It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Legend; more than just a movie?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Way too many people in here playing this down.

This forum makes me really suspicious sometimes. The way people say 'nah, it's nothing, your making too much of it' is nothing short of conspiratorial.

This is a conspiracy forum people. This movie spells out so many things that to say 'nah it's nothing' is really suspicious

I am not just suspicious with posters on these forums for being disinfo agents, they nay-say things so often without showing any critical thinking that I am mad at them for being ignorant individuals.

Open your eyes. Look at the big picture. Movies are not just movies. If you really do think this movie was about nothing, that it was 'just' a movie then you're either ignorant or purposefully trying to alleviate fears for yourself or the posters.

Critical

Thinking

- USE IT. Just because you have starry-eyed ideas about Hollywood and love your motion pictures doesn't mean that information is not presented to the masses through this form of entertainment. You would know that if you used critical thinking. But because Hollywood is la-la land and so many people are wrapped up in Movies being an art-form etc. it's painfully easy to nay-say such OBVIOUS bits of information being dropped on the public.

It blows me away : the denial.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Even back then, when I was a little kid "Omega Man" seemed pretty weird. That movie made Planet of the Apes seem like Shakespeare. Forgot about it till this thread, thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If you want a another movie that really predicted the future try "The Siege" with Denzel Washington. Looking back at it after 9/11, the 1998 movie really got some things right IMO.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

It blows me away that just because somebody denies it you call them ignorant. I've read many of your posts, you think almost everything on Earth is a conspiracy.

I've studied film up/down and sideways. I've read and wrote essays, and done analysis to different films. I've seen the works rangeing from Stanley Kubrick to Bela Tarr, Andrei Tarkovksy, Takeshi Kitano, and Masaki Kobayashi. Now tell me if you've seen any of their works.

I don't mean to sound arrogant but, when it comes to films I know what I'm talking about, and I can tell you I Am Legend is NOT that big a deal in terms of "truth". It raises interesting questions but amounts to mostly nothing.

You want some truth films, or at least films that touch on the subject? Watch films like Stalker, The Sacrifice, Werckmeister Harmonies, La Jetee, Children of Men, and on a smalled note Bloody Sunday. These are the films to note, not your Will Smith vehicle I Am Legend. Not only is I Am Legend really mediorce, it's entertainment fluff. Not much different from the 04 remake of Dawn of the Dead.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

I saw the movie last night. I came away with it thinking along the lines of the title of this thread. It really made me think and wonder, and not many movies do that for me like this one did.

Can anyone here, absolutely, and without question, unequivocally say that God does not influence the production or possible undertaking of a movie that has a particular message?

Manmade virus...possible

People Immune...possible

Middle of the movie, a woman tells Will Smith that God told her of a colony...and Will Smith wasnt buying it...possible

The woman told him to listen...and he did..and he heard.

I as a man who has come to know God, watched this film, and besides the plot of the virus, I wondered in my mind the possible influence of God in the making of this film. I came away in wonder...Yes...it could be more then just a movie, but in what aspect. I see it in a multitude of themes yet one stands out.

Remember, in Exodus, God hardened the Egyptian Rulers heart against Moses...which indicates he influences behavior.

See the film, and watch it with an open mind. Will Smith does a great job imo, and I think it may be his best acting role to date.

Somethings that appear to mankind, may not be at all as they really are...

Listen...what you hear might blow your mind.

Peace

[edit on 20-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It has a producer who assured investors that they were likely to make money.

That's all.

F

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I hate this movie..... another poster had it right.... it is just a bad, politically corect remake of Omega Man. Politically correct is the sense that they have a black guy (Smith) instead of a white guy (Heston).
I hate hollywood.

-Euclid

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
3rd time and they still can not make it right.
Out of the the three:

The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price is the best with a close second by Omega Man, simply for the cheese factor.

I wish they would actually make the novel into a movie. It would be such a fantastic thing to see. You know, the 1954 novel, no conspiracy here. All three movies are too vague. This is a vampire book and man, everytime they make them look like freaking zombies!

