It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Bible Be Questioned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

" if you don't question everything, then how will you know the "truth" ""

If you (do) question (everything) the how will your serch ever end (in) truth?

Why should it end? It's too much fun to keep learning! If you find truth, and question it, it will just confirm itself over and over. If indeed it's a lie, you'll find that out, and move on! It's fun, try it! Question your "beliefs" unless you're afraid or not ready to touch that yet

Btgw, james the lesser, is that you?

peace.

James the lesser? Are you asking me? In that case no it's not!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ashley, you said the guide to heaven?

what is heaven? Take a look at the world, what do you see? and doesnt evrybody ormost of the people live away from what the bible teaches?

If the world is today because they live theexact opposite of biblical teachings, then this should be heaven right now and all I see is sin and the world being on the very ends of its own destruction, and all this because the world lives the exact opposite of the bible.

How come my heart says murder and adultury, and stealing, and lying are wrong, yet noone scared me into it except (me). This is my heart, the commands are my heart even before I ever read scripture. can you even fathom that thought for a second? that what laws arei scripture are implanted in the hearts of men and women?

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I can't question what God has shown me because its my heart, and I will not question my heart, you do not know my heartand only God knows. You know it too but want to quesion your own heart, when your heart cares for a reason.

"" truth ""

Lilblam, lets say there is an ultimate truth out there the started everything. How can this be found when you will question even it? How can yu search for something that you will question? even whe it is revealed you will be too confused to realize it.

And no your not Jame the lesser. I was on here two years ago and we talked alot before.

All im asking sincerely, im not trying to win arguments, or sound wise ect. Im asking you to find out why you care, or why you do not join evil. This when you find the answer you will not question because its part of your heart that only God creates. Thats all im asking.

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes it should be questioned. There are several religions the predate the bible, Hindu for example. Why don't you consider these to be true? The only thing I know for sure is that I exist. "I think therefore, I am."-Descart

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I can't question what God has shown me because its my heart, and I will not question my heart, you do not know my heartand only God knows. You know it too but want to quesion your own heart, when your heart cares for a reason.

"" truth ""

Lilblam, lets say there is an ultimate truth out there the started everything. How can this be found when you will question even it? How can yu search for something that you will question? even whe it is revealed you will be too confused to realize it.

And no your not Jame the lesser. I was on here two years ago and we talked alot before.

All im asking sincerely, im not trying to win arguments, or sound wise ect. Im asking you to find out why you care, or why you do not join evil. This when you find the answer you will not question because its part of your heart that only God creates. Thats all im asking.

peace.

Let's just say it's up to you to learn and discover. What I said in my last reply should be enough! Everything else is up to you. And I realise that you're not arguing but just asking, and I'm simply answering

So you should do what you want, and progress at your own pace. We're obviously perceiving the world differently, and it doesn't appear as if we can arrive at a mutual understanding other than...

God is love. Do you agree? You can understand God through love! If you agree, then we can agree on this and leave it at that

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
jus asreved himself to me through love and miracles when I did not know him.

if you should question everything, then why not question buddha? You don't know all the circumstances of why people believe in Jesus who was the Godof the OT who existed well before buddha from Adam to eve to noah.

I truley think people question Jesus because of his morality, and people just love sinning and need to question it.

I have a strong feeling that if jesus said,

1. Thou shall smoke weed every day

2. Thou shallget drunk on fridays

3. thou shall look at naked women and feen for them everday to the point whee thats all you think about.

4. thou shall beatup anybody who yells at you

5. thou shall be rude to evrybody

I have a strong feelin that if he preached this, he would be hailed as a genius, but he is hated because he preaches the truth.

How many would love a God who condoned evil? How many would hail a Godwith those commands? How long would the earth exist with those commands?

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im sorry lilblam, that last response was to the other guy.

I do agree on that point, that God is love, and this is whats in my heart, and is something that I know is true for me personally.

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

if you should question everything, then why not question buddha? You don't know all the circumstances of why people believe in Jesus who was the Godof the OT who existed well before buddha from Adam to eve to noah.

I think it comes to the fact that Evidence is aplenty to proves Siddartha's existence and his teaching.

And when did Jesus exist before Buddha?

Deep

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

You don't know all the circumstances of why people believe in Jesus who was the Godof the OT who existed well before buddha from Adam to eve to noah.

How do you know this? Oh yeah, it was in a book. There's never been a book that was untrue so you must be right.
I can't wait until I go to New York. I'm gonna catch Spiderman.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

You don't know all the circumstances of why people believe in Jesus who was the Godof the OT who existed well before buddha from Adam to eve to noah.

How do you know this? Oh yeah, it was in a book. There's never been a book that was untrue so you must be right.
I can't wait until I go to New York. I'm gonna catch Spiderman.

So.. NotToHappy... your avatar... she got a name?

Do you think I'll be questioning what she wants to do? Eh?

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

So.. NotToHappy... your avatar... she got a name?

Who cares what her name is? Did you see how hot she is? Really, I don't know her name.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
But of course... if all books are true, Playboy must be true too... there really are bunnies that look like that... I swear I'm taking up hunting! It's rabbit season!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yeah I find it hard to even read posts if I catch a glimps at your avatar.

