It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Dollars No Longer Accepted at Indian Tourist Sites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Now_Then,
While your post is hard to read given the strange way you constructed your responses might I point out yet again that the American people are not your enemy and we are not the ones doing the global waring etc,etc,etc. It is the government officials that are doing these things.Not all of us in this country voted for the guy in office so stop blaming the American people.I'm not blaming all the Arabs in the world for the murderous and indiscriminate suicide bombings of innocent people many of which include children by a group of radicals.

It seems to me these day's we the "people of America" are held accountable for everything that happens in the world today...so before you point your high and mighty fingers at us look in the mirror and your own taudrey past.Every country has one.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
India used to have a lot of silver. I do not know where they got it from, but they had tons of it, before the English carried it off, as taxes. India could probubly mine some more silver and make their own money, at home, without having to buy any from other countries. They could go back to being a rich land like they were, and should be.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I agree, what is happening to American is the doing of a government been run unrestricted by corporate entities.

Sometimes I wonder when American is going to wake up and see that our nation is not longer under the American people control.

As more and more of our nation is sold to private foreign interest one day it will be torn apart by the different groups that had bought our nation.

As developing nations gets wealthier our nation will be turned into a trash dumping ground, by then we will have lost our sovereignty to the north American union.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

One trip to California does not mean you know all Americans. California works in a vortex first of all. That is like me saying that I understand all Europeans just from visiting France.

And everyone,
Americans included, need to get off the gloom and doom bandwagon.

We have suffered many hardships before and have come out just fine.

Just in the last great depression there was 20% unemployment and long breaad lines, and the right leaders got us out of it.

which makes the next election very important.

Americans do take action, there was volumes spoken when we voted and shifted the power in congress. Congress failed us anyways.

so this next election is a wild card free for all, and anything can happen.

We are silently watching what is going to happen. To see which candidate can run the gauntlet, therefore putting them in the limelight.

Americans know that the scenario can change at any time, and so are reluctant to say who they are supporting till after the elections.
Politics tends to be the most, and least talked about subject.

But it doesn't mean we are not paying attention.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
You know I can remember how the American people would open their hearts and dollars to people around the world who were in need by sending money and food to impoverished nations,providing medicines were needed and yet people such as you manson_322 find delight in all of this with your smiley faces.Your post makes me ill knowing you find amusement from it all.

You know there was some kind of research thing once.
Conclusion: People from The Netherlands gave more cash to charity on average, but less in total.
People from America gave less cash to charity on average, but more in total.
Aka:
Americans gave eg.: 1 euro worth of stuff.
Dutch people gave eg.: 10 euro's worth of stuff.

But because of the giant american population, in the end they ''gave'' more euros worth of stuff as a whole.

Now if you, the once wealthiest powerhouse of the world, opened up your hearts and dollars to the poor, how come that other people that were equal or less wealthy still gave more to the poor?

I wouldn't use that as a proper ''argument'' against the ''america bashers'', as it's not like you're any more special than anyone else with your ''heart opening'' ''dollar donating'' actions.

I do think america will recover some way though, don't know when, but they'll probably recover.

[edit on 3/1/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The only problem this time is that our nation economy when it comes to the consumers of this nation is base on credit, meaning that what is spend has not actual financial backing or liquidity.

So we will be hit harder.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

America, the Most Charitable Nation in the World

Americans are the most charitable people in the world. That is not just a generous exaggeration. The voluntary giving of the American people during times of need has been documented in many different studies. These studies show that Americans will give far more towards helping out their fellow man, in times of trouble, than any other private citizenry in the world. Here are statistics some of those studies have shown.

* The American private citizens gave 1.78 billion dollars in relief when a terrible tsunami hit Asia. This giving was above and beyond what the United States Government gave in aid. Bringing relief to the suffering is in the very fabric of the American psyche. The Citizens of the US don't just give lip service to helping they reach out with their pocketbooks and with themselves in volunteerism. The very size of the dollars given dwarfs what any other developed nation could contribute.

* In a few short months after the devastating Asian tsunami a major earthquake hit Pakistan causing great devastation there. The American people stepped up and gave 78 million dollars to aid the suffering there.

* When America's own coastal areas got hit with hurricanes our people began sending in needed funds for rebuilding and relief. When hurricane's Katrina and Rita hit our shores, Americans responded and gave 3.12 billion dollars and relief efforts are still underway today.

The generosity of Americans shines through year after year in their willingness to give in big needs and in little needs. Americans donate an estimated one-quarter of a trillion dollars to charities such as the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army and The American Cancer Society. This is in addition to what they give through their places of worship.

It is interesting to note how some places in the world view Americans as selfish and spoiled when this is the exact opposite of the truth. This view of America serves the interest of certain groups or countries that would like that image to remain. An important part of the American dream is and always will be expressed in giving to others needs.

By Ready Writer, published May 07, 2007
www.associatedcontent.com

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's only a pity so much of that charity was put on le plastique fantastique too. Even having to borrow to give to charity, doesn't that just about say it all ?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think that people trying to talk reason into anti-American bigots on this forum are doing them too much of a favor. To those idiots who cheer at American problems and even death of Americans -- get lost! ... from the bottom of my heart.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Allthough i would have to agree with apposing views on both sides here, it might be worth bearing in mind that this is how we start losing focus.

