It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got a bad feeling

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The first conflagaration will be in the middle-east. There will be a big scramble for the oil. Why do you think the US is already there? To secure a strategic position in terms of strike capability, and resource control. There is no oil flowing out of Iraq right now because of all the chaos being perpetuated by US supported agitators. Iraq is one big fuel dump to feed the war machine that will take on Asia, probably in the next ten years.

I think there will be one, maybe two "shock and awe" "terrorist" attacks here in the States in the meantime to solidify support both for occupation in the middle east and for an expanded US troop presence across the globe.

Edit to add link:
Is There a Secret War in Iraq?

[edit on 12/18/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

The Barksdale nuke thing really does smell like rotting feces.

May I ask what chemtrails have to do with the NWO take over?

You sound like the voice in the back of my mind that is trying to get out.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
For some reason, over the last week I have been having a really bad felling like something is looming just over the horizon. With the revelation that Iran's nuke program ended in 2003, the Neocons are backed into a corner. Their agenda has been blindsided by the CIA that they thought they were in control of.

Last night I was driving home from work, and I randomly stopped by Wal-mart. I bought all the canned goods that would fit in one shopping cart, and proceeded to the sporting goods area, and got a ton of ammo.

I don't really know why I did, I just had a bad feeling.

So my question is, does anyone else have a feeling that something is looming, and about to go down real soon?
I have a friend that has dreams that have come true since he was a teenager. Mostly small stuff like how a game of touch football is won the next day in a come from behind victory. But he did have a dream about the inside of the church he got married in over a year before he got engaged.

He has had a dream about being in a certain city and seeing a mushroom cloud over an air base about 40 miles away. He has told me that he plans to never go to that city.

He has told me that he had one dream that would make the hair stand up on the back of my neck if he revealed it to me. He also told me that he recently did some Internet searches to see if others had had the same or similar dreams. He said that he did not find anyone reporting the same dream, but that people had written about dreams or visions of things that logically could be preludes to the events of his dream. Some scary things he found predicted by others:
1. G.W. Bush would not live to finish out his term.
2. We will attack (or be involved with Israel attacking) Iran.
3. As part of a secret treaty, Russia will attack the United States with nuclear weapons.

At the start of every hurricane season my wife and I stock up on non-perishable food. We eat it over the year starting when the hurricane season ends. I do not confirm or deny the existence of weapons or ammunition.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Those are some pretty huge details... Does your friend remember which city had the mushroom cloud over it, what season/year/etc.? That sort of information is, you know, helpful...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think mushroom clouds are a legitimate concern, especially as it seems some high-ups have been playing a very scary game of "pass the parcel" with some nuclear-armed missiles...

However, my own concerns about "bad things to come" are focused more on natural events, the most serious one being the chances of a very large earthquake off the western/northwestern coast of the USA. There are some faults there that are due to move so it's a matter of when rather than if. Okay, there are frequently some pretty major ones around Alaska, but a largish one there (say a 7 plus) could be just an indicator of something bigger that might let go further south, namely off the coast of Oregon. The Juan de Fuca plate is the problem...

Wish I could be more specific but that would I guess require a whole new thread. However, I see no harm in stocking up on food. In any calamity, it's helpful to have supplies on hand. But don't forget that a good supply of water is even more important. I keep a hundred or so 2-liter plastic bottles full and have them stored around the house, rotating them out and replacing them with new ones frequently.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I felt that something is coming for a while now...And last week when the 'govt.' said that Iran stopped making nukes, Our nation ABANDONED the only friend we have in the middle east.....ISRAEL. If you read your Bible and are able to understand it, read Zechariah 12:3...The last part of that verse will give you CHILLS...

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Ever heard the phrase " Just because your paranoid doesnt mean they're not out to get you? "

And to OP, its always better to be prepared, then sorry.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi There,

Whilst taking note of this thread's subject matter, there does seem to be a similarity being shown by the many posters regarding their concern for feeling 'ill-at-ease' within themselves. I suppose one could suggest that it is perhaps in the same way that animals are able to sense natural catastrophes about to occur and flee from the area for safer refuge? Anyway, I want to say that I too have been feeling this way for quite sometime, and although I consider myself quite average and normal, with no psychic powers or 'hotline' to some divine interventionary, I have to say that intuitionally (and I do think it is an issue about intuition), I can and do sense a foreboding.

An earlier poster commented on a friend they have whom has dreams carrying elements of precognition...well, I too, have such dreams. Not all the time, of course, and nor do the prophetic elements of my dreams come true, but only certain aspects. It is like working out a hard mathematical problem, instead of going through all the steps and seeing how one arrives at the solution, it is more a case of arriving at the solution intuitively first, and then working backwards to see how one achieved it in the first place. I'm not talking about jumping ahead in time or anything, just a neurological process that presents the answer to the solution, rather than the steps to follow to arrive at the solution...purely abstract, subjective and intuitive.

