It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i tell the manager 100 times i cant and wont do any hours after 5
and supprisingly she goes ahead and puts me till 7pm on christmas eve

this reaks im not even contracted for those hours yet forced to do them

[edit on 21-12-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Reality bites! Just remember to be thankful that you have a job. Lots of people in this world don't. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to. It'll be alright, just 2 more hours...that's what I saw to myself at hour 10 when I'm working a 12 hour day

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

the reason is i get a busive customers
since it christmas eve the chances are greater they wont find what they want as we will be out of stock so i will get a ear full and end up going home stressed.

today i had two misrable customers and 1 abusive one who was just swearing her head off F this f that and so on

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

That's how it is in retail or F&B. Hence why I stopped and vowed never to do those things again even under pain of death and starvation.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
today i had two misrable customers and 1 abusive one who was just swearing her head off F this f that and so on

Those are the kind of people that I get my jollies off of killing them with kindness. They hate it, and it makes my whole entire day to know that I pissed them off more by being soooo nice and they can't do a damn thing about it because I have been nothing but gracious to them

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

you need to teach me how to be nice to people that are a pain in the right side, how do you do it. i ended up ignoring the woman and sending her to someone else.

reply to post by Beachcoma

i am a student and need the money

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

you need to teach me how to be nice to people

How would I handle the "F" word lady? Hmm...let me think...

I'd probaly giggle and say that's one of my favorite words too

I know it takes a special talent & personality to pull that off. But I've got it
I can do just about anything I entend to do with some positive reinforcement. Try it. Killing someone with kindness is soooo rewarding to me!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When I did soft collections, in training they suggested that when a customer gets angry and you can't or won't budge on your stance, then keep repeating the phrase "I am sorry you feel that way ma'am/sir" to them.

Now that I am a cashier and a customer wants something they simply can't have and my supervisor says no, that's basically what I do and it works pretty well.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
When I did soft collections, in training they suggested that when a customer gets angry and you can't or won't budge on your stance, then keep repeating the phrase "I am sorry you feel that way ma'am/sir" to them.

Anyone good at understanding human psychology would tell you that's not the right thing to do. It always comes off as if you're patronizing the customer. Most people realize they're being patronized and don't like it.

You're better off just being brutally honest and saying something to the effect of "Look, I really want to help you out but my hands are tied" or "Believe me, I would feel the same way and I'm sorry, but I have to do this."

People would rather you honestly commiserate with them instead of patronizing them. If a "trainer" tells you otherwise then he or she probably molests animals.

Peace

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I have found that when I say to a customer "Believe me, I wish I could help you." They usually respond with "Well then why don't you help me." and continue to try and get me to give them something that I simply can not.

I do start out by saying "I wish I could help you" or "Is there anything else I can do" but when you get a really difficult customer who expects you to give them an extremily unreasonable deal or something you simply do not have, then making a statement like "I am sorry you feel that way" is a way to let them know that you will not budge.

One of my co-workers yesterday had a lady who misread a price tag that said $75 as saying 75 cents and she demanded to have that personal CD player for 75 cents even after we pointed out to her that it clearly said $75. All the fluffy nice "I wish I could help you" statements did not work, a manager was called and it got ugly. That's the kind of situations I am talking about and believe it or not, we get quite a bit of them.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
One of my co-workers yesterday had a lady who misread a price tag that said $75 as saying 75 cents and she demanded to have that personal CD player for 75 cents even after we pointed out to her that it clearly said $75.

I agree, there's always somebody who just wants to be a prick. In this particular case (^) shock therapy is called for.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

i hate it when that happens
worst is when they rip labels from other products and try to pass it for that one and expect to get away with it :shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Quit "telling" him. It's obvious you don't carry yourself with the respect you should, because this guy is consistently walking over you. He knows and does he care? Would he care if you handled yourself differently. Of course. It's very important to hold yourself in high regard as a man, if not, you'll be taken advantage of by all of those around you. Make it apparent that you do not # around. Let your words back your thoughts, and don't be afraid to let people know how you feel. Passive aggressiveness hasn't made any situations better, you just look like a feeble little turd if you keep going back on your words. If you get fired.. # him. There's other jobs out there.

"Don't talk about it, be about it."

Those are words to live by.

Stay on your grind, Bodrul. Hopefully this helps.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

i am quitng In Jan/Feb

looking for a new Job now

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Hell yeah, Bodrul. Manning up!

The more you control you take over your own destiny, the more others help create it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

well jens i used what you said
worked on some (be polite and they started being polite, thanks, you have been helpfull)

then there was a minority with the one word that comes up the most

F waste of time, f this f that and so on

did find amusing for once

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

one who was just swearing her head off F this f that and so on

If that had happened to me because the store was out of something and she was upset, I'd tell her to shut the hell up and come back earlier next year. Stop sitting on your ass until the last minute expecting every store to be able to keep in stock what you want and need.

I couldn't work in retail. I'm too honest sometimes.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Also in my store, if a customer is using abusive language with us, we have the right to kindly let them know that we will not take the abusive language. I have heard my managers hang up on abusive customers on the phone after kindly warning them that if they use the language again that the call will be ended, and I have had one of my supervisors ask a customer to leave after using abusive language.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

top topics

join