It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Dollars No Longer Accepted at Indian Tourist Sites

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium

Originally posted by Question

Why would big oil companies want to do that when all they have to do is move their operations out of the country, milk the oil for all its worth, and get cheaper labor to boot, it's a win-win situation for them and it's a lot cheaper than making new factories and hiring new labor for this new energy source. To them, Green is all that matters, not how their actions will affect the people

You must work for corperate America. You nailed it exactly. Are you going green or getting the green?

LOL I don't think I'd ever work for the big whigs at oil companies. But it is somewhat of re-told story in my family circle. When I was younger, and even still to this day, when I get together with my father, the only thing we talk about is politics and the situations around the world. There are things I know I've read, there are things he knows he's seen or read as well, and alternate forms of energy is one that he talks about as well. As for me, I'd love to be able to go green (as in, use solar panels, wind, get an electric car etc.) but unfortunately it's too expensive for me at the moment.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

LOL I don't think I'd ever work for the big whigs at oil companies. But it is somewhat of re-told story in my family circle. When I was younger, and even still to this day, when I get together with my father, the only thing we talk about is politics and the situations around the world. There are things I know I've read, there are things he knows he's seen or read as well, and alternate forms of energy is one that he talks about as well. As for me, I'd love to be able to go green (as in, use solar panels, wind, get an electric car etc.) but unfortunately it's too expensive for me at the moment.

You got that right! I have looked into what I can do at my house to help go greener bit by bit.

Solar panels - Banned by my Homeowner association.
Wind machine generators - Also banned by my homeowner association.
I have no yard to grow my own fuits or veggies.
Compost heap bins are banned if your neighbors can smell it.

About the only I can do is put a water recycling kit to recycle waste water from my sinks, into the toilet. Which I will install this spring.

I am also looking into building or converting an electric generator into hydrogen powered instead of gas powered. I think this can be done. May need to research higher effeciancy mechanisms to swap out lower effeciancy stock mechanisms on the electric generator. I want to be able to depend less on others and more on my own abilities to create, regenerate, recycle, etc... my own resources for personal use.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by manson_322

Yes you are right India is now starting to buy our debt also, how ironic how the world turns and turns around and still people here in America are still living in oblivion.

Yep.. thats the beauty of America. I can be totally immersed in my own reality without being harnessed with the problems of the world.

And I dooo love it... now back to my HDTV.. Project Runway is on...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Why would big oil companies want to do that when all they have to do is move their operations out of the country, milk the oil for all its worth, and get cheaper labor to boot, it's a win-win situation for them and it's a lot cheaper than making new factories and hiring new labor for this new energy source. To them, Green is all that matters, not how their actions will affect the people

You must work for corperate America. You nailed it exactly. Are you going green or getting the green?

Peronally I am GETTING THE GREEN!!!! As I sit in front of my 24" imac whislt watching my HDTV from across the room.... Sometimes I leave the water run to... just because I can :-)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Wow! What the heck? Another crappy pointless war of words between the East and the West! Let's grow up some. We're all in it together. We are the world! It's time to band up to find solutions, instead of getting vicarious pleasure at someone's discomfiture.

Those are my thoughts exactly, people cuttin off their nose to spite their own face,

We are a global community

All things are connected, like the blood which unites one family.
We do not weave the web of life.
We are but a strand in the web of life.
What we do to the web we do to ourselves.

Chief Seattle was said to have said this, if not it still rings true,

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Pvt. Gizmo:

I agree with your assertion that CharlesManson322 hates American and takes glee in anything negative reported about the greatest country on this planet, USA.

However, I don't agree with your statement that our President doesn't care about our problems here at home.

There are not really that many Americans losing their homes. Don't believe the propaganda from the drive-by media on that one. Really investigate on your own and realize that our economy is almost the best it's ever been. Yes, it has it's cycles of dipping down and then raising up, but in general we are a nation that leads the world as far as economies go.

Happy New Year to you

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by forty six _ two
reply to post by Gools

LOL...well they've never accepted Rupees at Disneyland. Why should Americans care if the dollar is weak against the Rupee? Personally I have never, and probably never will, buy a : computer from (as in "manufactured in") India (invented and assembled by and Indian company)...car from Pakistan...electronics from Saudi Arabia...software from Turkey....cellphone from Afghanistan...medicine from Uruguay...etc and so on. Not because I have a personal embargo on these countries, but because they DON"T MAKE A DARN THING I WANT OR NEED. Oh...accept for the oil of course. We all know that jig will be up soon enough. Hope the Saudis have good 401K plans. When the oil runs out they're D 4 DUN. Please don't mistake our American independence for arrogance. You'll have to agree that while our Government at times has done some questionable things, a lot of good has originated here too. Things which make life better for all of humanity. Like the internet you're using now. Oh....I almost forgot....I will have to call the Indian gents to whom I've been outsourcing my tech help line and let them know I can no longer afford their services. Gonna move it back Stateside. That whole dollar rupee thing makes them unaffordable.

I could not have said this any better. Great post.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Everyone needs to watch these three movies and many more Money Banking and the Federal Reserve, Freedom To Fascism, Money Masters How Iternational Bankers Control The World. For all the best conspiracy movies go here.
www.nw0.info.../
Welcome to nw0.info! #New_World_Order @ irc.efnet.net

Please Learn And Spread the Knowledge Perhaps we will yet live free in our land!

[edit on 6-1-2008 by PaulKCA]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Would pseudo-Muslim extremists eye American dollars in the marketplace with hackles? (This is a minimal response, but I feel it's worth considering).

