It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cheney Impeachment Hearings Can Begin With Your Help" Articles Pass House of Representatives!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I came across this blog just now, and thought ATS members would like to check it out:

littlecountrylost.blogspot.com...

FINALLY there's some good news about the Articles of Impeachment filed by Dennis Kucinich for Dick Cheney.

Anyway, the blog talks about needing 50,000 signatures, so if you've got 2 minutes, just use that time wisely and sign the petition. I did.

Thanks.

[edit on 12/16/2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It would also be great if people who signed the petition replied back here letting other people know, and therefore fuel more signatures.

Whatever helps to get these criminals out of the White House.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Now I am not saying if I am for or against impeachment, but I am curious what grounds you support the impeachment of Cheney? Also, do you look forward to having Pelosi take his place?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah.........Impeach Cheney. As previously mentioned, on what grounds? And just WHAT is it exactly that makes people hate him anyway? I've always viewed him as a "old schooler" who doesn't take liberal crap. Your views?

What I find funny is that the "wife" of an ACTUAL IMPEACHED President could run and have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Presidency. This mantra with "Impeach Bush" and "Impeach Cheney" is getting a little worn IMHO.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What I find most interesting about all of this is the fact that by the time that any kind of impeachment proceedings can get underway, he'll be long out of office. The courts take far too long to deliberate on things of this magnitude, and that allows him to get off scott free.

Just my take on this though. As always, take it for what it's worth.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Yeah.........Impeach Cheney. As previously mentioned, on what grounds?

Here you go, the easy reading version

and the supporting documents.

kucinich.house.gov...

Supporting Documents for Article I

Article I (1)(A): Transcripts of March 17, 2002 Press Conference by Vice President Dick Cheney and His Highness Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince of Bahrain at Shaikh Hamad Palace.

Article I (1)(B): Transcripts of March 19, 2002 Press Briefing by Vice President Dick Cheney and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in Jerusalem.

Article I (1)(C): Transcripts of March 24, 2002 Wolf Blitzer interview of Vice President Cheney on CNN’s Late Edition.

Article I (1)(D): Transcripts of May 19, 2002 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article I (1)(E): Speech of Vice President Cheney at VFW 103rd National Convention on August 26, 2002.

Article I (1)(F & G): Transcripts of September 8, 2002 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article I (1)(H): Transcripts of March 16, 2003 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article I (2)(A): Pincus, Walter and Priest, Dana. “Some Iraq Analysts Felt Pressure From Cheney Visits.” Washington Post 5 June 2003: A01.

Article I (2)(B): Hersh, Seymour M. “The Stovepipe.” The New Yorker 27 October 2003.

Article I (3)(A): National Intelligence Estimate, October 1, 2002. pg. 9

Article I (3)(B): National Intelligence Estimate, October 1, 2002. pg. 84

Article I (3)(C): National Intelligence Estimate, October 1, 2002. pg. 9

United States service member deaths: Department of Defense Casualty Report

Iraqi civilian deaths: Lancet Report

Cost of the war: CRS report RL33110

Loss of military readiness: Korb, Lawrence. “A troop readiness crisis.” Boston Globe 11 April 2007.

Supporting Documents for Article II

Article II (1)(A): Speech of Vice President Cheney at the Air National Guard Senior Leadership Conference on December 2, 2002.

Article II (1)(B): Speech of Vice President Cheney to 30th Political Action Conference in Arlington, Virginia on January 30, 2003.

Article II (1)(C): Transcripts of March 16, 2003 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article II (1)(D): Transcripts of September 14, 2003 Tim Russert interview with Vice President Cheney on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Article II (1)(E): Speech of Vice President Cheney at Bush-Cheney '04 Fundraiser in Iowa on October 3, 2003.

Article II (1)(F): Speech of Vice President Cheney to the Heritage Foundation on October 10, 2003.

Article II (1)(G): Hayes, Stephen. “Cheney v. Powell.” The Weekly Standard 13 January 2004.

Article II (1)(H): Transcripts of January 22, 2004 Juan Williams interview with Vice President Cheney on NPR’s Morning Edition.

