It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cheney Impeachment Hearings Can Begin With Your Help" Articles Pass House of Representatives!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I would rather see something other than a gesture against him. Could he not be brought up on some sort of war crimes charges after he is out of office? Impeachment is all fine and dandy, but seems pointless to me since it doesn't seem like it will do much other than tarnish his name. All I am saying is I think if the allegations are legit, which they seem to be, I would rather see something tangible. Something that would affect him on a much deeper level than a little smear.

I mean, if we impeach him now. What statement are we making? "Go ahead and screw over the country for 8 freakin years, just remember... after you have made a vast fortune off of the lives of innocent people and fully driven our country into the ground...and you are fully out of office... we will take you to court and IMPEACH YOU!"

That just doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent that you guys make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by camain

Just because he doesn't want to run a web server out of his office does not mean it is not legit. Do you have any idea the cost associated with running a webserver farm that will survive any type of real traffic? Especially the traffic so far generated?

Let me list a few "necessities" for running a site like that.

1) An OC3 or higher dedicated line, preferably at a main interconnect.

2) Multiple mirrored web servers with a load balancing system (We use F5 Big IP Series load balancers for our web farm)

3) Firewalls and more firewalls, every pro Cheney hacker with a computer will be attacking this website, which is most likely the exact reason why they are using DomainByProxy. Domain registration information includes the technical contacts as well, and if I were the Admin of the system, I sure as hell would not want a bunch of pro Cheney people calling me and knocking on my door.

4) Battery backup systems in case of a power fluctuation, and ultimately back up generators to switch over for long term.

5) Suitable power source and feeds for all these machines. Yes, they take a lot of power, and even the slightest power surge can be critical. If you live in South Florida, you know how well FP&L keeps power surges down *sigh*

6) Security in a locked cage. Servers are locked in steel cages to prevent the "janitor tripping over the plug"

I really could go on and on about this, but I am sure you will not consider any of this to be a valid reason to not host the servers on his own.

You can count my signature in.

-xmad

[edit on 17-12-2007 by xmaddness]

[edit on 17-12-2007 by xmaddness]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

You are right and WE NEED TO SEND THEM A STRONGER MESSAGE.

The one we sent that bush called a thumpin didn't do enough to them to jumpin. I'm a Republican but I don't even recognise that party anymore.

Bill Moyers had an execellent PBS journal where they gave very compelling reasons to do BOTH cheney and bush whether their is enough time or not the proceedings should start. I been around since watergate and this is just what we need to do. It was put in the constitution just for a time like this . BUSH is a Rogue leader and Cheney is just plane warmonger. If you don't recall the "slam dunk" was initially pressure that cheney was putting on George Tenant to manufacture evidence like yellow cake etc.

By the way I DO hate Cheney and I have good reason

- Con

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by shortywarn

I mean, if we impeach him now. What statement are we making? "Go ahead and screw over the country for 8 freakin years, just remember... after you have made a vast fortune off of the lives of innocent people and fully driven our country into the ground...and you are fully out of office... we will take you to court and IMPEACH YOU!"

That just doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent that you guys make it out to be.

No no it isn't just that but something like this would help a great deal to show other nations of the world that we the people did not approve. also it would keep them preoccupied rather then instigating # with iran all 7 intell reports and Bush won't take no for an answer. Impeachment proceedings would be a good start in mending fences abroad and our global credibility.

Above and beyond that,,

They got it comin

- Con

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

If anyone needs to be Impeached, it's not Cheney....IT'S BUSH!!!!

That guy is a serious threat to world peace & he could also plunge the US into a Dictatorship!!

Not to mention he's a moron...

Get rid of this guy now, while you still can!!

[edit on 12/17/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'd like to clarify something that's a pet peeve of mine.

The use of the word Impeach. I hear it said, time and time again, "Clinton was impeached!" with the implication that he was tried and found guilty of something.

He wasn't.

Impeachment is the label of the process. So saying Clinton was impeached is like saying, Clinton was taken to court.

He was acquitted.

There were two charges in the impeachment:

That “the President provided perjurious, false, and misleading testimony to the grand jury regarding the Paula Jones case and his relationship with Monica Lewinsky,” and, “the president obstructed justice in an effort to delay, impede, cover up and conceal the existence of evidence related to the Jones case.”

Impeaching a president requires that he had committed "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

So it basicly boiled down to having enough evidence to convince congress that he could be charged with something that amounts to 'high crimes or misdemeanors'.

And they decided that there wasn't.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nanci Pelosi said she'd start an impeachment process once she had so many letters requesting impeachment. I sent mine last week ... along with a RE-registration of my voter status, so they couldn't claim my registration got lost in the mail when I go to vote in the primaries.