I sure is it a good movie. But I will keep the visions of the novel in my head to keep me warm at night. As for a secret agenda in this or other movies? I'll pass. It is whatever you want it to be but to me, they are just something to pass the time.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
I hate this movie..... another poster had it right.... it is just a bad, politically corect remake of Omega Man. Politically correct is the sense that they have a black guy (Smith) instead of a white guy (Heston).
I hate hollywood.

-Euclid

Just for the record..it's more likely that a black man would be the last man on earth than a white man.

My friends a scientist..let me see if i can paraphrase this # he told to me in a way that it will make sense..Basically, the gene that gives black people the mellonoma in our skin, is present in all humans. The difference is that blacks have that gene turned on, where whites have that gene turned off. White people are white because of a genetic mutation. Basically they're freaks of nature. Everyone starts out black, but a mutation happens that causes them to come out albino/white/caucasian.

Look at nature..white animals (like white deer and white buffalo) are considered mutations. It's the same thing with white folks.In fact the original humans were black..everybody on earth decended from some kind of primitive human with bronze/black skin. Jesus was black..all that good stuff. Apparently you can turn the gene off but not on. Meaning you could make a black person white (this kinda happens with that devil, Vertiglio) but you couldn't make a white person, black.

So basically..black people started the earth, and it's more likeley that any humans left after an apocolypse would be black. Either due to the fact that we would get lucky, or the simple fact that children born after the apocolypse would be black because eventually the gene would turn on and the majority of kids being born..would be black.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
The difference is that blacks have that gene turned on, where whites have that gene turned off. White people are white because of a genetic mutation. Basically they're freaks of nature. Everyone starts out black, but a mutation happens that causes them to come out albino/white/caucasian.

Woah, Racism ahoy.

No, I'm just kidding. I know the truth about the white race as well, being white myself. Actually, alot of people are onto it. The whole Aryan blood-line idea has alot to do with our genetic manipulation in the past. The Black man is the original man.

This is kind of off-topic though

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
hello

i tend not to reply to threads very often im still looking into a lot of things and im definatly a reader rather than a writer.
but upon reading this thread i would like to point out that humainty has always been driven by the media in any form, and film is no different it was stated a few years back that the sudden influx (around the time of independence day and forward) of alien and dissaster films were only made as a prelude to future events.
this then being a way of the certain goverments to "prepare" us for the worst.

yeah ok then! like the orignal war of the worlds was real? i remember reading about how britan in 1938 on halloween of all days listened to the imminent attack on the british isles from aliens from mars and pannicked! it just shows how powerfull the film industry is that it can have many grown men and women discussing a new film over such a popular forum as this what better advertiseing do you get

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spawwwn

Seriously I would like to see proof of this. If this was being said about black people as being freak of nature, well everyone would curse you down for this being racist.

I have 2 cats, they are brothers, one is black an white, and the other is brown tiger pattern. Yet they are both brothers by blood, its just gentics, its normal not some weird freak of nature.

Also I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that black people would be the last ones to survive, how does that make any difference, if your black, arab, asian etc. There could be many reasons for world population to become almost extinct, and I really dont think the skin colour will determine who those survivors would be lol.

And what proof do you have that jesus was black, I thought he was arab.

Nothing against you by the way, just thought your post was amusing, and almost seemed like wishful thinking.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Man.....this is a damn movie.....it is no comparison to real life. NO COMPARISON !!!!!!!! Dream of an apocolypse on earth.....just dare dream it and them mulitply that by a million fold......ooooo.....aahhhhh...coooolll......not in the least little bit.....half of us would NOT survive the first week.....the other half would be fighting over our remains. We are the highest living form of ANIMAL on this planet. We can hunt and kill EVERYTHING.......EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Don't even pretend to tell me you would survive. Jesus, you argue over minor points in history........MINOR POINTS..........compared to survival....whether or not aliens have been to this planet is a distant second......whether GW lied or betrayed the american people....secondary.......invasion of IRAN.......way distant second.....oil reserves....don't register............your OPINOION.......means nothing.

At the end of this world......I will dance on your grave while playing a fiddle...............and laughing the entire time.........look what all I have done in the name of GOD..................Lucifer (The Morning Star)

Shock value is everything.

