It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British people are NOT stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Mackem...and proud
You?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well I will play stupid American and confess that I have a deliciously banal love of British tabloids. My favorite is the Mirror, I confess. In between the obscenely rude and candid shots of Sienna Miller and Rhys Ifans, I have managed to learn quite a bit about the perceptions of Brits on their NHS, the shortage of midwives, the overabundance of middle class binge drinkers in Surrey, the flaws of Roy Meadows, and quite a few other things that plunge a depth that you would never get to on MSNBC which is full of nothing but adverts disguised as journalism.

Plus I will tell you that the Guardian trumps the NYTs in the fact that it truly feels like it has a sense of the international pulse, possibly due to a continental proximity advantage, and the Guardian is terribly English sometimes in embracing it's cultural wet blanket of banality.

But stupid, no. I think Americans would choose a substantial degree of stupid for cable television and a full belly of hydrogenated fats any day of the week.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shmoo006

Other, County Durham.
Useless Football Team, Crap League, allthough this year was supposed to be our year, things seem to be going a bit pear shaped at present.
Sure you can guess where I'm from now.

Back on thread, yeah, agree with your sentiments about town centres on weekends, chaos!
I'm sure any foreigner observing the usual weekend proceedings would consider us Brits as stupid.
It's a sad reflection on us really.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I agree, i would love to say its the minority that participates in these booze sessions but isnt at all. Brits with sanity and credibility under the age of, lets say 30 are a rare breed
Hand on heart Rule Britannia!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The problem is that there is nowhere or nothing else for them to vent their anger or energy towards.
Credibility, that's a Stone Island jumper nowadays isn't it?

Edit. My poor spelling, again, as usual.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ruled the largest empire till the US broke that up......lol

And figured out they couldnt beat us with force...Now theyre infiltrating our politics to take control again with people like "Lord Bush" and cousin "Lord Tony Blair" (I will admit their people woke up first and tossed him out on his arse) Before us....But as we all know we are getting smarter and shutting ours down (RP ring a bell?)......I do not think the British people in general have any prejudice what so ever towards us but I deffinetly think theyre govt would love to have more control over us "like the good ole days"....

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

A Stone Island jumper or those tribal things shaved into the side of their empty little heads

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

Well, you seem to be one of the few American's here on ATS who doesn't believe the deluded notion that Britain actually owns the US, what with The Federal Bank and all that.

We Brits have no ill feeling towards the US,
, why should we?
We've outgrown that, animosity is for the young, maturity enables you to see beyond such trivialities.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

Having visited Britain many times over the years, I hate to say it but that video is pretty accurate. Most educated british people fled the country years ago.... And if you ever experienced the weather there, you'd know why.

J.

link   

The trackie bottoms tucked into a pair of white socks is the killer for me

At least Stone Island had credibility in some circles once over, now every young wannabe wears it

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Freeborn]

link   

I agree on your point about Brits having nothing against the US, its just something that has been fermented by the media and has become some sort of stereotype

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shmoo006

I agree, i would love to say its the minority that participates in these booze sessions but isnt at all. Brits with sanity and credibility under the age of, lets say 30 are a rare breed
Hand on heart Rule Britannia!

Yes, that's been my experience too. ALthough I'd push that age up to about 45 myself. The place is a mess I'm afraid..

J.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Shall we just start a 'Chav' post on the Mythical Creatures section

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I agree to an extent, i believe it gets worse the further south you got, i live in the north east and it aint too bad, but its bad enough. However, i have family in Leicester and i come and go from there quite alot and you get a hell of alot of characters down there. I have bumped into some real nutters down there

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If only they were Mythical Creatures, they are real enough!
It's the "Chav" parents that really kill me

What chance have the kids got when they see their parents acting like they do?

Perhaps the Alien section would be more appropriate?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yeah, some parent just dont care to an extent you wouldnt believe. As harsh as it may seem people like that should not be allowed children, it may be the only solution...
Leeches on society

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hah, the number of times I have suggested steralisation for some people.

I am very aware that leaves me open to accusations of all kinds from across the political and social spectrum but surely, If people could see how these inbred, morons behave they would surely agree with us.

I am not naturally of a reactionary persuassion but these people are evidence for de-evolution and are contributing to the decay of the very fabric of British Society.

Apologies for the rant!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Looking at modern day UK, its like that old Corn Flakes TV add but backwards. Soon they will be spawning "childern" with hairy palms (im not laughing). You need to see it to believe it, me and Freeborn clearly have and we must walk amongst these people day by day. However, you could argue that most nations look upon particular stereotypes within their borders in the same way as we look at our 'chav' population.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I’d have to say British people…English people……are about as smart as people from every other country…..makes sense…………………although, people who live in religious controlled countries probably have a lesser chance to have a progressive education then those who live in a more free thinking….open society….like Australia, Canada, most of Europe…..and most of Asia….

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Chavs Definately are a breed apart, I was reading a few months ago, a girl of 12 had a kid with a boy of 14, and in the interview, they announced to the world that the baby wasn't planned...

And for those of you from around the world, not sure what a chav is, I reccommend here Chav Scum

I would advise you to view the Devvo mockumentory, it's quite an eye opener.

Peace...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join