It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says markets 'strong and solid'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Bush says markets 'strong and solid'

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Friday that while there is some uncertainty about slowing economic growth, the nation's "financial markets are strong and solid."
Bush spoke after getting an update from his top economic advisers, who are helping him decide whether to offer a package to stimulate the U.S. economy as it weathers the housing slump, rising oil prices and an uptick in unemployment.

"This economy of ours is on a solid foundation, but we can't take economic growth for granted," Bush said. "And there are signs that will cause us to be ever more diligent and make sure that good policies come out of Washington."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well good to know that our markets are 'strong and solid' after all the doom and gloom this week.
Whatever!
edit to add:
It seems that some didnt realize I was being sarchastic, let me just say um, yeah very sarchastic, Bush is an idiot.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-1-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well Thank God he has a plan...

For those of you who are paying more and are worried about your home, we understand that," Bush said. "That's why we have an aggressive policy to help creditworthy people stay in their homes."

Dripping with sarchasm

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bush is an idiot!
He wouldn't know the difference between a strong and solid market or a full-out depression. Heck the guy can't even say the word "Nuclear" properly.
Let me just say that based on this dolt's assesment of Iraq, Iran's alleged nukes, his handling of the N. Korean problem etc... I am not putting any stock in his assesment of the economy!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Strong and solid? Has he hired the Iraqi minister of information to write his speeches for him now?

How much has the dollar declined this year?
How many people have had their homes foreclosed on?
How many billions has the fed had to use to bail out banks?
How much more does fuel (both heating and driving) cost this year?
How much more does food cost now?
How many more people are unemployed?

I would imagine that yes, for him and his cronies, it is strong and solid. For the average American though.... not so much.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you believe Bush, I need to recommend a good book, The Empirers New Clothes.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Don't you mean

Emperors new clothes book

Audiobook

Whats he supposed to say, everyone is leaving the dollar, and he just has to do his act.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Of course he does. I mean, is this really news? Who in their right minds would think that Bush would actually come out and say "Uh-oh"?

Bush is a joke. We've got to start doing something different with how a President runs the nation, or we are just going to get worse and worse.

In fact, my money says that if 35% of the people lived in tents, he would STILL say everything's o.k.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Boy I tell ya Bush is in some kind of denial stage here to the extreme.I mean he must be asleep and only woken up for certain events.Right now he is reminding me alot of this guy.

youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
By the way, how's the dollar doing?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Well yeah it's real news, it was on the front page of Yahoo.
In all seriousness, this kind of BS needs to be discussed, here's why...
I will call my sister this evening and one way or another we will get on the conversation of "America yesterday, today and the future.." I will start talking about the 5% unemployment, the housing market, retail sag, and all of the rest of our economic woes and my sister will say " Yes but President Bush said our markets were strong (and I tend to believe the pres over your tinhat message)"
My sister (friend, neighbor, cousin, aunt, uncle, brother, boss etc.) is not stupid really, she just believes what she is told like a good little girl. She is in the upper half of the middle class and her hubby works for the ATF (and received not only a 4% raise this year but also a 10% COST OF LIVING RAISE) the "economy" hasnt hit her yet she honestly doesnt have a clue and when I try to warn her, well she just thinks I am a conspiracy nut.
I can't force her to listen to me, I try to show her the proof but her answer is "Well if you look hard enough I am sure you could find solid proof for the lochness monster" and that type of dismissal.
It's sad really how much our country shoves their heads into the ground and says "nope not happenin'"
But anyway thats why its news, because it's so absurd but mainly because it is so believed, thats why its news.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Mission accomplished don't ya know. He has been delusional, pompous, arrogant, and the complete dolt the PTB want him to be. His families new digs in Peru should serve him well as we slide headlong into tumult. Hope they have lots of pretzels down there too. A million kissing bugs in his bed linen. I cannot ever remember such deep disaproval of an elected? president more.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If you have made billions while being president, of course the economy is good, and solid.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Halliburton been very very good to me. I'd put in a rofl or a lol smiley face but I just can't. It is no laughing matter. How in God's name have we allowed these baffoons to rape and pillage the US? Get away with shotgun blasts to the face on pheasant hunts. Poo poo the constitution as a 'piece of paper', I'd cry, but I have no more tears left.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No government will come out and say " People! We are in recession!)

Its not going to happen. They will always squeeze out the B.S. no matter what the economy looks like.

This part made me mad though:

"We have got to understand that if we are worried about gasoline prices, we ought to expand refineries here in the United States, and we ought to explore for oil and gas in environmentally friendly ways in the United States," he said.

The United States gets a good chunk of its oil from Canada. Why do we have to pay so much in the first place?

Especially here in my country (Canada). It really pisses me off when they blame high prices on world turmoil.

What are these giant tar sands projects for? What is all the drilling for? The last time I checked, there is no military activity happening in the tar sands.

Bah.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sometimes I think people have no sense of reality when it comes to politics. The last thing you want any elected official to do is say "OMG OMG OMG WERE ALL GOING TO DIEEEE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE SELL SELL SELL!!!111"

If you think ANY President is EVER going to come out and proclaim doom and gloom, your nuts. The only time politicians even dare is when its a political move to make it look like the opposite party is responsible for the doom and gloom.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Ok, I've got to raise the BS flag here. Whether you like or dislike Bush is irrelevant, but making outright ludicrous assertions due to your dislike(i.e. made billions as President), weakens your credibility. I'd love to see one single piece of evidence that would corroborate that statement. There's a big difference in wishing something to be true, and having the proof to show that it is in fact true.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So it looks much worse than it really is.

A: The price of oil reaching $100 was a prank.
B: The markets have been declared strong and solid.

No need to worry President Bush has it all under control.

Anyone else smell the stuff that bull fighters step in?
Why do they think we are so stupid? Its not even a good attempt to lie.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
reply to post by andy1033

Ok, I've got to raise the BS flag here. Whether you like or dislike Bush is irrelevant, but making outright ludicrous assertions due to your dislike(i.e. made billions as President), weakens your credibility. I'd love to see one single piece of evidence that would corroborate that statement. There's a big difference in wishing something to be true, and having the proof to show that it is in fact true.

We live in a tabloid newspaper world, and your telling me i cannot say something like that. If anyone here thinks that bush, did not make money outta of being president is very naive to say the least. Why would putin be able to make vast amounts of money in a country like russia(the story over the last few weeks) and bush cannot do the same in the usa.

I am not saying its wrong, but when you have money like those geezers have, you will not be thinking the world is a grey place.

Everyone said that it was cheney that was making all the money with his haliburton links, but are you telling me, bush did not make money while he was in office. Of course i do not have proof, but in this world where do you need proof for anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, he also said Iraq still was going forward with their WMD when we invaded them.

The Reach Of War: Intelligence; C.I.A. Held Back Iraqi Arms Data, U.S. Officials Say

You just can't believe anything that comes out of the mans mouth, well, sometimes, whether he's just blatantly lying or or being misinformed, I don't really know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join