It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got a bad feeling

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I used to ignore my urges to keep canned food and propane and water on hand
then we had a ridiculous ice storm and spent 3 days shivering under blankets with the dogs snuggled in for warmth too before my parents were able to find a generator so we moved to their house
it was 12 days in the middle of winter with no heat, without my dad lucking into knowledge of a shipment coming into town and spending 10 hours in line to get it we would have been in a red cross shelter with a whole lot of other people

and the banks were closed because they had no power so we had no money to go out to eat or get a hotel room, the bank was closed for almost 5 days

And the groceries/supplies were wiped out. within 12 hours there was no D batteries, camping cookstoves, propane, coveralls, chainsaws, or milk bread and groceries...too many downed lines to get more supplies to the stores that managed to stay open.

there are still giant debri piles on everyones curbs, and the city is now picking them up and taking them to certain sites to turn it into mulch literal mountains of trees and mountains of mulch

so stockpiling basic supplies isnt a bad idea even if its not WW3 or an alien attack stuff does happen!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

We have a term for this where I come from, It is called... being paranoid. paranoid definition: The key feature of this subtype of schizophrenia is the combination of false beliefs (delusions) and hearing voices (auditory hallucinations), with more nearly normal emotions and cognitive functioning (cognitive functions include reasoning, judgment, and memory).

Wrong friend...

Definition of Paranoid: A heightened sense of reality.

End Transmission...

<< 4  5  6   >>

join