It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Bomb, U.S. Cover-up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Pakistan's Bomb, U.S. Cover-up

www.consortiumnews.com

For the second time in two weeks, the entire U.S. press has let itself be scooped by Rupert Murdoch's London Sunday Times on a dynamite story of criminal activities by corrupt U.S. officials promoting nuclear proliferation.

But there is a worse journalistic sin than being scooped, and that is participating in a cover-up of information that demands urgent attention from the public, the U.S. Congress and the courts.

For the last two weeks -- one could say, for years -- the major American media have been guilty of ignoring entirely the allegations of the courageous and highly credible source Sibel Edmonds, quoted in the London Times on Jan. 6, 2008, in a front-page story that was front-page news in much of the rest of the world but was not reported in a single American newspaper or network.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds: 'I Will Tell All, & Name (new) Names'
Sibel Edmonds Talks To Times Online UK
For sale: West’s deadly nuclear secrets

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How can they surpress news like this? Note the last line of the snippet.

Now non other than Daniel Ellsberg, the Pentagon Papers whistleblower, brings it forward, and his closing remarks are spanking to the US "free" press (imo, a thing of the past).

Many, if not most, covert operations deserve to be disclosed by a free press. They are often covert not only because they are illegal but because they are wildly ill-conceived and reckless.

“Sensitive" and "covert" are often synonyms for "half-assed" 'or "idiotic," as well as for "criminal," as the pattern of activities revealed by Edmonds would appear to be if it were truly presidentially authorized.

These activities persist, covertly, to the point of national disaster because the press neglects what our First Amendment was precisely intended to protect and encourage it to do: expose wrongdoing by officials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Folks, this needs to be exposed, to be talked about, posted, blogged all over, so the MSN CANNOT avoid to report it. Yes, even faux -- if necessary at gunpoint -- should be forced to report it too, because if this connects all the way up to the president, impeachment would be a cake walk, and more important the criminal intent of a corrupt administration for the whole world to see.

www.consortiumnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Starred and flagged! How right you are. While I'm sure this news comes as less than a surprise to many members here, the general populous needs the MSM to lend credence to such "outlandish" claims.

How many of us know more than one who simply could not even entertain the notion of any of this information being remotely credible if they don't see it in a little box next to a talking head on channel 5?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Beside from the wellknown culprit Abdul Qadeer Khan, the nuclear scientist who in 1976 started out by stealing secrets from a Dutch uranium plant, this story contains two, to me, previous unknown facts, as stated in the snippet below from the Times article.

The involvement of the Turks --raising the question, do Turkey has its own secret nuclear program?-- and the most serious, that the notorius Khan, who under Benazir Bhutto's rule was made head of the Pakistani nuclear program and then profiteered by selling to Libya and North Korea, he also held meeting with Al Qaeda.

In other words raises the question, does Al Qeda have a nuclear device today?

One of the CIA sources confirmed that the Turks had acquired nuclear secrets from the United States and shared the information with Pakistan and Israel. “We have no indication that Turkey has its own nuclear ambitions. But the Turks are traders. To my knowledge they became big players in the late 1990s,” the source said.

[---]

2001 CIA chief George Tenet gathers officials for crisis summit on the proliferation of nuclear technology from Pakistan to other countries

2001 Weeks before 9/11, Khan’s aides meet Osama Bin Laden to discuss an Al-Qaeda nuclear device

2001 After 9/11 proliferation crisis becomes secondary as Pakistan is seen as important ally in war on terror

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more.

One thing - isn't she under a gagging order that prevents the US MSM from reporting on her comments? How did that order come about, and in who's interests?

S.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't know anything about this Sibel Edmonds, never heard about her before today, though she's not all unknown on ATS, about 120 links to threads turn up in a search.

Smoker, you seems to know something, can court order really prevent her to talk to US media at all ??

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Her evidence of corruption, and the evidence of the sale of top secret Nuclear info is classified as a 'State Secret'.

She has said on numerous occasions that she will talk to the US MSM, in breach of the law, if they are willing to publish. Nobody has stepped up to the plate.

It has, partially, been published in the Times:

Link

From Wikipedia:

...Edmonds was barred from testifying in the 9/11 class action suit, and on July 6, 2004, her own suit was dismissed on state secrets grounds...

