It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to supply Iran with new air defense system

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Russia to supply Iran with new air defense system

www.iht.com

TEHRAN, Iran: Russia is to supply Iran with new S-300 air defense systems, Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar said Wednesday, a sign of growing military cooperation between Moscow and Tehran.

"The S-300 air defense system will be delivered to Iran on the basis of a contract signed with Russia in the past," state television quoted Najjar as saying.

Najjar didn't say when or how many of the S-300 anti-aircraft missile defense systems would be shipped to Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Earlier this year - Russia supplied 29 TOR-M1 systems , which somewhat upset the USA;

now this was mentioned on ATS a while back about a deal being signed and there is speculation this is an announcement that preludes delivery - i can expect the systems to be delivered rapidly and intergrated sooner rather than later.

So , that does begger the question - has Iran really ordering hundreds of SU30 aircraft as well?

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i don't think it matters. i honestly believe the arab theater is being used
as a testing ground for new weaponry. cloaked craft, beam weapons,
etc., who knows what. it is a mistake to believe these people who run the planet are simply fools with no concrete agenda.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is in Russia's interests to have closer ties with Iran. Iran could be a potential competitor to the Russian Caspian sea/southern asia gas pipeline network to supply Europe . But considering the political climate of these day, it would also be beneficial for Iran to go under the Russian pipeline umbrella. As europe's own and alternative sources of gas diminish, these pipelines will become an ever more important socio-political and economic lever for Russia and it's allies. Already we see Italy and Austria move towards greater ties with Russia. More will follow .

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is this the same system which Russia sold Syria?
If so, then its nothing to worry about, in regards to U.S. military plans against Iran, since Israel made minced meat out of the system earlier in the year.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

and the fact that Israel laucnhed the air asult
when the system wasnt event fully operational over syria,
Great call, maybe Israel should have done it when the system was fully in place and people were fully trained to use them

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Did you even read the thread about that alledged attack? the area that may or may not have been targetted was 1) well out side of any airdefence and 2) it wasn`t even working yet anyway.

ask teh israelies about rushed systems - when they recieved PAC-1 during the GW1 - they missed or didn`t even fire.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I believe it was the TOR M1, a short range system, that the Syrians recently received.

S-300 is a long range system comparable to Patriot.

Not that it matters much - the recent NIE has made any US strike against Iran extremely unlikely, much to the neocons chagrin. I think the .mil and the intel agencies are finally sick of getting hoodwinked into poorly thought-out wars.

Israel might give it a shot, but I wouldn't bet on it.
They really don't have the numbers or long range strike assets to make it work.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

yes "last time here" I might agree with you..larger forces seem to be at work here indeed.
Its almost as if reality needs to be completely shattered
so it can be upgraded and re-booted into a new reality.

I now this sounds trippy but the quantum field of science is breaking
ground and is telling us some funky things.

-Music is Magic
-Bobby

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My sources are saying that the deal contains the delivery of at least 2 -3 dozens BATTERIES, can anyone give a confirmation on these numbers?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just makes them the first thing Israel will bomb although Olmert is weak and probably wont do it. You have to wonder when fallout risk will keep them from attempting it.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Great call, maybe Israel should have done it when the system was fully in place and people were fully trained to use them

Yeah, like you really know whether the system was fully operational or not.
Don't you know people will embellish in order to make them look good.
Besides, the point is moot since the system Russia just sold to Iran is NOT the same system used by Syria.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

you really dont read into replies do you?
i mean i have 2 replies under my org that even explains a few things
hows about you reply to those aswell?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It seems their is more afoot than we know. Why would Russia help Iran beef up it's defenses? All I've been reading is the U.S. is begining talks with Iran using ties with Saudi Arabia. They have left Israel to go it alone possibly? They may be using this as a gap to strenthen themselves aagainst a future attack as the U.S has started to go to the table. We (US) should have continued high pressure against Iran. They have become more agressive by being more defensive in my book.

Kinda funny that Russia has ships heading into the mediteranian also. Something is gonna break this thing wide open. Does it not seem more of a dangerous situation to you all?

Guz

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
you really dont read into replies do you?

What are you talking about?

Listed below was your entire reply to me:

Umm....I replied directly to what you posted. Sorry but their was nothing to 'read' into.

i mean i have 2 replies under my org that even explains a few things
hows about you reply to those aswell?

Again, I replied directly to your reply to me so I have no idea what you are talking about. What is 'under my org'?

But way to deflect and not respond to my point.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yes, I think the Israelis are definitely on their own now if they want to push a conflict with the Iranians.

The intel agencies and the .mil leadership have effectively sabotaged neocon plans for a war with Iran with the latest NIE report.

The Russians are cultivating a trading & defense relationship with Iran.
There's nothing particularly hidden about that agenda.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

im not overlooking anything
or delecting from anything

how about you answer the fact the strikes were in places that werent under sam protection
how about you answer the fact the Sam system the russians gave werent even fully operational

you seem to over look alot and the two replies after me says alot
which u seem to have ignored

edit: when you have addressed those points i wont bother replying to any of your replies

[edit on 26-12-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well meh, Russia isn't only a country that's selling weapons to other countries, lol.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The Russians are cultivating a trading & defense relationship with Iran.
There's nothing particularly hidden about that agenda.

True, but it's the timing of these maneuvers that bother me. It would have seemed more logical to put these systems in place before the NIE report. There was much more pressure before the report came out.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I hope they equip them with everything.

Unfortunately, due to the facist american government forming, brave american airmen/women need to be killed by iranian defenses to bring about another vietnamese lesson for the US Government.

I cant believe the people are standing by this president, when its clear the world is standing behind Iran.

Good on Russia, they are quickly becoming a super power again,and by helping out the unfortunate nations in America's target goes to show America has drastically lost its world standing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join