Over the last two years, I have had the same dream about 4 times. A simple scene of looking towards some distant horizon and seeing the mushroom cloud of a nuclear explosion hotly rising towards the heavens. The sense I have in the dream was that of having expected this to occur. It wasn't out of place, it wasn't a accident, the whole thing felt like a 'reaping what was sown'.

Now, in order to place this into context with other dreams and feelings of foreboding I have had that disappeared once whatever it was that was causing me to have them had occurred, I want to briefly relate something that happend to me some 11 years ago.

I was introduced to a young fellow whom became a necessary contact and liason as part of my job working with hazardous chemicals. He was a industrial chemist just out of university, and had been placed into my area, and as I was introduced to him, we both received a electro-static shock as we shook hands in greeting. To be honest, I (nor he) thought much about it, but over the coming months working with the fellow, I seemed to develop a particular sense of dread whenever he was around, but kept it to myself until one day, I sensed it so bad that I actually had a mild panic attack, and had to take myself away from his presence and go outside for a cigarette. I made some excuse about not feeling too well, and went outside. A female colleague accompanied me, so I took the opportunity to discuss my sense of dread with her, and to see if she felt the same way when she was working with the young chap...she didn't.
Anyway, for the rest of the day, I tried to keep myself apart from him, but I always had that 'ill-at-ease' feeling, and was, quite frankly, very happy to finish that day's work and go home. The following morning, I came into work only to be told that the young lad had died the previous evening from a out-of-the-blue convulsive fit he suffered at home during the evening meal. It was quite a shock to me. He was only 25, recently married and a child on the way. I also noticed that I no longer felt or sensed that dread feeling, like having a weight taken off one's shoulders, feeling like a heavy worry had been lifted, although for weeks after, I had a feeling of confusion and bewilderment, but even that evaporated.

The upshot of all this preamble is that I have that sense of dread again, but not from working with a person, but more with what is going on in the world, as militaries jockey into positions, as politicians grind out their plans and agendas, regardless of whatever consequences might befall us. The one situation I feel most unease at is that of Kosovo...there feels something intuitively wrong about the events shaping up around the Albanian quest for independence. I do not have any particular sense of anything regarding Iran, but Kosovo, for some reason, is giving me the 'heebie jeebies', and I'm watching this situation with keen interest. I have reasoned that it is because this is the one scenario that could eventually bring Russia and Nato/America into direct conflict, perhaps after an assassination attempt on some high-ranking Albanian politician, or conflict breaking out between the Albanians and the Serbs. I think the next 'big' event will come at us without staging and without warning, and cascade us all towards the unthinkable, yet inevitable nuclear exchanges.

Personally, I hope I am totally wrong in my reasoning, and that my 'ill-at-ease' sense of dread dissipates on its own accord. Time...I suppose, will tell.

By the way...I'm not religious, nor do I follow any particular political ideology, I'm just a normal Joe Soap, wanting to live his life as best and as happy as he can, without hurting or harming anyone else.

Best wishes

[edit on 20/12/07 by elysiumfire]

[edit on 20/12/07 by elysiumfire]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

If something "big" happens, you will know that was it because the feeling will go away instantly.

But it may not be related to anyone except to you.
Sometimes (as the other poster said) people get a bad - or good - feeling; it can even be a lingering one. And then, "nothing happens".

Or does it?

In my experience, a bad feeling of something ominous happening or waiting to happen is actually an accurate reflexion of things concerning ME and my individual life going on without my conscious knowledge at the time.
(But I learn about them a few days later.)

It's the same with sudden, totally inexplicable cheer and "good" feelings. It's happened often enough for me not to keep count of them - but I do remember one or two particular cases.

Once, I filled a lottery ticket (one of those where you can enter the same set of numbers for more than one drawing) - and totally forgot about it. But then, about ten days or so after I'd done that, I had this sudden feeling of enormous cheer come over me. And - this is REALLY unusual for me - I felt compelled to turn on the TV. There was the lottery drawing - and there were my numbers. I didn't get all of them right (one was off), but I did get the equivalent of a a VERY hefty monthly salary or two. Not bad at all!

The other instance I remember is also connected with money (so I am venal, I know... ; )). I remember having the same sudden feeling of giddy good humour and happiness come over me one day. The funny thing is, there was nothing particularly cheerful about my situation at the time: too much work, the remuneration wasn't high enough, I was tired... But the feelng just lingered into the night and was still there the next day - when I got a letter from the tax service, including a check with a very, very high amount.

