It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: thanks for destroying our world!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
America has caved in to the EU.

Climate deal sealed by US U-turn

So, American's aren't destroying the world afterall

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I agree with you. There's no link between CO2 and global warming. If fact there is no global warming. .6 degrees in 100 years is nothing to be concerned with. If it was 20 degrees it would be a different story. The founder of the Weather Channel recently said if you were to take 100,000 molucules of just plain air only 38 molucules would be CO2 which is just a trace gas. If you want to reduce CO2 emissions then wipe out half the Earth's population. And what about the biggest green house gas which is water vapor. You got a plan for that to? The Earth's atmosphere is held in balance due to the fact that lightning strikes the Earth on average of 1,728,000 times a day. The seasons come and go and not one thing has changed. Go back and read your history when in the 18 humdreds it was snowing in New York in August. You can't blame big oil for that one can you! And where would you be right now without big oil and why would you deny them a profit. They invest billions of dollars of their money to find the oil, drill it, bring it to the surface, haul it or pipe it to the refineries, convert it to gas and take it to your local gas station so you can have it when ever you want and make .10 to .12 cents a gallon when the government makes on average .40 cents a gallon a does nothing. And that idiot Al Gore is the quinessential snake oil salesman of our time jetting all over the world in a quest for power and money who has a carbon footprint that is 20 times that of the average American. Global warming is junk science and is about researchers needing more grants for further studies and helping to pay their mortgages.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
I agree with you. There's no link between CO2 and global warming. If fact there is no global warming. .6 degrees in 100 years is nothing to be concerned with. If it was 20 degrees it would be a different story.

I don't think you realize how average temperatures are determined and the implications of even a small shift. Firstly, 0.6 degrees Celsius is close to 2 degrees Fahrenheit. To get a rise of 2 degrees from the average, considering the data is collected from hundreds of thousands of points around the world is a HUGE deviation. Let's say there are 10,000 weather reporting stations in the US and 100,000 worldwide. If the entire country suddenly jumped up 20 degrees in temperature (145 degree summers in AZ, 95 degree winters in FL), every single day for an entire year, that would give you a rise of only 2 degrees in average temperatures.

I'm sorry, but if you really think global warming doesn't exist you've been duped. The arctic ice sheet is disappearing, glaciers are disappearing, permafrost layers are melting, islands are sinking. You don't need a thermometer to know it's happening and it's a little bit ridiculous to think that there's a conspiracy of scientists making it happen so they can pay their mortgages...

Please remember... talk radio is for entertainment purposes only.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
Global warming is junk science and is about researchers needing more grants for further studies and helping to pay their mortgages.

You really think top UN scientists need a mortgage to buy their homes? These guys are probably on near six figure salaries. Don't try to dismiss a topic with childish remarks.

Even if we are wrong about climate change, the consequences are too dangerous to ignore.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
You really think top UN scientists need a mortgage to buy their homes? These guys are probably on near six figure salaries. Don't try to dismiss a topic with childish remarks.

In dollars, maybe.

Most scientists pick up around £30-40,000. Plumbers can make a better living. A few at the higher levels can possibly make double that. If people are after a solely money-making career, science is far from the best option.

The problem is that the guy doesn't understand how science funding works. Most top scientists have tenure, they have a job for life. Funding is a competitive process, if the money isn't funding studies into anthropogenic climate change, it will just be funding general climate science.

Indeed, the scientists are essentially saying, if we accept that AGW is a reality, we can put more money into other areas of research - technology, adaptation etc. But the exaggerated uncertainty some want to foster leads to calls for more research.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

America has caved in to the EU.

Climate deal sealed by US U-turn

So, American's aren't destroying the world afterall

Oh that is great!

I read today Gore saying 'go ahead without US as they would come on board after the next presidential election'

www.smh.com.au...

It is no laughing matter but I did laugh when I read it!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Oh that is great!

I read today Gore saying 'go ahead without US as they would come on board after the next presidential election'

www.smh.com.au...

It is no laughing matter but I did laugh when I read it!

Yeah, that's why the US delegation gave in. The rest of the international community made them isolated, so really, America has no choice.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Q U E I T H A V I N G B A B I E S !

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Yeah, okay. Magic "exhaust gasses" are going to fly around the world and choke YOU!

Sadly, the global weather system ensures that they do precisely that, and worse than that too.

Never mind, it seems your lot have finally seen reason - or being compelled to by the rest of the world. A small but satisfying victory for humanity and the earth. See you all another thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Look, use contriceptives...use condoms (# the pope and the church and what they try to brain wash you about....this is all about the survival of the human race) with a condom you can still have fun and so will she, and yet you won't be contributing to global over population (warming). If you really need a crying, #ting, screaming, nasty little, ok---I admit---they are cute----stinking little baby....just adopt! You know there are so many babies out there who need families. Wear the rubber, and / or, put it somewhere else, and adopt....but please, don't contribute to over population.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
>>>>>That the American people have always been too stubborn to change their polluting habits is not a new fact. They are deeply in love with their SUVs and don't see why a smaller less fuel consuming car should be an option to consider when buying a new car.>>>>>

They aren't just involved with their SUVs, but also with Wal Mart and Christamas, and low cost cheep plastic crap that will be unwrapped Christmas morning under the tree, and a few month's later will be in the land fill.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

icecap.us

icecap.us...

they allways fail to mention that the antartic ice cap is growing,so one sided or how does cow farting make the mars temp.raise by the same .6 degree avarge?
i refuse to bow a knee to the high preistess of gw al gore or any of his slack jawed toadys.if you want reasonable personages to belive any of this man made gloom and doom new age cow patty stuff than get a front freak that isnt some crazy ;i lost the election and went off the deep end of sanity;and put someone in charge that is not trying to create some kind of world wide cult , to make up for his precived loss of man hood to a po-donk cowboy.

wow that felt good,just my nickle and a half worth,but hey i am most likely just some vast right wing cons.nut job who cant....i forgot the word there becuse i am just to right wing and dumb by default to know that word. MERRY CHRIST MASS and many happy threads in the year to come(even to all you crazy new age man is bad people)

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Have I missed something? How the hell did we get on to babies!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

reply to post by skyshow

Have I missed something? How the hell did we get on to babies!

