It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says markets 'strong and solid'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Does anyone listen to Bush anymore? His credibility isn't exactly "top notch"...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

thank you see im glad i got a chance to read what it said before being altered.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
IF Bush says its going strong..
Id begin to worry!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just hope the guy stays quite for the rest of this year... the man is a bafoon. Impeaching him would be a godsend... but seeing as how his term is almost up... no one cares... killing him off might be better

But needless to say, hopefully this is the last we have to hear about him and how he's driving our country in the ground. Glad i didn't vote for him in the last election..

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OK, let see what is going on right now in American, no good pay jobs, housing crash, a holiday on credit spending spree and more banks and financial institutions joining th right outs still unaccounted for.

Is a political year, an election year, yes he can never give in to anything negative.

So in this corporate ridden government he is right, the economy is strong and solid.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No good paying jobs? Where is that coming from? Is there any data supporting that conclusion that job wages are declining? Last time I checked they were going up. Americans that are foolish enough to think they have no option, but to spend thousands worth on credit should get whatever they deserve for being so fiscally irresponsible...and that can be applied in many of the cases brought up in regards to the current economy.
People like to play the blame game because it's easy, too bad it's not so easy admitting that they create their own economic status by mismanaging their finances.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

My friend I will never make any up for the fun of it.

This links will tell you what is going on in American today.

Life in American is not looking good for many hard working Americans, so to say that we are doing good is a plain lie

OUR "PROSPERITY" IS AN ILLUSION SUPPORTED BY DEBT, DECEPTION & IMPORTS

www.economyincrisis.org...

U.S. Financial Crisis Worsening! by Mike Larson

www.moneyandmarkets.com...

Jobs weak, unemployment soars

money.cnn.com...

Self-Serving Lies Destroyed the American Dream

Passing On Debt to Our Children

www.economyincrisis.org...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Bush at least knows how to lie and he is very good at it!

This could be a rough day for the markets, NZ and AUST are down and the Nikkei Futures are down. Unfortunately everyone forgets that employment is a lagging indicator, we are more than likely already in a recession. I work in a fortune 500 company and our management meeting for the 1st of the year was dismal to say the least!

Nikkei Futures Down!

World Stock Market Reports

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
tevis69:

Your desire to kill off the President has been forwarded to the proper authorities for review. I think they're over in the Treasury Dept.

And I would do the same if someone was wanting to kill a left-wing Commander-in-Chief as well.

Remember:
Big Brother is watching, listening, and only those who have nothing to worry about don't have a problem with it.

Have a Happy New Year....and someday you might re-think your position of wanting to kill the President.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LiamStemrad

So you didn't like tevis69 post and now he have to watch his back because you call the proper authorities

Interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You DO know there is such a thing as lying too many times, so many times that you will begin beleiving what you say?

I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LiamStemrad

I think President Bush has bigger fish to fry than tevis.
Just who are the "proper" authorities?
You got a hot line to the secret service???
While I by no means support tevis's views, I believe he has the right to have those views. He did not say he was going to commit such a horrible act, a little more common sense would do us all some good.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Please stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nooo! Not another tax cut!
I emailed Bush after the last one, pleading with him for no more.

I told him that, before I could go out and stimulate the economy by going shopping with my new money, I got notices from my health insurance, my car insurance, and my homeowners insurance, saying that there would be increases in premiums.

I ended up with no extra money!

Here's what I noticed about the "markets", and other retail establishments, during the holiday season--piles of Christmas goods untouched on racks, unsold goods (more than in past years) after the holiday, piles of Christmas trees unsold (when normally there would have been none leftover). No offers of free turkeys/hams with so many dollars spent. The dollars just were not there to spend.

The Wall Street "markets" he and other wealthy people shop in are not the same "markets" the rest of us shop in.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think wishing for the man dead is a little over the top.I don't wish that upon anyone.The man is still another human being,he does have family also. He has made a lot of terrible decisions and done a lot of terrible things in his position. I feel he should in fact be held accountable for these actions, as we all should in our lives.If we as a human race are going to evolve to a higher plane of existence then we better start soon or we are all done for.....not just the U.S.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

The psychology behind the tax cuts is to make the once middle class in this country now in the ranks of low wages employment, foreclosures and credit debt that the government cares and is doing something about it.

So go out there and keep spending the money they don't have because you are going to get another tax brake.

Taking into consideration the mess we are now economically with his last tax brake it seems that the situation have not improved much since then and is bound to get worst no matter what.

Because is not about tax cuts, is about spending habits, national debt, lost of industries that used to supply good jobs and sustain the middle class in this country and is about multi billion dollars wars.

But you bet that amid all this somebody is reaping healthy profits and benefits, but too bad is not the regular American Joe with are stuck with the bills.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I wonder what Mr. Bush has to say about the reports been released today that is predicting the 50 pct in our road to reccession.

It seems that this morning employment reports are not supporting Mr. Bush optimism.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes and I would like to direct others to this thread for even more information on our economy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiamStemrad

Where is the love? All you bring is hate. Every thread I see you on, nothing but obtuse venom spewing from your keyboard. I sure hope someone's campaign is paying you.

DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Bush convenes Plunge Protection Team
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, International Business Editor
Last Updated: 1:20pm GMT 07/01/2008

Bears beware. The New Deal of 2008 is in the works. The US Treasury is about to shower households with rebate cheques to head off a full-blown slump, and save the Bush presidency. On Friday, Mr Bush convened the so-called Plunge Protection Team for its first known meeting in the Oval Office. The black arts unit - officially the President's Working Group on Financial Markets - was created after the 1987 crash.
Full Text

How many times did 'The Decider' repeat the phrase; "In times of uncertainty" today? A not so subtle mantra designed to....? If anyone else noticed this over-emphasis, I'd be interested in your take

tia

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join