She's been stitched up, but more importantly, someone high up has been selling Nuclear information to potentially hostile agents. The person she named has been removed from the Times website. For the record, this is Marc Grossman.

However, it seems more people are implicated than it first appeared:

Sibel Edmonds Names Names

Sh*t has to start hitting the fan soon.

S.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks Smoker!

Great link with names, a few of them I know, like Richard Pearl. Like him others seems related to neocon think tanks and PNAC.

They do this, I think to provoke a situation, create a theater were first-strike use will be justified.

They are madmen. Dangerous and armed.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have been following Sibel Edmonds ever since she first spoke out. She was placed under a gag order, which said she wasn't allowed to talk to the media because of "state secrets". I don't know if that makes it illegal for the media to talk to her, though. Anyone else know?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well, she seems rather an atractive lady.

Of what I have skimmed today about her, I read somewhere, in Sibel Edmonds Names Names, I think, that she have invited the media to talk to her, but none (dare to) come forward.

What I would like to know, does she have proof in documents or copies, of what she claims. It seems to be an awful lot she learned in her just 6 month imployment by CIA.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
These two threads may be of interest when discussing Pakistan. There are also more links within the threads for even more info.

Nuclear Terror Imminent?
Did I hear McCain say "Pakistan is the next Afghanistan" ???!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

If she's been placed under a gag order she's got enough.
But at this point who knows?

The only way we'll find out is if she speaks and someone offers her protection. She would definitely have to go into hiding, but it's also safe to assume that she probably has a tail on her 24/7.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Seems to me that she needs a go-between to get the story to the MSM. The talking heads may be more inclined to report if they can legitimately claim a "secret" source. Then again, you have to wonder how intimidating the subject matter is, as opposed to the source.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just another fact that the media tells everything but the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry folks, this issue is so important it could change world history, so please, for a while get away from speculating in pixels, and turn to some REAL ISSUE.

*BUMP*

In all humbleness, I'm not the one to make this story break, I think this thread by QuasiShaman broke it first but only recieved 3 replies.

The next one to bring it up was budski's thread, a little more succesful.

Here's a full search of Sibel Edmonds on ATS about 120 links, so don't say we haven't got the info to make this story explode all over.

I would say, this lady has, despite her gag order, offered to talk to the press, but none have had the balls to come forward. What about ATS invites her to come HERE and tell what she knows?

Or would that be instigating treachery?

Or do ATS have the balls to promote free speech?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Brave lady. The best kind. There's a series of videos at the CBC called "Nuclear Jihad" that really discuss the history involved pretty well and might offer some further perspective for those with an interest. The links should open in WMP. The sixth one was about US Intelligence and AQ Khan.

www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...

Here's the CBC webpage addy for this subject www.cbc.ca...

What fate Sibel Edmonds? That's a really good question.

Vic

[edit on 24-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
Well, she seems rather an atractive lady.

I'm so glad somebody said that first... I was dying to say it
I've followed her story for a while now as well. There comes a time at least in my mind when patriotism and duty may part ways, this is obviously one of those moments. I wish she'd just out with the all of it and the gag order be damned. She's had enough screen time that if she were to throw it out there somebody's going to catch it, hell she's practically a household name. I've read a few theories saying she's a false flag though, showing us a tree or two in a forest of evil things. Could be I guess, but she is a hottie.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted by khunmoon
Of what I have skimmed today about her, I read somewhere, in Sibel Edmonds Names Names, I think, that she have invited the media to talk to her, but none (dare to) come forward.

Well, Alternet.org has now taken taken the challenge.

The heroic whistleblower on nuclear secrets corruption at the highest levels attacks the cowardly U.S. press and warns she has much more to reveal.

Full interview

Also discussed here and here

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If we cannot get her here, we should at least go out among the blog/forum worlds and spread this story. It needs to be heard, and brought into the public's eye.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hey Jadette, that was a great idea. Invite her to ATS --maybe ATS mix-- let her tell her story, and answer question from members.

I'll bring it up for discussion in the staff.

Meanwhile I suggest members pass it on as a suggestion by the suggestion/complaints link.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join