It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Russia and U.S. had a war............

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite
Tis is really stupid......the US and Russia HAVE had a war.....it was called the cold war. Doe sno one know anything of history anymore? And besides that if the US went to war with Russia us Aussies would have to come and save you're worthless US asses!

What cold war? Never learnt that history.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite
Tis is really stupid......the US and Russia HAVE had a war.....it was called the cold war. Doe sno one know anything of history anymore? And besides that if the US went to war with Russia us Aussies would have to come and save you're worthless US asses!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Oh for God's sakes. What are they teaching kids in school these days.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here surfup... read.. educate yourself.

americanhistory.about.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I am joking, buddy.

God...don't people have sarcasm nowadays?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There ya go Ocelot. Nibble on that for a bit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
There ya go Ocelot. Nibble on that for a bit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've already read that. What about it?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I am joking, buddy.

Good thing you were joking. I was starting to think you were ignorant.
just jk.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Good thing you were joking. I was starting to think you were ignorant. just jk.

Me ignorant?

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
now US would destroy Russia, Russian scientists are more clever than the US ones but, in US, US is for people, and in Russian, people are for Russian, in American it's a human that comes first! so most of the scientists moved to work with the US! i mean some clever person in Russia invents something good and they give him a medal! what a hell! and he should be thinking about how to make money and what's he's gonna eat tomorrow instead of thinking about what to invent, in America they are provided with everything! they get paid good and appriciated. America gives money to Russia just to keep them quite! and on the place!

if there would be a war, US would destroy Russia easily!

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Contrary to your beliefs, the amount of scientists, and the quality in which they are treated is not the major factor in deciding which country wins a war.

Most likely they would completely destroy eachother, with their nuclear aresenals, launching everything hoping the other would die first.

Only those with extremely advanced bomb shelters, such as Norad 2 would survive, I wish I had one myself, not a stingy piece of junk, I mean a top facility, like Norad 2. I would do anything for access.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You people are so ignorant! The we're invincible because we're America has never been true.
In a nuclear war, no one wins, any country even remotely invovled would be destroyed.
The only victory you would have would be the total destruction of Russia, and that would be counter-balanced by the total destruction of America.
If you consider destroying an enemy victory, you would win. But at the same time you would lose.
For me victory is not about how many people you kill or how many cities you raze to the ground, but how many lives you save.
If you're prepared to kill 3-4 billion people to keep one man and his close friends (the president) alive, then have your war, because dying for the president (one man, elected to power) is perhaps the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. The only thing that makes him any different to you is his position.

stop being so ignorant, and go learn about M.A.D. (Mutually Assured Destruction).

Edit:: This is directed at CyberGhost and anyone else who thinks there would be a 'winner'.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by browha]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This is stupid. There will never be a war. If there was the US would win because russia is so messed up economically that they probably do not have the man power or the people who know the technology enough to undergo a war. If I were a russian would I go to war against the US? Hell no! As it is now the black market is still the only dominant market there. We need to look at North Korea. They have a very large army and are willing to fight.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but that is a pathetic argument.
Russia was in a very similar situation in World War 2 when Germany invaded. Did that stop them sacrificing 20-40 million lives to save the country? No.
You completely underestimate the Russian Military Machine, in WW2 they were rolling tanks right off the factory lines STRAIGHT into battle, they slogged it out with the Germans and came out on top.
Admittedly the prospect of a war is near zero, but I have no doubt that if there was one the Russian men would not hesitate to fight the US.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
lol N.Korea has a big army but its in a small confined space whats that i hear whooooosh incoming nuke on N.Korea BOOOOM! bye bye N.korea and its army even if its in bunkers nuke penetrating bombs BOOM!! big pile of no mans land.......

incoming nukes to usa from n.lorea zap zap zap star wars defence system activated missiles destroyed....

you think usa doesnt have secret space weps.....

wonder if MIR was an observation post to watch us activities in space eh.........

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

incoming nukes to usa from n.lorea zap zap zap star wars defence system activated missiles destroyed....

you think usa doesnt have secret space weps.....

you dont, face it, it was canceled, and even if they didnt cancel it its still isnt 100% defends you against the rain of icbms from russia

and.. against icbms fitted with MIRVs they are pretty much useless

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by SectorGaza]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There is no way to stop like 10000 ICBMs ( i know it's an exaggeration) flying at you... you may be able to get 1/10th of them, and those will probably be taken down because they are going to washington etc....
but nuclear war is hell. literally

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I dont agree with u Jefery Russia has pretty good navy infantry, ect. And they r ahead in nuclear technology. They just keep everything so secret that no one and i mean no one knows about or suspects anything exept the president on the people who work there who r being watched every move they do and if they say one wrd theyre found dead the next day.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Please, that took ages to read, enough with the internet l33t and spell correctly

thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I am joking, buddy.

its kinda hard to pick up sarcasm on this damn thing

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join