Article II (1)(I): Transcripts of June 17, 2004 Gloria Borger interview with Vice President Cheney on CNBC’s Capital Report.

Article II (2)(A): Waas, Murray. “Key Bush Intelligence Briefing Kept From Hill Panel.” National Journal 22 November 2005.

Article II (2)(B): Jehl, Douglas. “Report Warned Bush Team About Intelligence Doubts.” New York Times 6 November 2005.

Article II (2)(C): “Leaked Report Rejects Iraqi al-Qaeda link.” BBC News 5 February 2003.

United States service member deaths: Department of Defense Casualty Report

Iraqi civilian deaths: Lancet Report

Cost of the war: CRS report RL33110

Loss of military readiness: Korb, Lawrence. “A troop readiness crisis.” Boston Globe 11 April 2007.

Supporting Documents for Article III

Article III (1)(A): Speech of Vice President Cheney to American Israel Public Affairs Committee 2006 Policy Conference on March 7, 2006.

Article III (1)(B): Transcripts of January 24, 2007 Wolf Blitzer interview with Vice President Cheney on CNN’s Situation Room.

Article III (1)(C): Transcripts of January 28, 2007 Richard Wolffe interview with Vice President Cheney for Newsweek Magazine.

Article III (1)(D): Transcripts of February 24, 2007 Press Briefing with Vice President Cheney and Australian Prime Minister in Sydney, Australia.

Article III (2)(A): Transcripts of February 19, 2007 Daniel Dombey interview with Director General Mohamed ElBaradei for the Financial Times.

Article III (2)(B): International Atomic Energy Agency Board of Governors Report, February 22, 2007.

Article III (2)(C): Transcripts of February 19, 2007 Daniel Dombey interview with Director General Mohamed ElBaradei for the Financial Times.

Article III (3)(A): Hirsh, Michael. “Hirsh: A Failed Shot at Peace with Iran?” Newsweek 8 February 2007.

Article III (3)(B): Abramowitz, Michael. “Cheney Says U.S. Is Sending ‘Strong Signal’ to Iran.” Washington Post 29 January 2007: A02.

Article III (3)(C): Hersh, Seymour M. “The Iran Plans.” The New Yorker 17 April 2006.

Article III (3)(D): Londono, Ernest and al-Izzi, Saad. “Iraq Intensifies Efforts to Expel Iranian Group.” Washington Post 14 March 2007: A10.

Article III (3)(E): Hersh, Seymour M. “The Iran Plans.” The New Yorker 17 April 2006.

Article III (4)(A): Article VI of Constitution of the United States of America.

Article III (4)(B): Chapter I, Article 2 of Charter of the United Nations

Article III (4)(C): Chapter VII, Article 51 of Charter of the United Nations

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I too dont understand what the issue is for several reasons:

1) Bush and Cheney have a little more then 1 year and 1 month in office, it will be 1/20/2009 before we know it.

2) Just because you hate him and because its a fad to hate the government is not grounds to impeach a government official.

3) As Karlhungis said would you really rather Pelosi? As far as im concerned she would make Bush and Cheney look like saints!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Because the alternative is to do nothing and allow him to continue on in his career without so much as a blemish on his record, and at the same time show every future vice president that they can act in the same way without ever facing any consequences. A lie is an impeachable offense. Why? Because we don't want our political representatives lying to us. Do we?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
3) As Karlhungis said would you really rather Pelosi? As far as im concerned she would make Bush and Cheney look like saints!

She would only be a place holder until the next election, if she ever took the office at all.

How many wars would someone have to start to make Bush and Cheney look like saints?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

liberal crap!!!! ....for me it is quite simple....this administration serves only the wealthy and powerful.... not me....they borrow money and at the same time cut taxes...running up our debt and devalueing our currency as is happening now. if the democrats get in they will have to raise taxes back up to stablize the national debt load. the only other way is to cut discretionary spending, which hurts the lower 90% of the american population. thus this perpetuates the myth that the only thing that democrats want to do is "raise your taxes"...when actually it's paying off the "credit card" debt the republicans ran up. the republicans lack any fiscal or family values. it's "i got mine, so F you.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i apolegize to any of the older republicans... i have some friends that are from that school of thinking and even they don't understand their party any more. alot of people from both parties are digusted

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that BigProbe, and sorry it's taken me so long to write back.

