproove of you posting this on here? since it is definately monitered. Would they not seek you via your IP adress and then force you to show them where he is..if not jsut moniter you. Or is it plausable that you made this up to get hopes to rise. I do not like the idea of this idea being thrown around in a attempt at minor glory. Ask im if the one source looks like a white beam of energy, with rolls of "clouds(different realities/dimensions) belowing forth. And time as we see it is just a small piece of the clouds, for the "immortal" should know of these things. Ask him if the final step of our existance is to once again become one with the source, thus eliminating "self" and perhaps that is why he has chosen not to die (as do most, they all keep coming back). I think the reasnon we live, can be answered most simply by "Y" in several spects..its also kind of a joke. With the answers given by these questions, i think i will either beleive or disbeleive what is said here. See if im the "foe" you claim me to be

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If there are immortals, that's great! I'd love to be immortal.

You probably think I am crazy; maybe I am.

But since I won't be the only immortal I could have other immortal friends. If immortals exists, there can't just be ONE!

BEING IMMORTAL:

Meeting new people is limitless!

To have many wives at different time periods, or maybe even different cultures and worlds.

There's no limit to exploration. Since I believe UFOs are real, I could explore the galaxy!

Learn different talents, languages, games, cultures, occupations, etc.

COME ON GUYS, USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

[edit on 22-2-2008 by phitau]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
oh i most certainly think there are tings beyond our reality of life spans. I jus dont know if i were one, that i would want the world to know i existed, unless the time is coming for him to step forth with others that is...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phitau

I really find it great that the first thing he mentions about being immortal is having multiple wives...
Think about that REALLLLLLYYYY logically for a moment... IMMORTAL ... Lots of Wives... Babies... Let's make more immortal people.. .... see a problem starting to develop .. I think they let the mammals die and keep the people who produce intellectual babies alive.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
who says its genetic?
ben-abba describes it as a method you apply to life.
give it a shot im guessing, im going to yell to the universe "i am immortal" when i get the chance alone.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by offtheheezay
who says its genetic?
ben-abba describes it as a method you apply to life.
give it a shot im guessing, im going to yell to the universe "i am immortal" when i get the chance alone.

I never said it was genetic.. did I say that? .. you assumed by me stating "children" that they would be immortal from birth...

I take it you don't have children or anyone you'd want to be immortal along side you.

The reality of it is, the technology exists to extend life already,

instead of making it seem like its hocus pocus .. simply yelling 'I'm immortal..' or thinking you are.. there is a lot more behind it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"lets make immortal babies"

hmm? lol its either being implied as a trait or something you can do in a lab

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
if theis immortal had wives/kids....i am sure he would raise and train the children to also be immortal. If he did not, that would be indeed selfish of him. Then again who knows, maybe the immortality proccess makes you not so potent".

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
bennaba,

I had a thought come to me while reading some of your other replies recently, and I was wondering if you could pose this to your immortal friend for me.

I am picturing a man living one full lifetime (his first), and little by little those he loves die and leave him alone. He does this again, and again, each time being left alone to start over.

What I wonder is if he (with each life he starts over) views life sort of like a play. Each lifetime he shares with a family as an act in a play, all part of one long production. In other words, does he ever get the impression that he keeps repeating a role of some sort? Does each life scenario he lives out have as much impact as the first time around, or has the thrill of life diminished somewhat?

Also, on a different topic, can you ask him for me if teenagers have always been difficult to deal with, going back 2,800 years, or is this some modern curse?

As always, thanks for your time in answering my questions.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You really seemed to be in tune with this guy.

None of his children were immortal (so it is probably not genetic). He said one of his wives suspected that he was immortalm but was never sure of it. He says the only person that did know he was immortal, besides me, was Jesus Christ.

"I am picturing a man living one full lifetime (his first), and little by little those he loves die and leave him alone. He does this again, and again, each time being left alone to start over."

YES!

"What I wonder is if he (with each life he starts over) views life sort of like a play. Each lifetime he shares with a family as an act in a play, all part of one long production. In other words, does he ever get the impression that he keeps repeating a role of some sort? Does each life scenario he lives out have as much impact as the first time around, or has the thrill of life diminished somewhat?"

I got the impression speaking to him that this is true.

"Also, on a different topic, can you ask him for me if teenagers have always been difficult to deal with, going back 2,800 years, or is this some modern curse?"

LOL, I will have to ask him about this one. His current son is about 60 years right now, so he was probably not as difficult as modern day teenagers are today.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
if this man is really this old, then it should be pretty simple to prove it.
he should be able to talk, read, write and translate at least 3 diffrent extinct languages from the places he lived. i'll let you figure out which ones. and please have the writing/translation samples scanned and uploaded to this website for all to verify.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Hey, if the comment for being in tune with your friend was meant for me, I just want to say, I think it's true. Don't ask me why, but I get the impression I may have been one of his wives along the way in a past life!

Also, maybe it's just your thread, but I have been having some wierd dreams as of late, that lead me to believe I have known this person very well. I believe in remote viewing as well, so it could be that I am also connecting to this person in this way, also.

While he might be ancient, and worn in the ways of life, I sense a keen jollyness about the guy. Sort of like, what else has life got to throw him. He's been there and done that, might as well roll with all the punches. He's a people watcher, even from where he sits today, he's still surprised at what humanity has to offer. After all this time, he takes joy out of simple pleasures while viewing the big picture.

This might sound like an odd sentiment to send the fellow, while he is between life situations, let him know he is never really alone. Then again, I am sure he knows it. Seems like he's just waiting for us all to catch up.

Thanks benabba. I have really been enjoying your thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join