It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote view this!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah it's a pretty good idea for a thread..

I'm wondering when the next experiment will be...

have been waiting..

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
RPAL/1473

OK let's do it again! I sealed a picture in an envelope and wrote the above nonsense code on the front of the envelope. Please post your impressions, sketches, vibes, feelings, motions, images, guesses, etc. here and I will post the answer next Monday afternoon (January 28).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A chrome sphere

And remember , same as last time
I am omniscient therefore it is a chrome sphere and if your envelope contains a different picture then you have the wrong envelope

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a bridge

first thing that popped into my head so I would bet money it's wrong!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
hold on a second

none of you said anything about the eiffel tower or the lightning

so how were any of you close?

it's pretty plain to see that none of you actually saw what was in that envelope

none of you "viewed" that photograph

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's still fun to guess wildly though.

I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
RPAL/1473 Is "Bigfoot" Yep I see a Yeti, sasquach whatever you want to call it. I see it is from the front, but it is a drawing not a picture. Some brown grass in the foreground.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

Aren't you going to try? What are your impressions? None of us are real psycics or trained remote viewers as far as I can tell but maybe if you compare some responses to the current photo with some responses to the previous photo you might learn something about how your own abilities work. You don't have to sit in the lotus position meditating on it for a week, you can just take a guess if you want. You might even find that the post you just put up here right now has a lot to do with the photo in a way that only you and your own symbolic internal language could possibly understand! Give it a shot.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brock Gel

Aren't you going to try? What are your impressions? None of us are real psycics or trained remote viewers as far as I can tell but maybe if you compare some responses to the current photo with some responses to the previous photo you might learn something about how your own abilities work. You don't have to sit in the lotus position meditating on it for a week, you can just take a guess if you want. You might even find that the post you just put up here right now has a lot to do with the photo in a way that only you and your own symbolic internal language could possibly understand! Give it a shot.

i can understand a game but isn't that what belowtopsecret is for? and if it's a game why are people all "tree/EIFFEL TOWER same thing" not even close if it's a game why even say you were close, it's like saying the score when you aren't supposed to be keeping score in a pick up basketball game

i'm not going to try because you are telling me some numbers, how i could ever possibly begin to imagine where that envelope sits to try and see inside of it, what i will do is think and what will come to me is what ever my mind thinks of when i think of the numbers/letters on the envelope it's not remote viewing it's probably an agents test

you want to see what people think when they think about those numbers/letters

[edit on 22-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Thanks for wasting our time telling us that you're not contributing to the thread, but I guess you wouldn't be taking such effort to post something contrary if you weren't a little bit curious, like I was once.

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher
i'm not going to try because you are telling me some numbers, how i could ever possibly begin to imagine where that envelope sits to try and see inside of it, what i will do is think and what will come to me is what ever my mind thinks of when i think of the numbers/letters on the envelope it's not remote viewing it's probably an agents test

[edit on 22-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

No it's not remote viewing, but it's a blind target, set up with honest intentions, for people who honestly would like to give something like this a shot. From what I understand about it, the meaningless numbers are completely meaningless and are the only way "in" to what you might see but don't say anything in and of themselves.

They're just random numbers on the envelope holding the target. The more blind and impossible to "view" the better. You're not looking for anything with your eyes, right, you're looking through your eyes not with them as Blake wrote.

I would love to see a deeper discussion about the possibilities of remote viewing, people's experiences with it, what makes it different than other alternative means of getting information, what is similar, what works, what doesn't, what sorts of targets are worthwhile, what ones are a waste of time. I figured if there are any open minded people out there they might possibly be here, on Skunk Works.

You could do so much with RV, you don't even need an image (even though these last two targets have been images, since that's just the way I decided to do it). I could have just as easily written down "The Next President of the United States" of "A view on the surface of Venus" and to your mind, at least so I've been told, it's just the same as an image.

So if I write "The next President of the United States" and somebody draws a picture of a tall dapper man with dark skin and thinks maybe it's an actor they recognize, I would say that they're close to the target (assuming Obama wins the election), do you see what I mean? Even though I didn't put a photo of somebody there, the mind's eye would pick out images and symbols, not the actual photo.