She's #ING hot!

Deep

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How do you know buddha? How do you know his story?

How do you know jesus? Jesus existed and was prophecied by prophets to come into the world years and years before he came.

Like I said, if buddha condemned strictly adultury and beer and jeus didn't would you, not too happy, turn the disscusion against buddha?

Does it all come down to morality, and his strict teachings? answer truthfully.

"" when did Jesus exist before Buddha ""

I believe that jesus was the god of the OT who he says he is all througout the NT, and the OT prophets predict his coming exspecially Isaiah and Psalms.

You can see it how you want to, im not trying to force you to believe.

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Did you guys know that Jesus had sex with 3 differnet women (none of whom he was married to) and now we have over 300,000 direct descendants of Jesus alive and well in all different parts of the world? He was also never crucified, and that was based on a lie.

Ok fine that was all said by the Cassiopaeans but who's to say they're any more wrong than the Christian mind control system?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Here is the Transcript from Cassiopaean material...
=================================

Q: (L) I would like more details about the man you say is the biological father of Jesus. Once again, what is his name?
A: Tonatha.
Q: (L) You said he was an acquaintance of Mary's?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Was he selected for some reason to be the biological father of Jesus by other beings or powers.
A: Close.
Q: (L) Can you give us any details about him. What was his lineage, where did he come from, etc.
A: He was a member of the white sect.
Q: (L) What is the white sect?
A: AKA Aryans. Andarans. (Laura's note: Who are the Andarans?)
Q: (L) Was Mary a member of the Essene group?
Q: (L) Was this man also a member of the Essenes?
A: No.
Q: (L) This person, Tonatha, was chosen to be the biological father of Jesus?
Q: (L) Why did Mary not marry him?
A: Feelings were extremely transient.
Q: (L) You are saying she was fickle?
A: No. Influenced by telepathic suggestion.
Q: (L) Was she already betrothed at this time?
A: No. Hypnotized level 1.
Q: (L) Did Mary and Joseph, once together, subsequently have other children?
A: No. But Jesus did.
Q: (L) Jesus had children? Who was he married to?
A: Was not.
Q: (L) You mean he had illegitimate children?
A: Subjective institutionally.
Q: (L) Who was the mother of these children?
A: There were three women.
Q: (L) There were three women?
Q: (L) Are they mentioned in the Bible?
A: One is but not by name.
Q: (L) Who was one of them?
A: Alicia.
Q: (L) What was the name of the second one?
A: Rafea.
Q: (L) The third one?
A: Vella. Romans.
Q: (L) All three of them were Romans?
Q: (L) And what happened to the children?
A: Survived and multiplied fruitfully.
Q: (L) How many children were there from the three mothers?
A: Three.
Q: (L) Is that, as some people claim, the true meaning of the search for the Holy Grail, that it is not a cup but the "Sang
Real", or holy blood line?
Q: (L) Are there any descendants of Jesus living today?
A: 364,142.
Q: (L) Was Jesus Christed in the sense of having some special mantle of power falling over him at the time of his
baptism?
A: Nearly correct.

and there's a lot more but that basically covers the point about Jesus and his kids.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think the reader should know by now by the last few post.

Your guys minds are focused on a women, and then you say im controlled. arent you guys controlled by a picture?

I think it does all come down to lifestyle.

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

How do you know jesus? Jesus existed and was prophecied by prophets to come into the world years and years before he came.

Like I said, if buddha condemned strictly adultury and beer and jeus didn't would you, not too happy, turn the disscusion against buddha?

I believe that jesus was the god of the OT who he says he is all througout the NT, and the OT prophets predict his coming exspecially Isaiah and Psalms.

peace.

Where's your proof that Jesus existed? You have none, just a book. I'm not attacking Jesus, I'm questioning the source of these "facts" you have about him. When was the bible written? What about all the religions that existed before then? Are they false? Also, christianity didn't spread because of Jesuses goodness. It spread because the Roman emperor Constantene was converted and descided to persecute (torture/kill) those who didn't follow his beliefs. That's why christianity is a predominately European thing. Europeans brought it to the americas and again persecuted those (native americans) who didn't believe. Alot of blood has been spilled in the name of Jesus for him being such a great guy.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

peace.

Where's your proof that Jesus existed? You have none, just a book. I'm not attacking Jesus, I'm questioning the source of these "facts" you have about him. When was the bible written? What about all the religions that existed before then? Are they false? Also, christianity didn't spread because of Jesuses goodness. It spread because the Roman emperor Constantene was converted and descided to persecute (torture/kill) those who didn't follow his beliefs. That's why christianity is a predominately European thing. Europeans brought it to the americas and again persecuted those (native americans) who didn't believe. Alot of blood has been spilled in the name of Jesus for him being such a great guy.

Can I have an AMEN?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Europeans brought it to the americas and again persecuted those (native americans) who didn't believe. Alot of blood has been spilled in the name of Jesus for him being such a great guy.

Can I have an AMEN?

ahmen. (another funny thing about christians, ...always signing off to a dead egyptian king!)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join