It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Legend; more than just a movie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
well, the theory of putting out a movie to see people´s reaction is a known fact of media analysis.
´the day the earth stood still´ ia one of theses examples.
sources say CIA wanted to test an alien threat as a movie.

´An alien lands and tells the people of Earth that they must live peacefully or be destroyed as a danger to other planets. ´

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"deathstar/moon, anyone"
I was thinking the exact same thing.....

Also....the original 4-5-6 star wars movies the star destroyers are in a triangle shape.....reminds me of the secret government black triangle craft being reported......

And seriously....I thought of the same damn conclusion with I am legend 2012.....although there are other similarities like the TV series heroes where Hero finds himself in 2012 and Peter finds himself in a pandemic virus thing in 2008.....might be something there.......

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Anyone who says this movie does not reflect the truth or what could really happen in our society must know something the rest of us don't. How would you KNOW this is "only entertainment" unless you are on the inside?

The real truth is that the government has been experimenting on people illegally and without their knowledge for decades and it's very well-documented. We already know a lot about what's really going on such as GM foods and such. I'm not saying this is proof of a conspiracy in this movie, but I wouldn't discount it so quickly.

There have even been other threads on this board that discuss NWO individuals admitting having their hand in various films meant to influence the public. You can believe it or not, but you can't necessarily prove it wrong.

I will agree with a previous poster that this is a conspiracy message board and one of the things we do here is look for conspiracy all around us. We're not going to find it by turning a blind eye. You find it by looking closely at everything and denying ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
But surely you could say that about almost every film there's ever been!

For example Independence Day could've been preparing us for a hostile alien invasion, Stargate could be hinting at the supposed technology hidden in Iraq, Monsters Inc could be trying to tell us there really are monsters in our closets!

You've also got to think on the flipside that many films actually get their ideas from stories/tales/myths/conspiracies so they're going to seem coincidental with possible current conspiracies.

I do believe in media manipulation, but then I also believe in genuine honest film makers that create these movies purely for entertainment and the love of the film industry and of course the most obvious, money

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

That's cool, we seem to be on the same frequency here. One movie I also thought about was "Total Recall" with the Governator.
With the underground cities and an atmosphere-making reactor, that is started by pressing down a big button that's made for a 3-fingered reptilian hand. Maybe I'm going overboard a bit, but I saw the movie again a little while ago and I just noticed that.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Has anyone has seen the movie, "Wag the Dog?" It depicts a presidential scandal covered up with a movie producer's scripted account of a non-existent act in another country. It's purpose was to take the citizens' minds off the current presidential scandal and divert it to a more disturbing event.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Not long after that movie was released, pres. Clinton got caught up in the Lewinsky affaire, and at that time he ordered attacks on terrorist installations in Afghanistan and Sudan.
Many references to Wag the Dog were made afterwards.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
For example Independence Day could've been preparing us for a hostile alien invasion, Stargate could be hinting at the supposed technology hidden in Iraq, Monsters Inc could be trying to tell us there really are monsters in our closets!

or the possibility of Gods direct influence to have a film maker create a film with a message telling people to listen...

Will Smith did, and it changed the world...in a movie.

Do it in real life, and change your world today.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
"Monsters Inc could be trying to tell us there really are monsters in our closets"

Or.....that monsters or 'aliens' exist, and really do visit children at night....abductions and all.......

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Oh gawd! just saw this movie over the weekend. A true dissapointment, it was cheesy, ludicrous and commecial. They advertised FORD vehicles, as seen in transformers. Warner Brothers took the oportunity to sell batman and superman movie coming out in 2012. Also the joker card is seen in the film. the sets were done well and the idea was good, will smith is a great actor. but why didn't someone hire lucasfilm to work on those horrid effects? the zombies looked fake, like gollum from LOTRs..that wasted the movie for me, I am the type of technical guy that think that special effects are so very important in a scifi film. but this had nothing scifi about it. I prefer war of the worlds over this film. it had no plot, nothing profethic abot it or nothing new. A remake that shouldn't have been done. I'd rather see MIB3 to tell you guys the truth.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
BTW if anyone likes these types of films, apocalyptic and such. resident evil 3 was far superior than Legend.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
BTW if anyone likes these types of films, apocalyptic and such. resident evil 3 was far superior than Legend.

Ahahah, RE3 is as mediocre as they come. How dare you even place these two movies in the same league. Besides maybe some shady cgi, I AM LEGEND is in a whole different class. That's not to say I AM LEGEND is a damn good film, but it certainly is far better than RE3, everything from acting to storyline to whatever else you can think of.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Ahahah, RE3 is as mediocre as they come. How dare you even place these two movies in the same league. Besides maybe some shady cgi, I AM LEGEND is in a whole different class.

I am legend is a zombie/virus movie. it's laughable, just like dawn of the dead, resident evil and all other zombie films. they are not meant to be taken seriously..will smith took this role way too seriously when it's really a campy movie. did you say shady? the zombies in resident evil movies are at least REAL people with good/great makeup. see the making of those films. I prefer resident evil films over this movie, for two reasons, they make a tight video game come to life and they did it right..and two, milla jovovich is tight!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
everything is connected, were living in fractals...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

i am in total agreeance there is alot more to this movie than first appears
i think it is part of a plan so that if say for example now was to say that in 2012 we are all going to die everyone will be more likely to rub it off and just assume i have been watching too many movies.

video.google.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Impreza & Jedimiller, you're both wrong.

If you want an apocalypse film, you go to George A Romero

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Totally agreed. My have some underlying theme but its hollywood so dont expect some cryptic message.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
people are so quick to jump to the conclusion that there's little to no chance of anything similar happening in real life.

The fact is, tomorrow we could wake up and find that some small village in indonesia has reported human to human spread of the H5N1 virus and a week later we get the news that by some stroke of luck they managed to get everyone in that village quarantined but before the outbreak a group of missionaries from the U.S. had visited the village. So three of those people by some freak chance got infected with the virus and spread it to other people at some airport and those people spread it to countless other and we have a pandemic on our hands.

The threat is small, but not impossible...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would strongly suggest checking out a thing called syncromysticism, Jake Kotze and friends have started a small following because it does make sense.

thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com

rundonotwalk.blogspot.com

and follow some links on those pages where he extrapolates alot for his vids.

but i know your seeing what he is pointing out. I was baffles by my mind trying to put things together..now i think i have a clearer picture of my world and people

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join