It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Temple Taking fingerprints and toothprints at local fair

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn
Freemasonry seems to define everything that you are. With out it you wouldn't have any true sense of identity. You need the structure and brotherly connection that Free masonry gives you. With out it you are nil.

What a tremendously profound thought. Might you not be projecting? Allow me to modify your original quote. My additions are in bold.....

Alan Watt seems to define everything that you are. With out him you wouldn't have any true sense of identity. You need the structure and brotherly connection that Alan gives you. With out him you are nil.

Edit to add: Fitz did not call the esteemed Mr. Watt a paranoid, that was me.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Oh, I'm so sorry your holiness, I did not realize that you were a 32 degree Freemason.

Actually, most of the Masons here on ATS are either 32° or 33°, so I'm in good company.

Now this just changes everything.

Not for me. I still think you're just trolling and baiting. I've been a member of ATS now for about 4 years, and I've seen it all before.

By the way I'm not even sure Alan is aware of ATS.

And I've never heard of Alan. But if he wishes to discuss Masonry with us, he is certainly welcome to.

Freemasonry seems to define everything that you are.

Freemasonry, as an organization, does not define me. However, the philosophy and teachings that are embraced by Freemasonry certainly *do* define me.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well excuse me Fitz for misquoting you. Now Augustus have you ever listened to an

entire mp3 from Alan's show? If so please indulge me. In what way does he come across

as paranoid?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To answer you're question Fitz Alan lives in Estaire, Ontario, Canada, you can look it up

on his website and then if you'd like look it up on a map.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greydawn

I am a 32º as well.. I wish I could be called holiness and supreme being as well...

Annyy ways. Couple things mate.

First, stop attacking people who respond to you even though you didn't "directly talk to them" .. Being an internet forum I have no clue where you got the idea these where private conversations you where having.

Secondly.. The site is crap.. its plain and simple. No if and or buts about it.

The guy knows jack about Masonry, and I don't give a damn how many logs hes splitting or what ever other crap you know about him. If hes as knowledgeable as you have said many times he would have no problem being on ATS debating real Masons.

If you wish to let your profound ignorance of Masonry to continue then go ahead and stick to his site, but I can assure you.. if you want to learn about Masonry, talk to a real Mason.

Logical sense no?

I have no need to listen to his crap because I have heard it a hundred times from a hundred sources.. Just because its on the internet, does not make it true.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Rockpuck if you have no need to read this crap or listen to this crap as it were, then

why continue to do so? Move on, find another post, there are only thousands of others

to respond to. If you think I don't know what I am talking about, then why do you

continue to respond? If you know the truth then it shall prevail, your presence is not

needed, so bug off.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I examined several of the ones on the website you provided. I found them to be tedious and ponderous. Recording ones voiced opinion and then placing it your own website does not make them true.

In regards my opinion of him being a parnaoid it is due to his completely unfounded and unsubstantiated spewings regarding Masonry. None of his remarks are founded in anything other then supposition.

It would appear that you prefer your opinions in a like manner since the opportunity to actually ask questions and receive answers to them from Masons is right infront of you. But you are failing to utilize the opportunity and instead post transposed opinions that you rendered from the brilliant Mr. Watt.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Its a very funny thing Fitz, how you appear on this thread when no one is even talking

to you. Why not let your mason buddy stand up for himself.

You are assuming anyone needs to "stand up" against you. In reality, your "arguments" (I put that in quotes because they are not really arguments, just endless fallacies) are being completely and utterly destroyed while I sit down and drink a Diet Pepsi.
Your arguments are so shallow and so anti-masonic at their core you act surprised other people would not take the opportunity to respond to your postings.

When you said that Alan is a paranoid where did you get that from? Ever listened to an entire

show? I didn't think so.

Silly you, you must have selective memory. I PAINFULLY listened to an ENTIRE SHOW while I was cleaning my apartment. And I can without a doubt attest that "paranoid" does not begin to describe this man. He is beyond paranoid, and I would highly recommend that he see a psychologist because he likely has paranoid schizophrenia.

Why is it the anti-masons worship at the altar of their anti-mason messiah? Since you have proclaimed him to be an expert on masons, what exactly are his credentials? I could find none. Not even a college degree. I would submit anyone with any college degree - and especially those in the areas of philosophy and religion - would be more qualified. Oh wait, that would be me. In my academic opinion, he would be completely and utterly be laughed out of the religion academy. In fact, they probably would not even let him in the doors. You see, there is thing called "proof." You should learn about it. So should he.

You still have not told us why Alan Watts speaks the truth simply because he CLAIMS all sorts of things. He has not once cited proof, nor any source - even a unreliable/biased one. He is so anti-masonic it borderlines on being a caricature of anti-masonic personalities.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hey, I'm 32nd too - perhaps we should all call each other Master =O. Well, unless your in the northern jursidction, then you WOULD get to be a Prince of the Royal Secret - lucky you! Greydawn, since you offered, I suggest you now begin addressing us by our proper titles. Northern Jursidcition 32nds should be addressed with Prince, and southern jurisdictions should be called Master.