On a brighter note ... We raise over $6 million for Ron Paul this weekend. Just thought I let everyone know since the media seems to be doing a great job of blacking out the subject.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

i agree, that man should be put in jail. i can picture his cocky, dumb laugh as he walks ou5t of office knowing he screwed us all.

it's not right.

we the people--get no special treaqtment regarding jail and crimes.

why should they not be held liable like us.

sometimes i think we need to start our own militia to carry out american justice, and find these people and bust some knee caps--- ican't tell you how bad it gets to me how we get screwed and no one is held responsible

in nj, we can't fart without being taxed or breraking a law.

scooter libby was found guilty and walks off scott free because of who he knows----total bs.

but i guess that's our world anymore---it's not how hard your willing to work----but more of who you know

i think to what angers me more about bush,although he's a retard, he knoews what he's doing and laughing all the way to the bank. i think he's slicker than maybe we or i give him credit for

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just signed it its already at 80k plus don't they only need 50k

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Cheney only has one year left in office AND he isn't running for President.
No one will bother to try to impeach him. There is nothing 'in it' for them.
That's just the way it is.

Originally posted by tyranny22
Nanci Pelosi said she'd start an impeachment process ...

And you believe the flake? She also said the republicans wouldn't get ANY money to finance the war .. and yet a bunch of funding just got passed.

She's one spooky flake. Only 2 heartbeats from the Oval Office. YIKES!

[edit on 12/17/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Dude, your nuts? First I am not complaining that they are not hosting it, I'm complaining because you don't know who registered the domain, where they are from, and what there contact info is. If this was a legit operation, they would post the office contact info, as that info is in the public domain anyway.

2nd, You don't need an OC3 feeding a hosting server that is doing nothing more then recieving form traffic, or email traffic. A cable modem would do. Put simply The can have it on a shared host, then have the form submit the info to the server compliling the info. The issue isn't the shared hosting, the issue is you don't know who is doing this. It could be your neighborhood spammer.

How about someone calling wexlers office and confirming that this is legit. I would feel alot better about this. I myself am not from florida, so don't have access to a phone book to look up the info. Could someone do this?

I for one would feel more at ease and if this is legit will sign. If not, well, I'm not the type that gives out my private info so freely.

Cheers,

Camain

wexler.house.gov... ---- this is legit.

Washington, D.C. Office
2241 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
phone: (202) 225-3001
fax: (202) 225-5974

Palm Beach County Office
2500 North Military Trail
Suite 490
Boca Raton, FL 33431
phone: (561) 988-6302
fax: (561) 988-6423

Broward County Office
Margate City Hall
5790 Margate Blvd
Margate, FL 33063
phone: (954) 972-6454
fax: (954) 974-3191

any takers?

Camain

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This turned out to be a net rumor. I wrote a letter a ways back on this but it is not so she has made back room deals with Bush and has been going along with the torture so if she impeached him on that fact she would be also impeached. It is why she said it was off the table.

Fancy

Originally posted by tyranny22
Nanci Pelosi said she'd start an impeachment process once she had so many letters requesting impeachment. I sent mine last week ... along with a RE-registration of my voter status, so they couldn't claim my registration got lost in the mail when I go to vote in the primaries.

On a brighter note ... We raise over $6 million for Ron Paul this weekend. Just thought I let everyone know since the media seems to be doing a great job of blacking out the subject.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

No, I am not nuts.

I have called and left a message with his office concerning the website. I live in south florida and have the luxury of not needing to make a long distance call to do so.

Also you can hear Rep Wexler name the site himself in his youtube video concerning the impeachment.

www.youtube.com...

He mentions the website and address at approximately 2:04 into the video. Unless a spammer was holding a gun to his head and making him say that, I would be led to believe the site is legit.

The sky is not falling.

-xmad

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Actually, re-reading it, I do get what you mean. I guess we should contact Wexler.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Exactly, Pelosi is no better than the people that she would end up replacing. Cut from the same cloth. She doesn't bat an eye when she lies to the people. (actually that is a lie, she probably blinks more than the average human.... )

I never heard her say that she would even consider impeachment, no matter how many letters she receives. The only stance I heard her say was that she wouldn't consider it and it was off the table.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My paranoia did kick in a little as I signed up, but I'm not going to let someone intimidate me into not supporting what I believe in that easily. I mean, we could easily out ourselves as non-sheeple by registering for this forum, or in my case having a blog. Maybe I'll fall into line when someone brandishes a gun at me, until then I'll try to act without fear. Fear makes people easier to control.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
hey did you get a response back from wexlers office yet? BTW, I apoligize for saying your nuts, its just that I am a privacy nut, and I don't like giving my info out to anybody, unless they have a good reason.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
What I find most interesting about all of this is the fact that by the time that any kind of impeachment proceedings can get underway, he'll be long out of office. The courts take far too long to deliberate on things of this magnitude, and that allows him to get off scott free.

My sentiments exactly ^^^^
The committee will just table it for a year while the term
runs out which makes signing the petition useless.

My best advice is to wait for him to leave office and hit him
with a criminal indictment. This way he can't stand behind the
national security diplomatic immunity BS. Plus his boss now,
WON'T be his boss in a year. Just wait !!! He'll be less secure
after the next president takes the oath. The keyword here
is TIMING ..... now is not the time. Get him when he's a civilian !!!
It's much easier and less expensive, plus then you won't have to
fight congress when he's a civilian. Ya gotta be smart about it

I'm all for it ....... just not now .... come see me in 13 months.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
104 thousand people (104,273) and counting -- again, all you need to do is put in yr email addy and zip code. Check it:

www.wexlerwantshearings.com...

[edit on 19-12-2007 by anhinga]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join