There were also many instances of very bad feelings - and the same as above applies. But, if you'll excuse me, I'd rather not reminisce about them right now...

Bottom line: I simply sense, quite clearly, when a situation, ANY situation relevant to me, is about to change or has changed. (It doesn't matter how unexpected or "unreasonable" such a change may be.)

And so can you, I bet.

On the other hand, there is always the possibility that something GLOBAL is, in fact, about to break out into broad daylight. That happens, too.

You'll see soon enough. ; )

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

That was extremely interesting, Elysium Fire.
Thank you for posting it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
After rereading the original message and some of the replies I just have to add this (even though I am fully aware that I may be scoffed at by people who don't share my life experience).

Let's assume the "bad feeling" really is connected to a global (not individual) event. And let's assume it really is being triggered by bellicose prospects - in other words, a huge and deadly armed conflict and such in the making.

What worries me is the fact that so many people heed their feelings (which is very good and advisable) - and then simply start preparing for it, accepting it as something inevitable.

But it's not inevitable.
What you're feeling (still working under the assumptions above) is the probabilities of such an event or series of events happening. In other words, if left to themselves, that's how events will develop and transpire.

But they needn't be left to themselves. If we first embrace the warning feelings and then consciously deflect the force that is shaping them and driving them in that direction, we can and shall change its course. That particular set-up will be discarded (for lack of "nourishment", if you will), and a different set of probabilities will come into play.

That's how it works in our daily individual lives (oh yes, it does), and that's how it works on a global level. People don't notice it because they hardly ever consider the possibility of redirecting a given set of probabilities - heck, the majority don't even seem to think of life in terms of "probabilities"! - let alone actively work on redirecting "bad" probabilities.
(Many pray, however - which is an implicit acknowledgment of the law at work here - but, again, very few seem to even know how to REALLY pray. Uttering words and infusing "prayers" with fear is not really a valid prayer.)

In other words: don't give up. Listen to your feelings, accept them, look that reality-to-be directly in the eye - and reject it.

It can be done.
(I don't think so - I KNOW so. : ))

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

We have a term for this where I come from, It is called... being paranoid.
paranoid definition: The key feature of this subtype of schizophrenia is the combination of false beliefs (delusions) and hearing voices (auditory hallucinations), with more nearly normal emotions and cognitive functioning (cognitive functions include reasoning, judgment, and memory).

Canned goods and lots ammonition...oooh yes... canned goods and ammo have saved so many lifes for decades now.... come on... you are more likely to get a bad stomach, and shooting your foot of with that...

sorry if you feel offended by this, but i just can't take it seriously....

And I cannot take seriously anyone who liberally uses words like "delusions", "false beliefs" and "hallucinations", apparently unaware of their dubious status...

My dear, if you are so into psychiatry (or at least as much as I am), then you should know that all of the above is actually petitio principii. It bases its entire discourse on a self-contained frame of reference: on definitions and interpretations presented as established "facts" - when, in reality, they are no such thing.

Let's examine some of them - because, in truth, most of them flunk at the basic level of semantics.

"False beliefs".
False... to whom? Where is the autonomous frame of reference that would be needed to make such a statement? Where is it even adequately defined, this self-quoting frame of reference? Who has ever validated the parameters used - outside the circles who have coined them?

"Delusions".
Same as above. Plus we might throw in a more explicit question for good measure: WHO exactly, and on basis of WHAT exactly, is the yardstick of a NON-delusional state of mind?

"Hallucinations".
While delirium tremens, for example, may cause visions and feelings that could be consistently interpreted as a direct (physiologically induced) result of alcohol withdrawal, for example, there is precious little evidence that the perceptions of people under the influence of certain drugs, for example, are not "real" just because other people don't perceive them (or aren't aware of such a perception in themselves).

As for schizophrenia (not to mention is "subtypes")... It's just a descriptor.
A word that describes a certain set of mental states (and it's just amazing how broad and loose the spectrum of this "blanket" term is, isn't it...?), the real causes of which are yet to be identified.
More importantly, it doesn't necessarily refer to genuinely morbid states. You see, not every deviation from the norm is pathological.
(In totalitarian regimes, psychiatric wards were, and are, full of people whose "delusions" were in fact the product of a superior intelligence, of an exceptional lucidity of thought - and their "schizophrenia" would be more accurately described as an exceptionally strong backbone...)

Do you see why psychiatry is, along with historiography, the most ideologically tainted discipline - and most susceptible to abuse by the regimes in place?

It's certainly common knowledge where I come from...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Yep, that is the bad feeling I have, something is terribly wrong on a global scale and I don't think it will be nature this time. I feel a deafening silence right now........