LOL I thought the E was a typo... yanno...

QUIT HAVING BABIES?

well, that might be one way to reduce CO2

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
so, all the industrialized natons will reduce their emmissions....wonder how they will do it...

more than likely they will ship more of their industry into the third world countries, where they don't have to worry about the emmissions, or what they dump into the water supply, or on the farm land and then have the product shipped back to them. Ya, let the poor chinese and indian peasants suffer the results instead....
at least if we produce our products here, in the US or Europe, ect. there are some restrictions as to just what can pour out of the plants as well as what can go into the products.

I don't know, but if you ask me, the best way to cut down on those emmisions is to hurry up and start using alternative fuel sources, and discover new ways to produce cleaner energy. It seems to me that by leaving the developing world free reign to throw whatever level of crap into their atmosphere we are more encouraging the first scenario than the second, and those developing nations will just become our cesspool of industrial poisons. Ya you and me might enjoy our nice, fairly clean environment, but the peasants will still be choking and gagging for every breath, their babies will still be born deformed with a large collections of toxic substances in their bodies from birth..

doesn't really seem that humane to me, or that wise. global warming would probably hit us faster, since the emissions would be more concentrated to those small areas we call "developing countries"

What the heck is wrong with financially helping these countries at least adopt the same environmental restrictions we have? at least then, we might have a chance to offset the greenhouse effect.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
yeah wouldn't wanna blame china for raping our coast lines then bilging there tanks on tthe way home

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I was laughing at how vague it was.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
Q U E I T H A V I N G B A B I E S !

You are way of target dude.... and for that i will slap you with a quote!

So, all you creepy people who think we need to kill off billions of other humans to make Earth a better place can go crawl back under your rocks. Overpopulation is not the problem, cramming millions of people together in cities which rely on toxic waste to fuel their endeavors and support their presence, is!

i hope you are already under your rock

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
U.N. scientist couldn't blow their ass out of a paper bag. It is the most corrupt organization on Earth with their own agenda like taxing the entire world for carbon output. If ice sheets are melting, blame the Sun. Ask yourself one question. when the last ice age occured 10,000 years ago, was man responsible for a hugh global change in climate and if man wasn't what was. For some reason some people like to live in fear. It's cold up here in Ohio while the entire midwest braces for a winter storm. People aren't dying of global warming but are dying because of corrupt governments like in the Sudan and religion which is the biggest threat to mankind and always has been. Global warming is the least of our problems and you couldn't stop it if you wanted to.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Mutantalien1947]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Your not getting it.

Americans, like most other developed nations peoples have no word. The government of the United States is no longer controlled by the people. All us individual "earthlings" who happen to have been born in this or another country cannot be blamed for the now loose canons of the waring, polluting and ultimately controlling corrupted bodies of control.

People are inherently and potentially good, caring, compassionate beings, unless filled with fear based ideas of nationalism, racism, religious or political separatist concepts. We are one, or we are due for an end.

We, many of us where born here. Our nationality was imposed by geographic and economic reality. If I had a choice, I would not even be a member of your country. They all are abhorant to the real awareness of ourselves as a species. Race, culture and all the other individual traits of an individual that are illusion in the true knowledge of our place in the world.

Global warming might be a natural process for a planet with a biosphere. Maybe we sped up the process, maybe we pushed it over the limit and it took off. It does not matter unless you want only to understand it. Blame is mute, when all will suffer.

If we are being gleaned from a massive galactic civilization, we might be demonstrating our ignorance with our nationalistic, race or culture-based and patriotic behavior, recognizing our "differences" in stead of recognizing the bigger picture of what we all have in common and coming together for that. That, being our Earth, it's diversity of life, it's beauty and sacred nature.

We can be from and love the country we are in, but I would love my brothers and sisters equally. You are showing the main block for our intelligence by pointing a finger at anything other than the whole species. Americans are not the problem. The corporate owners of the nations, including your own are the players that overshadow each individual life.

When we find that this change in our planetary climatic conditions is natural, but that we have accelerated it's "natural" changes by several decades, who is to blame? What practical does blame do anyway??? It will only satisfy the ego-based self. "I'm better because I'm not that"??. More illusory awareness.

There is a bigger picture, a larger overall understanding we are missing. We cannot solve this and our other problems in the yard (Earth) if we all stay in our rooms (countries) and blame others. Come out from the box your in and see the wide screen picture. We are one or we are none.

Let's quit dragging our knuckles and reach for a better understanding. Then let's work together, cross all boundaries and create the world we want with cooperation, and a recognition of common ground, despite the ignorant entities of corporate governments meant only to control and manage their cattle.

Or, keep mooing.

ZG

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join