Regardless of how badly the dollar suffers, in the long run, we will all suffer.

Nevertheless, hopefully once the economy starts to settle, hopefully then we will regain focus, and go to the root of the problems, starting with the eye.

Oh, sorry, the Asians and Russians have allready put this in motion...

ps... Henry Paulson shot dead!!! (use signature link)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

It's only a pity so much of that charity was put on le plastique fantastique too. Even having to borrow to give to charity, doesn't that just about say it all ?

This is the last time I am going to comment about any of this it does not matter since so many hate me and many of my fellow Americans simply because I(we) are American.Niall197 I don't see you providing any info or proof to back up your post so it means about as much to me as the dog mess I stepped in this morning and scraped off.That being said I wish no ill will on anyone of you or anyone in the world and hope everyone has a wonderful life.Love life and love your fellow man. Peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
Aka:
Americans gave eg.: 1 euro worth of stuff.
Dutch people gave eg.: 10 euro's worth of stuff.

But because of the giant american population, in the end they ''gave'' more euros worth of stuff as a whole.

[edit on 3/1/08 by -0mega-]

Let's be real and smart here.

If we (quite correctly) look at this "who gives the most" issue from the point of the needy people receiving the aid, you will find that to them "quantity" means more than "quality". In other words, they won't give a ratz a$$ that the dutch gave more per person, because they actually received more from the U.S.

Simple, really.

And it proves that the U.S., in fact, is the largest benefactor to the needy of the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
sadly your nation is arrogant

And Indians are not? What Caste are you? One that allows you to wear shoes in the presence of your betters I hope

untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables untouchables

news.nationalgeographic.com...

You make me laugh...

[edit on 3-1-2008 by sobolwolf]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Let's be real and smart here.

Yes let's... do you prefer western civilization, or do you prefer to live under some crazed totalitarian fool. If not for the US our standard of life would be crap... When I say "our" I mean westerners, I couldn't really give a poo about the others, we are the masters and I am happy with it like this.

The people that carry on about "americans" are just jealous, US has paid it's dues, why should they give you a hand out? Fix your crappy countries instead of whining for gods sake

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

What I find appalling is how some of you are posting in what seems delight in the falling of our dollar and the impending doom of the American people, for we are the ones that will suffer from the final collapse.Families are loosing their homes and being put on the street and loosing their life savings, and we have a leader that seems to care more about other countries than his own people. You know I can remember how the American people would open their hearts and dollars to people around the world who were in need by sending money and food to impoverished nations,providing medicines were needed and yet people such as you manson_322 find delight in all of this with your smiley faces.Your post makes me ill knowing you find amusement from it all.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BS I EVER READ...

YOU MURDERED A 2 MILLION PEOPLE IN IRAQ FOR OIL
CREATED ISLAMIC TERROR THAT HAS LED TO DEATHS OF MILLIONS

IMPOVERISHED MILLIONS THROUGH EXPOLITATION GENOCIDE AND STARVATION

[B]fact is that most americans are arrogant , and use propanganda to hide their war crimes against humanity[/B]

have you ever seen journalist John Pilger 's documentary "War on democracy , do see it and , you wil realise how USA has murdered millions in latin America and across the world
the entire documentary

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

"You"? What do you mean "you"? I am an American and have not killed, tortured, threatened or blasphemed. Don't count me in this group.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Who cares? So what? This isn't even worth posting, except of course if your intention was to stir up trouble on this board.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Clear case of trolling indeed.

As for the US$ woes- the underlying problem will be China, which has bought up American debt. This is a powerful weapon for their war when their military completes its modernisation. The scheduled date: 2012. Fiddle dee dee.

As for India turning down greenbacks, I've never known an Indian who turned down any form of legal currency. Let's face it, all of the races of barbarians would pick up dog$h!t if they thought it was worth two cents each.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

What I find appalling is how some of you are posting in what seems delight in the falling of our dollar and the impending doom of the American people, for we are the ones that will suffer from the final collapse.Families are loosing their homes and being put on the street and loosing their life savings, and we have a leader that seems to care more about other countries than his own people. You know I can remember how the American people would open their hearts and dollars to people around the world who were in need by sending money and food to impoverished nations,providing medicines were needed and yet people such as you manson_322 find delight in all of this with your smiley faces.Your post makes me ill knowing you find amusement from it all.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by CaptGizmo]

All of the poor Americans losing their homes and the others you cry for DID IT TO THEMSELVES. Yes, I love seeing people get what they deserve of course the same is not true for me getting what I deserve. Anyway, when a country (USA) turns into the type of country the USA has, it is time for change. Sad but true.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pc is here

You didnt do anything to stop it.. Not saying you could but you didnt.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

Well guess what? Americans wont be the only one's feeling the hurt. Sooner or later its going to affect everyone, and the last thing we need is people sitting on their high horse saying they are any better, because they aren't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join