What is most amusing is that the royal secret of the 32nd degree is something that it seems our friend greydawn here could never learn. Its a shame, because it is something that anyone could learn and would help him much with his anger and loathing towards societies he does not understand.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
oh LightinDarkness you are boring me out of my mind. Please say something of value,

as this thread has become so mundane. But first consult with your masonic brothers,

you might then think of something worth occupying the bandwidth with which you are

wasting.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just thinking about proper titles for the two of you. How does Nobody # 1 and

Nobody# 2 sound to you. If you'd like we can revise. Get back to me and let me

know what you think.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Uh oh, it looks like your running out of steam. Instead of addressing the arguments, you are now just dismissing everything. To bad, it was just getting amusing too.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

By the way there are 360 degrees in freemasonry, just like there are 360 degrees in a circle. But don't worry about the higher degrees unless of course you are a second generation Mason, then you can go to 40 degrees, and if you are a third generation mason you can go all the way to 360 degrees, although it is extremely uncommon.

I feel cheated. I've only gone as far as the 32 degree of Scottish Rite. My family's history with Freemasonry goes back at least as far as my great, great, great grandfather. There's even a lodge about an hour away from me that was named for him.

Why haven't I been approached about the higher degrees? I feel so used.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Angus you will remain a 32 degree mason unless you are useful to the establishment.

If say for instance you were an editor for a nationally syndicated newspaper, you

might have a chance at going higher because you would be able to help sway public

opinion for the guardians of society. Or if maybe you held a high political office then

you might be able to go higher as long as you towed the line. Just my opinion, I really

don't care what the other masons think.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus65

Why haven't I been approached about the higher degrees? I feel so used.

By the authority vested in me as Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry, High Priest of Lucifer and Grand Master General of All Really Groovy Egyptian Stuff, I hereby declare you a Mason of the 765th degree, and Commander In Chief of Bringing The Killian's Red and Potato Chips. Congratulations, my brother!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Angus you will remain a 32 degree mason unless you are useful to the establishment. If say for instance you were an editor for a nationally syndicated newspaper, you might have a chance at going higher because you would be able to help sway public opinion for the guardians of society. Or if maybe you held a high political office then you might be able to go higher as long as you towed the line. Just my opinion, I really don't care what the other masons think.

So greydawn,

Is it safe to say that your 'information' about Masonry comes from this Watt character out of Sudbury alone? If not, then please enlighten us with a sampling of your sources. Since you obviously aren't a Mason yourself, how is it that (once again) a non-Mason feels he knows more about the inner workings of Masonry than Masons themselves?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There was a similar program at our school that will get those crying police state even more in an uproar. Bascally it would take all the details of a child ie. picture, height weight, name fingerprint ect and put them on a card with a chip. For example if you were at Walt Disney World or other places, and you lost your kid, you could inform the authorities there give them the card and in an instant they could lock down the exits and give photo and details of the kid to everyone searching for them. It allows critical information to get to the right people as soon as possible.

I will try to find the name of that program.

If it ends up saving one child from a freak, then it's worth it in my opinion.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by pavil]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its silly how each and every thread in this Forum is distorted into a stereotype "masons vs. anti-masons" thread.

To return to the title of this thread and to deviate from stereotypes: Im proud to be a mason. And I dont like chipping people. I dont think its a good idea (especially when considering the reaction of paranoids to stuff like this, its not even a good business idea).

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have spoken with several masons personally during my lifetime. Some of them were

third and fourth generations masons. Most of them would agree with the masons on this

thread. Two of them however have discussed Freemasonry going all the way to a 360th

degree. They have also discussed what it takes to get to the 40th degree. I have also

heard about how the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry gave the charter to the Mafia to exist.

Because at the highest levels of society they run both the over world and the under world.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Masonic Light, you must give warning before you post like this - my diet coke is now all over my computer.
Would you elevate me to the 360th degree, Worshipful Sovereign and Supreme Commander of Salad and General of the Bleu Cheese?
Mmmm. Salad.

To greydawn: You have not offered any sources that either verifiable or seem to be legitimate. Than Alan Watts simply proclaims there to be 360 degrees in masonry does not make it real, and he provides no evidence or justification for his claim. There is nothing about his background that lends credibility to his claim. That you spoke to "two masons" who "talked about" masonry going up to 360 degrees tells me that you must have made them mad enough to just begin humoring you. That, your you spoke to someone in an irregular and clandestine rite like Memphis-Misiram (which does go up to 90 degrees I think). However, clandestine rites like Memphis-Misiram cannot be joined by any "mainstream" mason and its members represents an even laughably small amount of people that are irregular freemasons to begin with.

Also, you have "heard" the AASR let the mafia exist? What? What is the source and evidence for this?

[edit on 18-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join