It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
im kevin hopf any intellegent being that knows it knows doent deserve to be considered a pet i feel sorry for you all.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I certainly would like to think they exist. I never rule out supposed myths from the past that have existed for so long. Maybe man is just obsessed with the idea of beating death; but, hell if you can believe in God, then why can't other such miraculous things exist.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Immortals are usually vampires. The only reason some people are only immortal, is because they only inherited that gene, and not the enhanced strength, speed, and other vampiric abilities. Some people inherit all of the qualities of a vampire except the need to suck blood, while others do not inherit the weakness to the sun, or susceptability to heat stroke, etc... It all come down to genes. I suppose the only gene you would realy need to possess to be a vampire, is the gene of blood addiction or the need to drink blood. Vampire "did" derive from the german word vampir. These special genes that I just mentioned are possibly premature developements that the human race may take on more often as we evolve.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacious
Why 2012? Was Jesus a Mayan?

Jesus is every man, to the Mayans his name was "Lord Paschal"...Kinda like the pascal lamb....Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
see what i am trying to find is one of these acid techno raves were you get sacrificed to satan and run around all twisted off.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'd like to think that they do exist. But this man that you say is 2,800 years old. How did he become immortal or did it just suddenly happen? Was there something to trigger it?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by radiodjguy

That only applies in places where they give out birth certificates. If you werent born in the U.S. then it would be incredibly easy to live undetected abd finger printing only applies if you served in the military or have a conviction. I highly doubt an immortal would choose to live in the U.S. I know I'm moving when I elevate to that level.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I dont know. Humans are trusting creatures and even though that is a powerful tool for us it is also one of our greatest weakness's like fire. I cant decide what people believe in or influence. I want to know the truth. That is just me. I would want to know 100 of whatever, so later days or years later i wont turn my head down in shame for even believeing in such a silly thing. Information, Posts, Magazines, Movies, TV, with out all that it only boils down to one question! What do you blieve in? And whatever that answer is no one can change it but you.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis

I personaly do not belive that immortality can be acheaved untill this days, but history have a some good "Legends" related to this subject.

One of the moust talked ones was The Count of saint-Germain.

what about Dorian Grey? The man who could live forever but because of his vanity he cold never look at a painting of himself (or mirrors too I think).

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

Wasn't Dorian Gray just fiction? (I forget, ah well!) I still haven't bought the darn book, on my top reading list too!

As for this Count or whoever it is, maybe it's just a Fountain of all Knowledge? I personally DO believe in immortals, however not in the sense that you have one life, one body, i.e., I wont live for thousands of years. Sure I'll die, but probably come back as another being, or animal. Meh, just my thoughts and 2pence!

Laters gatersx

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by angelc01

That's 'The Man From earth'. There is a comprehensive review of this at: bixbysmanfromearth.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Everything dies. Humans could stave off death until the universe ended but, in the end, they still die. There is no such thing as true immortality; Extended life, however, is very possible and will most likely become a large part of medical research in the near future.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
of course he has seen all the most famous people in history regardless of where or when, spose he just checked the internet to see what was on that day, then used his teleporter to get there, stupid

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It is my thoughts that immortality may very well be achieved through the kundalini energy. This energy at the bottom of the spine that is as powerful as a freight train shoots up the spine, releasing at the crown, revitalizing the body. Since my awakening I have felt physical perfection and saints trained in harnessing this energy have been rumored to be immortal. I feel like I am age 11 again. My weakened eye sight became stronger. I have experienced a complete relaxed bliss. People say I look young again and my receding hairline is nearly non-existent now. I truly think this may be the way to immortaliity. It's a matter of harnessing it...

My thread about my experience

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

are you referring to the count st germain??? please reply to [email protected]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This might sound fool-hardy, or naive of me...but I think that all of the concepts we now call "myth or legend" could very well be true. Here's why:
A murder took place in my state this year (I can't give particulars), I'm very good friends with an individual who was very close to the case...this person (the decedent) was locally famous and I was a great fan. However, when we turned on the news, none of the details (no matter how great or small) were ever even mentioned. If I were merely an uninformed listener, I would be under the dillusion that the police and journalists knew nothing. But I know that is not the case. The deceased was a journalist, and I know the police had to keep quiet about certain things for the sake of their investigation...but fellow-journalists rallied, and nothing was ever mentioned that might embarrass or take away from the deceased's character. They took it upon themselves to form a wall of silence....I thought journalists reported the truth??

So my take on subject of immortals (and vampires, werewolves, fairies, dragons, etc.) is why not? It's not like the powers-that-be would ever allow such a truth be revealed if, in fact, it could be proven as a truth. I've witnessed first-hand what happens when our so-called "trustworthy news media" is tasked with reporting the truth....THEY WON'T. Kinda makes one wonder, what else aren't we being told????

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Out of 6 billion people on this planet, what are the chances that an individual or even a handful of people exist who DO NOT AGE?
This would be a dangerous advantage to have in one's bloodline and it would have to be kept secret. The acquisiton of wealth and power, the multitude of children, the ability to shape the course of history - perhaps Mayer Rothschild is still alive today?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Are there real immortals living among us?

One of the problems with some Humans is that they do not want to know the 'truth', the thruth being about a Immortal living among us. I personaly do know about a 'Immortal' of this life that IS living among us, but some people do not want to accept the truth, as the 'truth' being that the truth is. I do not want to give out any details, because I know that some Humans do not care even if the truth is shown to them.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

HAHAHAHAHA! YES! And I WILL BE THE ONE! There arent many of us left so if you care to challenge me......i'll be waiting....but seriously...who is this man who claims to be 2,800 years old PUBLICALLY?! NO...sorry...gotta say false....i myself was born on the banks of the tigris in a small village near the mountains in southern turkey(which were much larger then) during what you call the bronze age...some 3500+ years. i dont even know exactly how old i am...i have no memory of anything beyond the first time i "died" as a result of an uprising to the babylonians...but good luck finding me and proving it!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join