It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corrupt U.S. Officials Sold Nuclear Weapons Secrets *Update: NEW Edmonds interview of 1/30*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by scrapple

Thanks for the help scrapple - it's a pity this didn't get more attention, but it's a fickle ole world.

I guess people didn't see this in the same light I did (and yourself)

I hope this hits the mainstream soometime soon, and maybe gets revived.

Agreed. I have not found any new reports either. I submitted it to several sites hoping to spark some life and get the word out but nada.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ahh, amazing how a few days after a 'non' event your head starts to clear and you can move forward - refreshed - aware - and ready once again for life's sweet theater.

DO NOT LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE **DON"T**
www.youtube.com...

Thanks mostly to the day to day interacts which prove to me now that there never really was a person named Sibel Edmonds. All, please excuse my wistful indulgence spent on this issue, it was pure selfishness; I am truly ready to participate fully in life’s more meaningful activities and themes.

Straight and Narrow,
-Scrapple

[edit on 10-1-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great OP, budski -- glad to see some has been early out on this story.

I myself didn't become aware of it before yesterday, and searching Sibel Edmonds on ATS brings up about 120 links, so all unknown to ATS the story is not. But why it doesn't get major attention on a site like this is a mystery to me as well.

Personally I think it is the policy of the ownership, to make ATS --of everything-- a family-site that depletes the intelligence of the membership, distorts its agility, makes ATS another numb website not to be taken too serious. Shame! is all I can say.

Anyway, here's the latest Times article on the informations of Edmonds.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

And yes of course starred and flagged, and allow me to link my contributions to make this case explode in the face of the administration and the minds of the American puplic.

For sale: West’s deadly nuclear secrets

Pakistan's Bomb, U.S. Cover-up This is non other than Daniel Elsberg highlighting the story.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

There is crucial information in this latest times story that shows the FBI itself may be a corrupt organisation;

One of the documents relating to the case was marked 203A-WF-210023. Last week, however, the FBI responded to a freedom of information request for a file of exactly the same number by claiming that it did not exist. But The Sunday Times has obtained a document signed by an FBI official showing the existence of the file.

Edmonds believes the crucial file is being deliberately covered up by the FBI because its contents are explosive. She accuses the agency of an “outright lie”.

“I can tell you that that file and the operations it refers to did exist from 1996 to February 2002. The file refers to the counterintelligence programme that the Department of Justice has declared to be a state secret to protect sensitive diplomatic relations,” she said.

Source

It seems that the culture of lies prevalent in the bush administration may have taken root in other government organisations.

If it were not The Times running with this, I may be a bit more skeptical, but they are a highly respected daily newspaper.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ninja1
This may be new news, but I can remember hearing news of Bill Clinton trading nuclear and technology secrets to China back when he was president. What he traded for I don't know. Just thought you all might want to know. Very good article, though.

Well,, that isn't exactly true, Clinton didn't heed warnings that their was a chinese guy working in our Government and he was uploading top secret files for weeks when Finally he got questioned about it and China ended up getting our entire nuke program. They kept trying to get clintons attention but he was always in some highly sensitive meeting.

Turns out he was havin sex with Monica Lewinski

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

At least clinton sc****d just one woman, instead of many nations of millions of people, like shrub

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
but you had clinton getting money from china hillary worked with walmart now there huge in china hillary just got in trouble for taking large sums of money for her run for president from chinese peole who live in slums and have no money so who do you think was involed with letting china get the goods

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I never said the clintons were perfect.

