It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Everyone Got It Wrong!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Former Gulf war vet and Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter, along with his colleagues from Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) had it right all along. And no one in the mainstream media, government and White House paid any attention to them and their warnings. The war in Iraq was pre-ordained and had nothing whatsoever to do with 9-11 or WMD.

In Ritter's own words:

Not everyone got it wrong on Iraq's weapons

The missing WMD

By Scott Ritter

Friday, February 6, 2004: (IHT) WASHINGTON: 'We were all wrong," David Kay, the Bush administration's former top weapons sleuth in Iraq, recently told members of Congress after acknowledging that there were probably no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Kay insisted that the blame for the failure to find any such weapons lay with the U.S. intelligence community, which, according to Kay, provided inaccurate assessments.

The Kay remarks appear to be an attempt to spin potentially damaging data to the political advantage of President George W. Bush.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hmm...good post, but all the same we are still out here and people are still living in the past on this. I'm not saying thatitshouldn't be investigated, but it's really getting out of hand. People should focus more on current events. just my opinions though.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes. Current events is getting rid of the corrupt administration once and for all, and ensuring it never happens again.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There you have it. I'm not 100% for this war but i'm already here and I would like to make sure I don't come back.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Medic, I've been there myself. (Iraq and Saudi Arabia during the Gulf war) One reason my opposition to the invasion and occupation has been so intense is because I do not believe in putting our troops into harm's way to enrich the bank accounts of greedy war-mongers. This is war for profit, and you and all the other troops are worth too much to America to just piss away like that. It's unacceptable. And the matter of BushCo lying everyone into it - most everyone - MUST be addressed. We MUST have accountability!

Oh yeah, and did you know, during all of this, BushCo. is busy slashing veterans' benefits left and right? Better hope you come home in one piece, mentally and physically, cause you're gonna be pretty much be on your own. That is also unacceptable!

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
There you have it. I'm not 100% for this war but i'm already here and I would like to make sure I don't come back.

I know what you mean. I hope you make it back safely, and never go out as part of an illegal and corrupt mission again.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Oh yeah i know about the benefit slashing..Were raising hell about it...firstreal thing i heard about it was hospitals charging the wounded for meals. Pissed me off to no end. Hell I treated some of those guys. Really infuriates me.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"Blame it on US Intelligence"?

And just which organisation was providing the intelligence? Which organisation had inspectors on the ground in pre-war Iraq? Which organisation kept saying that Iraq was not destroying it's weapons or complying with resolutions? Which organisation did Kaye work for?

The UN has been very crafty in it's playing of the Iraq intelligence scenario. It played a crooked game before, during and after.

Sure Allied intelligence screwed up. But just who was egging them on?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Sure Allied intelligence screwed up. But just who was egging them on?

Hmmmmm.

Primarily, the neo-con crazies and the Whitehouse and the Office Of Special Plans, of course.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh yeah i know about the benefit slashing..Were raising hell about it...firstreal thing i heard about it was hospitals charging the wounded for meals. Pissed me off to no end. Hell I treated some of those guys. Really infuriates me.

That's another reason I'm so pissed off at Bush. And not for me - luckilly I made it home safe and sound. But for those who suffer from Agent Orange, the Gulf War Syndrome, WW2 and Korean war vets now needing meds. and treatments as they age, and for all of our new wounded and maimed Iraq vets. Where will they turn? How can we ask our troops to go fight for us when we will not even stand behind them and take care of them when they fall? I get SO damn mad about this! It is infuriating!

WE CANNOT FORGET OUR VETS!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I know what you mean...even over here we don't have and can't get everything we need. It's frustrating...and we're a lost voice, cause nobody seems to hear what we say...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The blame is on the one who makes the call to invade based on false evidence. If I approach the president and tell him "Russia is going to attack tomorrow, so we better attack them now" and the president does this based on that lie I told him, am I at fault or is he?

It was his choice/decision to not ask me to verify myself and prove my assertions in my intelligence report, and he acted on MY hunch and led the country into chaos. Well the responsibility rests on my shoulders for deception, and his shoulders for being gullible and inept to be commander in chief.