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Tells you how ingrained the stereotypes are in my brain.. I thought this had to do with the recent Sioux Nation Succession. I was thinking it was ironic that they would still need tourism dollars... oops...
Thanks Television and Pop Culture and Hundreds of Years of Bigotry!

DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You got that right! I have looked into what I can do at my house to help go greener bit by bit.

Solar panels - Banned by my Homeowner association.
Wind machine generators - Also banned by my homeowner association.
I have no yard to grow my own fuits or veggies.
Compost heap bins are banned if your neighbors can smell it.

About the only I can do is put a water recycling kit to recycle waste water from my sinks, into the toilet. Which I will install this spring.

I am also looking into building or converting an electric generator into hydrogen powered instead of gas powered. I think this can be done. May need to research higher effeciancy mechanisms to swap out lower effeciancy stock mechanisms on the electric generator. I want to be able to depend less on others and more on my own abilities to create, regenerate, recycle, etc... my own resources for personal use.

Why were the solar panels and wind power banned? Are they serious? What's with this double standard BS? I remember hearing in the news that they were trying to encourage americans to go more green for the same reasons. That's nice, but how can we do it if we're not being allowed????

If you have an economic plan on how I can go more green, please let me know because I'm very certain that this is going to be very important in the future once the economy collapses and it literally becomes a "dog eat dog" world

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
What I find appalling is how some of you are posting in what seems delight in the falling of our dollar and the impending doom of the American people, for we are the ones that will suffer from the final collapse.Families are loosing their homes and being put on the street and loosing their life savings, and we have a leader that seems to care more about other countries than his own people. You know I can remember how the American people would open their hearts and dollars to people around the world who were in need by sending money and food to impoverished nations,providing medicines were needed and yet people such as you manson_322 find delight in all of this with your smiley faces.Your post makes me ill knowing you find amusement from it all.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

So you don't like America as the sole super power. I'm sure the soviets and the chinese are soo much better. Running people over with tanks. Holding nations completely hostage with weapons. Give me a break your full of # and nieve. Whom ever the super power is is always going to portray power hence the name super power. It has happened so many times in the past, the romans, greeks, persians, Egyptians, and the list goes on. The fact that the super power attempts to give nations a choice is a drastically different way then the soviet union took over the eastren europe. What people fail to realize i think is that if America isn't the super power someone else will be. All of the aspiring super powers are building there navy in an effort to take over global dominance. So let me ask you, do you think China will kill less? Or will they just turn a blind eye to any genocide and let people die. I am by no means saying that America is perfect, but America is great. I don't think the world would be so happy if the soviet union and there oppressive views were forced on everyone else.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BS I EVER READ...

YOU MURDERED A 2 MILLION PEOPLE IN IRAQ FOR OIL
CREATED ISLAMIC TERROR THAT HAS LED TO DEATHS OF MILLIONS

IMPOVERISHED MILLIONS THROUGH EXPOLITATION GENOCIDE AND STARVATION

[B]fact is that most americans are arrogant , and use propanganda to hide their war crimes against humanity[/B]

have you ever seen journalist John Pilger 's documentary "War on democracy , do see it and , you wil realise how USA has murdered millions in latin America and across the world
the entire documentary

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Yeah, I think "haji" might mean "arrogant" in California-ese. But how did the "white boys" know? Fortunate thing that india has no arrogance among it's billion + consuming and polluting people. Sadly, sounds like there might be some racial envy mixed in with the other envy I mentioned earlier.

still they are less polluting than US people , who drive around useless polluting inefficient SUV garbage and think that driving a small car means being poor , height of american arrogance

My suv sure seems efficent for tooting my 3 kids around and towing my things when I need to. Just because everyone cant afford and suv doesn't mean there useless. What do you base your facts on saying that they are useless? Where do you get your data? If they are so useless why do people buy them. I know, us americans are saying how can I not only pollute more, but spend more of my money on gas. Your logic here is idiotic. SUV's are very usefull off road and or for large families.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
What I find appalling is how some of you are posting in what seems delight in the falling of our dollar and the impending doom of the American people, for we are the ones that will suffer from the final collapse.Families are loosing their homes and being put on the street and loosing their life savings, and we have a leader that seems to care more about other countries than his own people. You know I can remember how the American people would open their hearts and dollars to people around the world who were in need by sending money and food to impoverished nations,providing medicines were needed and yet people such as you manson_322 find delight in all of this with your smiley faces.Your post makes me ill knowing you find amusement from it all.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BS I EVER READ...

YOU MURDERED A 2 MILLION PEOPLE IN IRAQ FOR OIL
CREATED ISLAMIC TERROR THAT HAS LED TO DEATHS OF MILLIONS

IMPOVERISHED MILLIONS THROUGH EXPOLITATION GENOCIDE AND STARVATION

[B]fact is that most americans are arrogant , and use propanganda to hide their war crimes against humanity[/B]

have you ever seen journalist John Pilger 's documentary "War on democracy , do see it and , you wil realise how USA has murdered millions in latin America and across the world
the entire documentary

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

off topic

OK since we are talking about BS, lets talk about your stance. I'm sick of everyone blaming all of the worlds problems on the US. There will always be superpowers who will project there "super power" over others. Do you think things would be different if China was the sole super power. I sure like how they deal with there local domestic problems. Don't agree with the government and get run over a tank. Same thing goes for russia...don't want to join the union, then get run over with a tank. Not that this war was just or justified, but don't act like everyone elses # doesnt stink. who ever is in power is going to use it to maintain control point blank. I personally feel its better that its a free scociety then an oppressive one as a super power right now.

on topic

Whether the world wants to admit it or not, we are there biggest customer. they may hate the way americans live, but it sure seems to keep most of the worlds economy going. If we can't afford to buy ur products in india and you can't either who will then?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join