It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Bible Be Questioned

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I question EVERYTHING. My question is, why would it upset God that we are questioning the bible? Doesnt he want us to use our brains? And who knows how many people have changed stories and twisted things.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Be it the Bible, the Torah, the Koran, the Vedic Texts, the book of Mormon, whatever,......anything that tries to impose its will on you should be questioned.

perhaps kilroy, you are opposed to the bible being questioned because you are afraid you will no longer be able accept it word for word?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You can question books and letters, but you cannot question miracles.

"" I question everything ""

then how will you find the ultimate truth? once you think you find it then don't you question it? So you will be on a never ending search.

peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Why not? I have seen televanglests perform "miracles" that would shame a two-bit street magician.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If question everything, so I can gather information and make my own educated guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Have you seen these miracles?
You seem to believe without questioning which is your folly. Without questioning we would all by mindless drones.

Deep

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
amuk very true, I have seen these televangelist and they do profane God and his miracles. their due is coming.

What I mean is personal miracles yo experience in complete darkess in silence that oly you and God know about. Im talking abot askin for something in your head and it happening the same day type of true miracles.

JAI, " guess "

wouldnt this intelligent guess be from some kind of truth you heard about? so wouldnt the guess be a belief? How can a regulars person guess end when un endin stories are in the world, wouldn't you have to come to the conclusion that there should only be one revealed truth to mandkind that only God knows who knows everything?

Not trying to be rude, just seeing what you mea by this,

peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
For now I have to make the best educated guess that I can, and I will find out the total truth when I come face to face with God. Even then, I will have questions.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Should the bible be questioned? Hell yes! Everything should be questioned. It is the only way that we grow and learn. Without evolution there is no point.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
then how will you find the ultimate truth? once you think you find it then don't you question it? So you will be on a never ending search.

Precisely!!! Like the old saying goes, "It's the journey, not the destination." We will never know the "ultimate" Truth until we die, so all we can do in life is try to understand things as best we can with what we've got. That involves a constant process of question and answer. Since we can never know everything, anything is possible. Therefore, everything must always be questioned.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Two of the most obnoxious people on the planet are new Christians and those who have just quit smoking.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Don't forget people who believe blindly even though the proof that they and what they follow is wrong, they can be very annoying. well, christians can be very annoying.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey T., I just quit smoking, no wait ..... I just change my mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i say we strap the sucker into a chair, shine a bright light on it, make it swear on the bible to tell the whole truth and nothing but, and THEN we'll know how to selfishly save our own personal asses.
the bible is a book. the truth is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Not to critize ur guys' way of thinking but "Truth" is the only one that sees it correctly. Everything in life is questioned thats why i rasied the topic. (yeah quick stealing company slogans...geez). Everbody is affraid being turned around in their way of life you dont know the truth until you found it and if you question everything then you will never find the truth. God gave you a brain to speak, talk listen...etc....Hey gave man the free will to believe as we wish. Im not having an attitude im upset with people questioning things that are so real and miraclulous when you experience then yourself in their entirety. The Bible, Christianity, God, Christ, Its all questioned everyday in everyones life. I even question it time to time. Thats why people "backslide" and Turn from God. "You dont know how good the top is until you have hit rock bottom." I appreciate everyones input and 2 cents worth.

God Bless

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilroyNo1
Not to critize ur guys' way of thinking but "Truth" is the only one that sees it correctly. Everything in life is questioned thats why i rasied the topic. (yeah quick stealing company slogans...geez). Everbody is affraid being turned around in their way of life you dont know the truth until you found it and if you question everything then you will never find the truth. God gave you a brain to speak, talk listen...etc....Hey gave man the free will to believe as we wish. Im not having an attitude im upset with people questioning things that are so real and miraclulous when you experience then yourself in their entirety. The Bible, Christianity, God, Christ, Its all questioned everyday in everyones life. I even question it time to time. Thats why people "backslide" and Turn from God. "You dont know how good the top is until you have hit rock bottom." I appreciate everyones input and 2 cents worth.

God Bless

Are you afraid to question certain things? Certain things that make you feel "cozy" and "warm"? Are you afraid they may be lies and you won't feel so "cozy" and "warm" anymore? Why wouldn't you question absolutely everything?

Even if I saw some big being of light appear in front of me and say in a deep voice "I am your Loving God, my son.". I'd not belief a single word coming out of that mouth. I'd ask "Who says?". He'd say "I do". And I'd say "No, actually I am your God. Because I said so.".

It'd be just as affective, only without the hollywood light show. The point is, any "miracle" that you fail to question can be just as easily performed by any highly-technological ability by some alien race. How will you KNOW until you question?

How can you find out the "truth" unless you question everything? If you stop somewhere and say... THIS must be true so I won't question it. And then one day you question it and find out that it's a lie, how will you feel?