However, the reality of the situation is much more subtle, and many manipulations and little white lies and also big damning lies have been passed around. No single person/group is really more responsible for the overall actions of the USA, as all who had a hand in it in any way, contributed to it. But I agree that this may be part of the strategy of the white house to shift the blame to the INTELLIGENCE people, and away from the president. I don't care either way, but maybe the people of the nation will learn something from this and will make adequate adjustements in our political system and any other area they feel necessary to prevent such a misleading to occur in the future? Maybe...

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I know what you mean...even over here we don't have and can't get everything we need. It's frustrating...and we're a lost voice, cause nobody seems to hear what we say...

Tell me about it. This is what we were yelling about before the invasion. Rumsfeld in all of his "brilliance" threw out the TipFid for God's sake! (The established guide to equipping and supplying a combat force. )Because of that, everything else - everything you guys needed to survive and continue - got frocked up. You've done an outstanding job in your ability to IMPROVISE, ADAPT AND OVERCOME.

You know, people died because of that idiocy. That's unforgiveable. Rumsfeld should've fired a long, long time ago!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's an article by John Pilger. He correctly reported that WMD were simply a pretext for an already planned war on Iraq. Included are several quite damning quotes from none other than Colin Powell and Ms. Condi Rice.

THE BIG LIE Sep 22 2003

JOHN PILGER REVEALS WMDs WERE JUST A PRETEXT FOR PLANNED WAR ON IRAQ

John Pilger

EXACTLY one year ago, Tony Blair told Parliament: "Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction programme is active, detailed and growing.

"The policy of containment is not working. The weapons of mass destruction programme is not shut down. It is up and running now."

Not only was every word of this false, it was part of a big lie invented in Washington within hours of the attacks of September 11 2001 and used to hoodwink the American public and distract the media from the real reason for attacking Iraq. "It was 95 per cent charade," a former senior CIA analyst told me.

An investigation of files and archive film for my TV documentary Breaking The Silence, together with interviews with former intelligence officers and senior Bush officials have revealed that Bush and Blair knew all along that Saddam Hussein was effectively disarmed.

www.mirror.co... .uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13434081_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-THE-BIG-LIE-name_page.html

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You would think that Bush and Blair would resign after leading our countries to war on false information. This war was illegal and everyone knows it. Benefits the people in business with the Bush administration.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
You would think that Bush and Blair would resign after leading our countries to war on false information. This war was illegal and everyone knows it. Benefits the people in business with the Bush administration.

Well, if you think we went there for oil, it also benefits anyone who drives a car or heats their home...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by earthtone

Well, if you think we went there for oil, it also benefits anyone who drives a car or heats their home...

I understand what you're saying, Esoterica; but it's still not justified. Our invasion was an illegal, immoral act.

Earthtone's right.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wasn't saying it's necessarily justified. But to attack the war on one day, then go drive around in your Expedition the next doesn't give you a leg to stand on, so to speak.

People want the world to be an idyllic place. The reason that America is as idyllic as it is is based on our big stick, not our soft voice.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
I wasn't saying it's necessarily justified. But to attack the war on one day, then go drive around in your Expedition the next doesn't give you a leg to stand on, so to speak.

People want the world to be an idyllic place. The reason that America is as idyllic as it is is based on our big stick, not our soft voice.

No Esoterica, it's based on our oil economy/infrastructure. It's the most wicked catch 22 in the world. We have to change our entire policy, everything the west is built upon in order to not need middle eastern oil. That road will lead to our nation's demise. The scariest part is we are so far away from actually being able to do that.

And then there's the fact that oil peaked in the 60's. Supply is dwindling. Demand is exploding.

When I joined the Army, I took an oath to defend the US against enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC. Tho I no longer wear the uniform, I will still fight those who are doing my country harm. BushCo, first and foremost. He represents the most dark and greedy people the world has ever seen - not the USA.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Questions:

Do any of you who prophecy, decree, claim "false information", "corrupt", "all a lie", etc. know precisely what information/data was used to determine the status and information of Iraqi WMD? Any of you know precisely what intelligence data/information/reports were used to make the decision to go to war against Iraq? Do any of you know the inner workings of the White House and governmental foreign policy making and decisions and how the process is obtained and arrived at a/an majority conclusion?

Just trying to be objective is all and thus was wondering if anyone really understands what is totally involved in foreign policy decisions and best interests of a nation, etc.

Thanks.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join