So if there's a photo in an envelope in a city far away of the Eiffel Tower and somebody Remote Views it, and ventures a guess like "I see a tall tree, I smell metal, I see a child holding its parent's hand, it looks like a spider" well that's much closer to the symbolic mark compared to "I see a dry desert, I taste ocean air, I see a turtle", right?

Okay a nude Bea Arthur is a real stretch to link to the Eiffel Tower, but hey I'm an optimist and never pretended to be objective, I think you have way more latent ability for this sort of thing than you or I realize.

It's not a matter of trying very hard with your brain to see something, the harder you strain the harder it would be to see anything at all, you have to be open minded and relaxed or you will scare away the little subtle feelings. I probably wouldn't be very good at it either at first. Fortunately for me, I'm just the guy stuffing the envelope not putting his neck on the line and venturing a guess.

I think DogHead is brilliantly on the right road, posting the first thing that jumped into the mind, sneaking up on the subconscious mind before it can withdraw from all the attention. Certainly this is more than simply a game, I think it's a very good starting point for discussion.

I suggest you take a guess and keep it to yourself if you're more comfortable doing that, but do check in for the answer to see how close you came, who knows you might have the chops to be the next Ingo Swann and not even know it?

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Brock Gel]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Amazingly enough, my initial remote view was of a tower of some sort.

I will be looking forward to the next one, in which I may be able to post it before the answers are posted.

Edit:

Oh there is a new one.

RPAL/1473

My initial view was of a side profile of an SUV car, with the bumper facing towards the left. I will have another more deeper go at it another time this week. I am getting pretty tired.

-xmad

[edit on 23-1-2008 by xmaddness]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Aren't you going to try? What are your impressions? None of us are real psycics or trained remote viewers

Embarassingly enough I am I guess a trained remote viewer... AF psych tests at university and then intermittently from then on whenever it was the fad in the service. How embarassingly bad at it am I? I'm no Ingo Swann that's for damned sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Slight problem for me with this new one.

I think this code you wrote on the front has influenced my train of thought for all i can see is Ron Paul with a copy of the constituiton...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well there's an unexpected glimpse into my subconsciousness! I'll give you three guesses which candidate I've been thinking about lately!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I will be hoping to spend some time on this before it ends, but initial image of a green alien riding on the back of a giraffe. As I say I will spend more time and try drawing what I see, perhaps others would post drawings of thier impressions, it is always more revealing with RV.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
oh, how odd... i was just on my way here to read the latest post when i had the image of a green apple..and then i see talk of a green alien...hmmm

premonition..or remote view of the sealed picture?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

RPAL/1473

OK let's do it again! I sealed a picture in an envelope and wrote the above nonsense code on the front of the envelope. Please post your impressions, sketches, vibes, feelings, motions, images, guesses, etc. here and I will post the answer next Monday afternoon (January 28).

I most say I am very sceptic of remote viewing, but i'll give it a shot...

I think your nonsence code has a value, as you have written it after putting the picture in the envelope.

so RPAL is phonetically almost = Our Pal..as in a friend
and 1473 = 1+4+7+3= 15 and 1+6 = 6

so something with " freindly, female, flower, hexagon" would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I was reading this to my girlfriend- and when i told her that a new item was up for viewing she immediatley blurted "Bigfoot- I see Bigfoot!"- This was before i scrolled down and saw another post with the exact same answer....My vision is that of space- -planets in the background- with a landscape in the foreground-and for some reason verical lines or pillars- and a sense of movement-I also see it as being painted or drawn- maybe even a computer image. Now- taking both of our images together- I dont see this- but perhaps her and I are seeing different aspects of the same image- If it is the humanoid image on mars it would be really spooky. Hope my life doesnt turn into a sequel to "Mindscape" now......

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wait! don't tell me...
It's a friggin flying saucer.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

Your girlfriend could very well be right.

your assumption that it's the mars picture with the 'bigfoot' in it is a very good idea.

I hope you're both proved right

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join