Cheney needs to be impeached for the reasons posted above, and here is a webpage with video of Dennis Kucinich explaining it all:

www.afterdowningstreet.org...

And I don't know how anyone here feels about Slate.com, but here is an excellent article as well:

www.slate.com...

Also, I know that Cheney would be out of office by the time we could get him impeached, but that doesn't mean we should sit around and do nothing. It is not only a symbol of America finally fighting back, but a huge stepping stone in removing Bush as well.

And some food for thought, Cheney's Halliburton stocks (433,000 of them) have risen almost 3300% in the past year alone. Combine that with the White House manipulating the media about Global Warming, and it makes you wonder what his true motivations are.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

You know, nothing irritates me more than someone telling me why I believe in something, and implying that I'm doing it because it's a FAD is ludicrous and stupid. You sound ridiculous trying to get inside my head. Do some research on your own, and quit trying to sound smart, it doesn't fit you.

And Pelosi wouldn't step in because Bush and Cheney would be out of office by then. It's more of a statement instead of a function to impeach either or the both of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think this is a crock of Sh**. First if wexler wanted hearings, then why is it he can't get his office to actually register the domain legitamately. I wanna see the name info as being his, otherwise, to me, its just another B.S. attempt to get my email address and contact info, so that people can spam, scam, or otherwise annoy me.

The IP resolves to a secureserver.net domain. this means its on a shared host, with other domains, Meaning not in his office. Additionally, its registration info is hidden, by the B.S. domainsbyproxy.com in order to hide who registered it.

I reiterate, IF THIS WAS LEGIT, there is no reason to hide the registration info. He could have just put his local office contact info, WHICH is in the PUBLIC domain anyway.

THIS IS B.S. and don't be fooled by it. Somebody wants your contact info for some reason or anyother, and you don't know who they are.

Cheers,

Camain

wexlerwantshearings.com = [ 64.202.189.170 ]

64.202.189.170 = [ pwfwd-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net ]

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: WEXLERWANTSHEARINGS.COM
Created on: 09-Dec-07
Expires on: 09-Dec-08
Last Updated on: 09-Dec-07

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration WEXLERWANTSHEARINGS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration WEXLERWANTSHEARINGS.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS19.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS20.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Better to empeach treasonist democats. They are most deserving the nations condimnation

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Looks like they're getting the registrations they're looking for though, the website shows they've got 59,570 sign ups and counting.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

...yeah to tens of thousands of people who care, who want neo freaking Nazis out of power/control(s) of most of the show.

65+ thousand signatures now. All you need to leave is an email/zip code:

www.wexlerwantshearings.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
People, you don't know who is getting that information. You could be giving the Neo Nazis it for them to take you away. I would STRONGLY recommend against it.

Please read my above post.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

...I don't care how much anti-monitoring software you have, *they* watch what you look at and anybody on this site is then suspect.

The oppressor? Sure, but don't be alarmist about their role in this... when they censor my rights, I lost -- until then, I choose the 'freedom' *they* talked about bringing to the mid east -- trillion of dollars later, the U.S. is in a state of decline. Impeach them today.

zfacts.com...

[edit on 16-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i hate the fact many argue that he's leaving office sonn so why bother???

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!

he broke the law and should beheld liable.

also if me or you commited a crime we couldn't use an excuse like this.

hypothetical----i get my 3rd dwi and will be sentenced to4-5 years in jail. i lose hope and rob a liquor store and get caught. can i use the excuse well i'm already going to jail in a month for dwi, let me go for robbery, heck i'm already going to jail it's to late to get me for robbery.----no way

i realize this is a crazy outlandish comparison and maybe doesn't correlate but u get the drift

also he has done worse than robbery----how many people have been affected by bush/cheney's actions????

they should not be allowed to get away with this just because they're leaving,,,,i don't think it's right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join