Something is really, really wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OK, i'll throw my two cents in here too. i'm a guy that goes by his gut in everything in life, and it hasn't let me down yet. i'm a very logical person and a strategic thinker. well, just about a month ago that gut instinct kicked in telling me something is WAY off right now. i figure the economy taking a big fat dump will play a major role in initiating whatever is on the horizon, followed by some very unpleasant events both real and manufactured.

enjoy the good life while you got it, but be prepared to give it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My bad feeling has not gone away, and this whole Bhutto assassination has put us one step closer to nuclear war.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This was one of those bad feelings and I hope yours is not the same:

I had another of those Edgar Cayce dreams.

The Gulf War was a defining moment in my ability to tell the future because I had the nerve to write it down in front of a witness and at the time he was showing signs of being a nonbeliever in my premonitions. I was working at a military base in Egypt and the time was March of 1990, I remember waking up very nervous and wet with sweat and my pulse was off the scale.
I arrived at work and felt perplexed and so one of the coworkers (foreign national military officer) noticed and commented at my appearance. I told him I was startled in my sleep from a dream and it made me feel very empty inside. I told him of the dream and how I saw so much destruction all around and that I was present in the midst of it all. I told him what I thought it all meant and then I proceeded to write it all down on a piece of paper.
I saw in my dream of many soldiers fighting and bombs being dropped as well as fighting aircraft overhead and here I was running and dodging all the while. I wrote on this piece of paper my thoughts and it seemed to come more obvious to me after I started writing.
I wrote that at least 13 International countries would be involved including America and it would happen in the middle east sometime in the next 6 months and I included Iraq as one of the countries with special notice of Saddam Hussein, then we took the paper and opened one of the test stations and taped it on the inside wall.
Three months later I was told by my company to stop all work and return to the states because of the Gulf conflict. The officer and I didn't even think about the piece of paper with my prediction, the next year on the 25th of February and the same day the war was over, I was asked to return to complete my mission.
When I returned to the military base the officers and I started talking about the conflict then it came to me of the prediction, the officer and I walked over to the test station and opened the door and by surprise the paper was still taped there, we took it out and it became apparent that I made this prediction of the Gulf War, the officer at that moment made the statement that I was some sort of a prophet and that it was in my best interest to keep it quiet, so I did.
Lets hope yours is a little gentler for all our sakes, gwhint

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I heard oil production in saudi arabia has already peaked! Yowaza!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
the chemtrails have different purposes. Notice that they have rainbow colors in some cases. this is barium and aluminum. It causes respiratory problems, high blood pressure etc...designed to reduce the bodies anti-body abilities. Just off the cuff many of us, me in particular believe that they are testing how the clouds will spread....to distribute disease...specifically the flu virus that is modified to bypass the vaccine among others. Also notice the X's, V's and tictactoe patterns. reference HAARP and the global warming hoax......there is a connection.

reply to post by downtown436

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well, let me say smth to you about the so-called "the global warming hoax".

Things are going to surprise you all. This hoax is not a hoax as you may propose. The main things you should know about:
1) All the scientific research data on GW is being censored (see the law acts in the USA for ex. for proof, ask to find them your lawyer)
2) ICPP is being sabotaged in order to make "acceptable" results of its periodic research materials for public. The main problem here is that none of the "public" scientists have a mathematical model of GW that would include every significant factor for GW understanding. Their research does not include: factors for Golphstream that would cause it stop; change of the planet rotation due to massive ocean water rebalance - and, as the result, change of tectonic processes, change of the optical density of the atmosphere; albedo change and the factors for micro-freezeing period for the northen halfsphere.
3) ICPP considers only one factor as the main - ocean level rise. That is not enough for the model.

This is just a small part of what to be mentioned.
In addition, some "smart" guys decided to claim that GW is a hoax! A good turn to decrease the attention of people.

As to the real scientific data research the things are really bad. If we passed the point of no-return than we have already lost our chances to save Earth. Because if we put all the factors into the model we would see that we have only 30 to 40 years left before the catastrophe (the tempereture would rise in these years up to app. 10 C, this would be accompanied by nature disasters, massive migration events, famine and wars, world crisis, and, finally, Golphstream stop. When this happens, most of northeren part of the globe would be gone into ice period (about 60 years), new ocean stream balance. After the ice period the temperature would rise rapidly again until it reaches unbelieveble point of 100C at equator in 300 years time).

The data was checked several hundreds times but found no mistakes.

In fact, I really hope that we are wrong. But you should check that the scientists have already mistaken with icemelting dates for the poles. Search for metanehydrates also and their influence on GW.

PS. sorry for my english, its not my native one.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NoInfoAvailable]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NoInfoAvailable]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I feel that we all have an intuative side, and everyone that I know or talk to at work feel that something big is coming. I do feel something is coming, or going to happen I just don't know were or when.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join