In all seriousness (disregarding what I said above).....just think if tomorrow all of your comforts of this life were gone........could you survive? could you kill to survive? would you kill to survive? or would to be dead? My vote is for a quick death.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The trailer was interesting.

I'd like to watch it, whether it has hidden messages or not.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Simple question...

Have you seen the Movie?

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yes. I have seen he movie. The ending wasn't what I expected. All in all, entertaining.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
De-sensitizing through Cinema? Of course.

But with the abundance of movies that have nothing to do with anything of the like. Love stories, cartoons(sure some can be desensitizing children to aliens, I swear the teletubbies we're exactly that). Or the great number of mindless action movies(maybe they're dsensing us to violence), or movies based on history (maybe they're skewing the way history is remember). Sheesh now you have me thinking almost all movies have an agenda, when I this is was a very small percentage. *laughs*

Seriously now:
I would think movies made for the sake of art, and pure entertainment outnumber movies with some hidden agenda by an extremely large margin.

I would say it's much more prevelant in television, literature, advertising, there will be some hidden meanings.

Then there's the biggy. The media, there's the one you should look out for the most. Where 1 out of maybe 50 movies may have some real hidden agenda, the media Media on the other-hand, is skewed way over to the other end. Probably 10% actual news, and 90% pure de-sensitizing, swinging opinons on popular culture, politics , or peoples feelings on issues of race, or the police, I mean you name it, they can even downplay crazy weather patterns that have been going on ect, I mean media gets it's filthy hands on everything.

I wish I could find a show on late night T.V. cable news show about current events that doesn't have ulterior motives and shove certain stories in your face, while barely mentioning stories which many times I consider more important. Guess I gotta watch them, and decide for myself. But most of them disgust me after 15 minutes of watching.

Staying on topic.....

As far as I am Legend, haven't seen it, and I'm tired of Will smith, so I don't plan on seeing it. But the simple fact they mention in the tv commercials for it that the year is 2012 tells me they are playing on the populations fears to sell tickets, because almost everyoneknows about 2012 nowadays. That right there is enough to tell me there is an attempt at something with this movie. But it could be as innocent as ripping an old book story and 2 past movies, and throwing in the year 2012 and a current virus just to sell tickets. I'm pretty that's about all that is happening with this one, but again I haven't seen it.

I'd say MIB (another Will Smith movie go figure), is actually closer to the truth and is a pretty damn good script. Thanks to Tommy Lee Jones, and a great performance by Vincent Dinofrio(sp?) -of Full Metal Jacket, and Law and Order C.I. fame-, the movie was pretty damn good, and plays on some of my personal ideas about the universe/galaxies.

Maybe I will give it a shot (Legend) when it comes out on dvd, but I mean MiB and Independance Day, and this? Who knows maybe he's into this type of stuff in real life, he may frequent these boards for all we know.

*waves to Will Smith*

oh, and Tom Cruise of course *wave*

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Will smith is a pompous, egotistical and ridiculous. if there is a last man on earth it wont be Smith, more like a homeless guy who has been living on the streets for 10+ years.

Not too interested in this movie.

Funny how you're the one who seems like a pompous, egotistical, and ridiculous person for your blind description of a very lovable guy, that is Will Smith.

And if a homeless guy that's been living on the streets for more than 10+ years ends up being the last man on earth, it would still be Will Smith.

Hancock Teaser Trailer

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Your thinking is correct. Although this may not be a direct message, it does contain some information as most major blockbusters do.

It is not a re-make of any film, it is based on the novel from Richard Matheson published in 1954. 3 films were "adapted" to fit the genre and somewhat the storyline such as; The Last Man on Earth, The Omega Man, and I am Legend.

To those who say its just a movie, well are essentially right. Nonetheless there is always an important piece of information, key phrases, dates, locations, et al. Most all movies provide hints to the masses to be lodged in consciousness. In this case 2012 and major change.

The message is clear; there are many warnings, be prepared!

Peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If you want a movie about the Mayan prophecies on 2012, you're going to get it soon enough. It looks like our friend, Michael Bay is working on the project as we speak.

Michael Bay to Direct '2012: The War for Souls'

www.associatedcontent.com...
[edit on 20-12-2007 by Impreza]

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Impreza]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join