I implied they weren't as bad as shrub

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i think its time for a change from the top down or nothing will change. like the mafia somebody else just fills the shoes of who ever left. and there was a waiting list of people wanting in. if this story ever gets pushed it would have to be from outside. the insiders will just cover there self or find a way to profit from there new knowledge of crimes people have commited.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

In that case, nothing WILL ever change, short of revolution or civil war, and despite everything, I don't think many want to go down that road.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
people just need to become more aware of whats going on and quit letting msm make you think the most important news is about what britney or paris is doing. then they need to vote on what matters instead of whos black white male or female oh and the one alll msm thinks is important whats your view on abortion. i would love to see a web site that would be straight with america on whats going on. and not take the sides of left and right. some thing baseed on nubers usa style. fax congress and let them know that we seen what they are doing and dont like it. i mean somebody can get caught with 100 grand in his freezer and still get reelected is crazy. wake up america. alex jones you have to take with a grain of salt he does have some info that is good but he blows everything out of balance in the favor of entertainment. lou dobbs i think is great but sometimes i think he backs of because he knows some things even he cant touch with a ten foot pole. lou keep up the great work.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I like the fact that we no longer have to rely on mainstream news and opinion to know what's going on.

Thank (insert deity of choice or not) that we have the web.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
In a new interview, Sibel Edmonds makes some damning accusations against the mainstream media:

Ryland: Will the US media start reporting on this now that it is 'hot and sexy' again?

Edmonds: It's hard to know. After being told for years that they won't cover it because it is 'old news,' now there are certain officials in the agencies quietly telling journalists to stay away from the story because I came across a highly sensitive covert national security operation.

Also, Turkey's army of lobbyists in DC are very effective. The US press tends to stay away from any stories critical of Turkey, I would say even more than Israel.

There's also the possible problem of 'eating crow' but I hope this isn't an issue, this story is way too important for any of that. The information that has been published in the Times recently could have easily come out four years ago in the US press. We now need everyone to focus on the important issues.

I have one message for the US media: If they think this is over, it's not over. Much more will come out. They won't be able to ignore it any longer, and so I hope they get over any reluctance they might have.

Look at the positive press that the Times' series has received since their first article ran. Do you think their editors haven't noticed? The Times is adding more and more resources to the story, more journalists, bigger budgets, and more importantly, they are getting more and more sources coming forward to shed light on these illegal activities. As I have said from the beginning, this story is not about me, there are many sources who have been waiting for the right time to come forward, I've probably never even heard of most of them, and now they are coming forward. This will play out like Watergate played out, with the drip, drip, drip. So I say to everyone 'Buckle up, there's much more coming.'

So, hopefully American reporters will start to cover the story. I'm not particularly confident, but to a certain degree it doesn't matter that much because the internet and the blogs can spread the reporting from the UK as soon as it hits the wires.

Full Interview

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have been following and fully support the Sibel Edmunds story and it is great to see this in the Sunday Times. Finally someone has the guts to print!

However I have always been concerned that Sibel may have falllen upon some sort of ongoing sting operation. People don't mention this but more than likely this will be the first line of defense for the perpetrators.

In other words Sibel has ruined a law enforcement operation by exposing the criminals and undercover operatives.

Any thoughts on this scenario??

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hey Budski, thanks for the update. Could it possibly become a big story here in the U.S.? I hope so. If so, thngs could get very interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

This story may indicate that it is not a false flag or intel op - although you never know.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

It looks real IMO.

[edit on 30/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

You're welcome.

I'll keep updating the thread as and when more info becomes available.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
for once i am shocked, i never treuly thought so called protectors of a nations security could be so selfish as to sell nuclear secrets to probable enemies for nothing but profit and privelage!!!!!!

as stated before this is probably a grain amoungst the beaches.....this world is dying through nothing but greed!!

i hope the fbi follow this through,its clear the cia is unfit for purpose and needs massive reform or the people will eventually loose all trust in it.

americans wake up and be the patriots you claim to be!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That is quite disgraceful that such people exist in our government. As far as the corrupt officials, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and should eventually face the death penalty, except it should be a public execution just to give everyone working in the government a good reminder of what happens when you sell out.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Sibel Edmonds has raised the point before, about the mainstream media and their handling of it.

I think it's quite significant that the Times has run this story - they are very thorough about their investigations, despite their owner.

That said, it surprises me that more UK media sources have not run the story as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join