It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from yet another newbie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I'm new....very new. I have been digging through the site for a little over a week and have barely scratched the surface.

I work in the film industry but spent a year in 2003 working with a top secret agency surrounded by survivalists, doomsdayers, government agents and spooks. All very lovely people but they kinda freaked me out at the time. Sometimes a person can get too much truth at one sitting. Took me a couple of years to digest all of it.

I'm located in the desert southwest of the United States, believe in God, aliens, the Bilderbergers, media manipulation, and secret societies (though I don't belong to any. )

I hate paying taxes, have very little faith in the economy, would rather not work in Hollywood, and think the Iowa Caucus is a waste of time and money.

I've been married for 29 years, have two grown children, three rat terriers and a mortgage which I'm trying to pay off quickly. I do my best to be aware of my carbon footprint but I often fail. I drive a Mini Cooper, miss my Expedition and am trying to learn to grow some of my own food. (I do NOT have a green thumb)

I love to learn new things, am very open minded but at the same time cautious. I worked for a short period of time in Mexico City, Mexico and Durham, England, for the University of Durham's geography dept. Love England, love Castle Eden...still cannot master the grilled onion and cheese sandwich I enjoyed at the local pub while in Durham.

So, that was probably more info than anyone wanted...but there it is. I'm elated to have found this site. I love the information overload and hope to have time to continue to dig between the crevices and find the golden nuggets which I know are buried throughout ATS.

Thanks to all those who make this website possible.

Ta,

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jacks56

Welcome, Jacks56!

Welcome, !

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

[edit on 2008/1/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hey Grady,

Thanks for the welcome and the hints/links - both are greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hey Jacks.

I just adopted you in the Adopt a Newbie thread.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow...thanks! I'll take this over to the other thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Look forward to reading your posts and threads

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome.

The postings on this site are amazing. I start reading and before you know it 2 or 3 hours have zipped..I'm totally hooked. I'll never get the garage cleaned out if I keep this up.

I hope I can muster some posts worth reading.

new topics

top topics

join