It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to supply Iran with new air defense system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You speak as if the people of the United States are to blame? Is it not our government which has orchestrated this behavior?

I'll answer that to the sheeple! Wake up and really think about who you vote for in '08', it is no doubt the most impotant vote of your life. Those that voted for Bush are the first to complain..go figure! Thinkvote!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I dont blame them for it happening, everyone was duped.
I blame them for allowing the criminals to remain.

Theyve changed laws, they murdered thousands, they taken your rights and freedoms away and they lie so blatantly to your face on public media id be embarresed to say im a patriotic american.
whats that saying

A patriotic person defends their country always and their leaders when they deserve it?

What was it the constituion enforced?
No man is above the law?

.... I blame the american people for not taking the hard road and ensuring, peace, prosperity, life and liberty remained the focus of the United States.

People died to get your country into the moralistic standing, and too many people happily sat by while all that blood shed in the decades past was spat apon and locked up in a cell at guantanamo in the name of corporate greed by your current leaders.

Anything that occurs AFTER the invasion of Iraq, I blame purely on the American people.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
It seems their is more afoot than we know. Why would Russia help Iran beef up it's defenses? All I've been reading is the U.S. is begining talks with Iran using ties with Saudi Arabia. They have left Israel to go it alone possibly? They may be using this as a gap to strenthen themselves aagainst a future attack as the U.S has started to go to the table. We (US) should have continued high pressure against Iran. They have become more agressive by being more defensive in my book.

Kinda funny that Russia has ships heading into the mediteranian also. Something is gonna break this thing wide open. Does it not seem more of a dangerous situation to you all?

Guz

Oil.....that's all it is. Russia is ensuring that it is a preferred customer for Iran's oil.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Oil.....that's all it is. Russia is ensuring that it is a preferred customer for Iran's oil.

You're getting it all the wrong way. Russia is betting for a war in ME and they want it to be as long and bloody as possible. Any conflict in ME will sky rocket oil and gas prices. And as Russia is an Oil Exporter, not importer, they will benefit in billions by any upcoming conflicts.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, if a war did break out, the Russian's may 'accidentally' leak the radar frequencies etc of their export version S-300's to the Americans.
Not to mention of course the Americans probably have the most advanced ECM inrastructure in the world and the S-300 would be far from immune to US countermeasures or even Israeli at that. The S-300 is no superweapon.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
im not overlooking anything
or delecting from anything

Umm...Yes, you are!

Since apparently you have no idea what you are reading, I am done with you. For some reason you cannot seem to carry on a decent conversation. I respond and address your points yet you will not do the same so later.........

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

We get it, you don't like America. You spew the same dribble in every thread regarding politics. I mean, you could copy & paste your remarks from thread to thread. So please stop spewing your garbage filled rhetoric here, AGAIN.
Your Opinion is so wrong and misguided it would be laughable if not for it being so sad. And it is only your opinion of which the majority cannot be backed up by any reasonable means.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Russian Arms Export Comppany (Rosboronexport?) has given a statement that they ARE NOT going to sell S-300 systems to Iran. And as far as they know, the sale of these systems has not been discussed with the Iranians.

Source:
YLE - Finnish

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
aye and an offical denial

news.yahoo.com...

MOSCOW (AFP) - Russia on Friday denied selling a powerful new air defence system to Iran, following an announcement by the Iranian government that Russia would supply it.

"The question of selling Iran an S-300 anti-air missile system... is not on the agenda, is not being discussed and is not being talked currently about with the Iranian side," the Federal Service for Military Cooperation said in a statement.

and the game of politics goes around and around

top topics

<< 1   >>

join