It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Import Tuners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just wondering if any of you guys are tuners here. I've driven a honda since I got my license. They are the most durable cars ever! I currently have a 96 GS-R with the B18C1 motor. I'm planning on getting a turbo Type-R motor and running with that. I love my Geezer and I plan on keeping it, and restoring it with my son when he is old enough. He'll have a "Classic" LoL.

So any of you guys/gals have the same love affair with imports? I'll put pics up soon.

-Droops

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm surprised there's no replies to this thread.

I myself had a couple of Japanese cars that were tuned, and subsequently trashed. Both were Mazda MX-6's with KLZE engines a lot of work done to both.

I had the same mind frame that I would keep them for a long time, but I totaled my first one while racing, and my girlfriend at the time destroyed my 2nd while trying to park.

I currently have a 99 Audi A4, it's a 2.8 V6, mainly stock, I set up an intake for it and upgraded the brakes but nothing serious has been done to it as of yet.

Why would you swap your existing B18 for a type R version? I'd probably go for like a B20 block with a B18 head. Possibly even an H22 those are very boost friendly

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have been thinking about the b20 block and b18 head. That would give me good torque and a lot of top end power as well. An h22 would be over-kill, it's too heavy and a b20 would get the job done fine.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This one isnt mine, I havent gotten my import yet, but its coming in aboot a year and a half. My cousins got an 03 350z. He got a dwi, plus its winter up here, so hes not driving it. He bought the new hks twin turbo system for it, new intake, air filter, and a new catback exhaust system. Its fun, we tear up and down I-87.

My cars, not coming until I get a signing and reenlistment bonus, but the car that I'm tentatively planning on getting is the new nissan gt-r. That thing just screams beast. From there I'll probably wait for some aftermarket stuff to get on the market. If that falls through I want to import an r34 gtr, but idk how doable that would be. Anywho for import tuners.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

Well you can import a R34 GT-R however you won't be able to register it for the street. Your best bet is a R32 GT-R it is AWD and has the RB26DETT powerplant, but it is consideribly older, however you'll be able to register it and drive it on the roads. It's just a bitch to get used to driving on the right hand side of the car lol.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by InSanE1]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yeah I think you can actually register them for the road in california, but I live in New York, so thats basically useless to me. But I think I'm going to go for the new nissan GT-R. That thing is going to be a beast.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I like your avy Trutt. That Berkut is frikin sweet! That's pretty sweet that you're gonna get the gt-r. That car is manly as hell. I love my gs-r, I really do. I'm thinkin about getting an engine rebuild kit, with some stage 2 goodies, and it'll be good to go for another 100k easy. It's really funny when v6 mustangs and what not pull up next to me and expect to win. WRONG! Never underestimate the power of japanese engineering! Plus, I like hearing my vtec kick in as I scream past them and they stare at me fly by. haha

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The GT-R's gonna be awesome. I like flying past mustangs and those amazing new chargers......and thats just with my cousins z, which is by no means slow. I cant wait till I get to roll around in that monster.

Yeah the berkut is friggin amazing.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Plus, I like hearing my vtec kick in as I scream past them and they stare at me fly by. haha

So you're a ricer and you like endangering the lives of innocent people on the road? Racing a v6 mustang is nothing to be proud of... I suggest you visit Honda-tech.com and start reading. It is easily the most informative Honda site on the web. If you do visit the site make sure you read the rules and use the search feature. If you start posting about a b18 head on a b20, turbo hype R motors, or stage 2 mods... lol You're going to get humbled very quickly.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Lol yeah, nfsu talk. But yeah, I saw an evo MR go by today and that thing was NICE. One of those would be nice to get just cuz its a rally car, so you could take it in the snow and dirt and not destroy it. But I'm getting really sick and tired of going down the highway and seeing a civic with a apc wing hanging off the back and an exhaust tip to make it sound cool. Cuz you know its some crappy little 4 banger trying to look cool.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi guys, i actually drive a Mitsubishi Lancer atm
Lancer = Cr@p

Im actually saving up for a Nissan S13 Silvia. It has a SR20DET, trying to get into the drifiting scene...... Good Luck to me

JDN24

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If you want an s13 silvia, i guess a good substitute would be the 240sx. Apparently those make really good little drift cars. Do they actually make silvias in the US or do you have to import them?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well I'm getting 800 bucks back from taxes this year. I'm gonna give my girlfriend about 350-400, and the rest for me and my car. I'm thinkin about HID's and a header, which shouldn't be too expensive. Just wondering what you guys think I should get with the remaining 200-250? Maybe some new cams or something? not too sure.

-Droops

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cams would be a good idea. Maybe if youre into ride stability id go for a new tien fully adjustable suspension.

top topics

join