Give me ONE THING that you think should never be questioned. Just one! And tell me why.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
" Give me one "

Why don't you commit murder? what feelng is it in you lilblam that makes you not corrupt like the government?

You canot question being good. if you question this then are youot really evil waiting to happen? I live everyday without hating anybody or planning evil like governments, and this is what you don't question. Once you start to question your good nature, then the world is destroyed. This nature is from God on peple who just hate evil, its not made up, its not fake, its a true force that should ever be questioned.

So I ask you lilblam, if i wrong, then join them. if not why?

If God would have not shown me what he has in silence, in suffering all of this falsehood would get to me and id probably lose my mind, but whaat I don't question is my heart, which me and God knows, and only he created.

Lilblam, your search will not end, once yu think yu got it, new teories happen, and happen, until you have lost your mind when all along what your looking for is in your own heart, someting that cannot be questioned.

This is how i see it, and all it takes is to look deep into your own heart. Ask yourselves. Why don't I join evil governments and KKK or muslim terrorist, once you know why you don't do this then you will be able to know who Godis. hopefully.

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
" if you don't question everything, then how will you know the "truth" ""

If you (do) question (everything) the how will your serch ever end (in) truth?

Btgw, james the lesser, is that you?

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A new guide for the fearful should be made, The currrent guide should be replaced.Maybe another compilation,..
Does it have to be done through intimidation,murder,fear,book burning,crusades, rape ,sodomy,pressure,stupidity blackmail,extortion. Maybe for a change the guide to life and going to heaven can be led by someone smart.ha,ha,,,
I dare you .

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

" Give me one "

Why don't you commit murder? what feelng is it in you lilblam that makes you not corrupt like the government?

What feeling? Simply an orientation... to avoid being service to self, as it is not appealing to me
Corruption is service to self!

You canot question being good. if you question this then are youot really evil waiting to happen?

Good and Evil are absolutely relative and subjective. They vary totally depending on who you ask. No such thing as Good or Evil, just different perspectives and opinions on different situations. But those perspectives are based on many things including cultural conditioning, own fears, preconceptions, and beliefs. But no such thing as good and evil in any universal sense. So yes, anyone who says they are "good" or "evil" is lying to themselves, and attempting to convince others of that silly little lie. Logic shows that no action is inherently good or evil, until YOU judge it from YOUR own perspective on what should be good or evil.

I live everyday without hating anybody or planning evil like governments, and this is what you don't question.

Wrong, the governments don't plan evil. They plan to get money and serve themselves. It's only evil if you see it that way. From their perspective it's good. Like I said, it's relative!

Once you start to question your good nature, then the world is destroyed.

Once you start to question your "nature", is when you start to learn about your own programming and conditioning, and that is when you start to discover who you truly are. The first step is ALWAYS to "know thyself" and understand that this world is built on lies/illusions, and we are all acting out on them, until we question our nature, question the entire world, and look very carefully and objectively at what we do/think and figure out WHY. Not so hard, just takes effort and determination.

This nature is from God on peple who just hate evil, its not made up, its not fake, its a true force that should ever be questioned.

So I ask you lilblam, if i wrong, then join them. if not why?

*refers you to my comments above*

If God would have not shown me what he has in silence, in suffering all of this falsehood would get to me and id probably lose my mind, but whaat I don't question is my heart, which me and God knows, and only he created.

Your heart is a muscle that pumps blood. Let's be literal here please, as it keeps one logical
All your emotions/feelings/ideologies etc are in your MIND, not your heart!

Lilblam, your search will not end, once yu think yu got it, new teories happen, and happen, until you have lost your mind when all along what your looking for is in your own heart, someting that cannot be questioned.

All is questioned, and no I'm not losing my mind. That's the FUN of learning, that you always learn new things and therefore must change your mind and understanding of everything over and over, it's the most fun I can ever have. If your mind cannot handle it so you grasp at belief and stop questioning, and in turn effectively terminate your progress and learning (for the time being, till you start questioning again), that is your choice. We don't learn if we don't question! How can it be any other way?

This is how i see it, and all it takes is to look deep into your own heart. Ask yourselves. Why don't I join evil governments and KKK or muslim terrorist, once you know why you don't do this then you will be able to know who Godis. hopefully.

peace.

I know who God is. God is all that exists. I am God, and he is me. You are God, and he is You. God is the universe. All that exists is God and vice versa. Knowledge is God, and therefore if you seek belief and stagnation, that's what you get. If you objectively seek truth, creativity, knowledge, you will keep learning and you'll never stop or get hung up on an idealism (unless you choose to). It is too easy to say "I'll just go nuts if I can't make up my mind on some truth" and then just pretend that a lie is true and live with it. It's easy, but it also terminates your progress! But it is always your choice.

So once again, questioning everything seems absolutely vital to learning, to progress, to advancement of everything that is. Learning is fun, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join