It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Flawless Proof of God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mdsnyh

We're already on our way, what with the Bush regime and waterboarding being an acceptable thing in the eyes of Fox News.

Just give them a couple more years to get us used to it, then it's time for a version of The Handmaid's Tale.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
reply to post by mdsnyh

We're already on our way, what with the Bush regime and waterboarding being an acceptable thing in the eyes of Fox News.

Just give them a couple more years to get us used to it, then it's time for a version of The Handmaid's Tale.

Yeah it scares me to death. We executed Japanese soldiers in WWII for practicing waterboarding on US Soldiers and now it is an acceptable means of "interrogation".

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by mdsnyh

a part of the problem in understanding the english translations of the bible stem from very poor translations of the hebrew and greek into english-------------------if you all had the origional hebrew text and read/understood the hebrew and greek languages you would be seeing/understanding with more clarity---------for instance---genesis 1:1 in the beginning G-D:cut down as a forrest and selected chose and dispatched the heaven and the earth2and the earth became destroyed(thru a star wars battle between fallen angels and G-Ds angels but thats another part of the bible)what takes place in the next verses is a re-creation of the destroyed earth and bringing up the sunken tectonic plates above the oceans and a clearing up of the atmosphere so that the sun could shine thru the removed volcanic clouds that caused a " nuclear winter"on earth.if the truth contained in every hebrew word was given by the translators------the book of G-D would become so huge and cumbersome that you'd need library and a bank of "lawyers to help you with it" G-D is trying to practice the kiss principle with our limited minds that dont get it that easily now-----------how much more difficult would you rather it be ?

Exactly, we don't have the original texts, and even if we did we wouldn't understand them. That is precisely why the bible can't be the word of God.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joben

common----------the english translations of the bible might not be perfect---------but there are enough bible helps available that if you are sincere in seeking for G-D and the truth these will help you-----strongs exhaustive concordance/bullingers companion bible/the scofield bible/the interlinear bible(probably the most accurate available) and the jewish tanakh if you speak hebrew.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The bible isn't proof of anything. If anything, it makes for the case that religion and christianity isn't the 'truth'.

Do a google video search for 'the god who wasn't there', and educate yourself. The whole video isn't available, but good bits and pieces are there. Then, do a google for 'Zeitgeist' and be educated even more. Then go to www.truthbeknown.com and the walls of the box that you are in will break down.

There were atleast 25 other so called deities with the same story as jesus. They all were before the time of christianity. The overwhelming mountain of evidence leads to the conclusion that organized religion, and more specificially christianity, is indeed a farce. The bible is a collection of stories based off of solar mythology and astrology, among a few other things mixed in there.

I remember when the bible was the answer for me about 10 years ago. I then started to practice research skills, and with an open mind, my views quickly changed.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Your proof is exactly what I said- Your Proof

for you it may match up

but not to everyone else...

Books are written by people, people have the ability to exaggerate and lie, could it be the truth? maybe. Won't know for sure till its over though.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by AshleyD
To Speaker of Truth: How so? I always think it's funny when critics say "The Gospels all conflict each other!" Then turn around and use the Synoptic Gospel problem by saying the Gospels of Matthew and Luke were copied almost verbatim from Mark because they are so similar. It can only be one or the other. So let me know if there is something I can help with or clarify for you.

Cohesiveness implies thay are just alike... They are not. In certain instances what Mark said happened, Luke said something else happened, et cetera. Yet, they were at the same event..

One way to look at things is the feel the Elephant scenario where each blind person feels something different.

If your Mum wrote a short story about your life then your Best friend and then your Manager at work, you will find that they will all give different angles, different ways to describe you as their relationship to you.

The first 3 Gospels are known as SYNOPIC because they see together the life of Jesus.

MATTHEW explains what Jesus SAID as his focus.

MARK explains what Jesus DID.

LUKE explains his History why he relates to the Old testemant to fulfil.

JOHN speaks of Jesus in terms of ETERNAL LIFE and Jesus proclaiming he was the light of the world.

So what we have here are different view points 2 of the Gospel writers were witnesses and the other two were from the stories being taught and passed on, that is what I read.

( But another but strange theory of mine is what if there were 4 Jesus's doing different events or maybe 3 at the same time, why not? Maybe he could duplicate him self so that he got the most of the 3 of his Holy Spirit years to teach and to save many. He could make wine from water and make many pieces of bread from one basket so why not him self ?. )

The Bible does say that Jesus did many other things but was never recorded because the world would not have enough paper to write it down.
He kept some secrets too.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
spacemanjupiter and djo5544--------------i'm only human----not G-D----i'd help you if i could--------but you dont appear to want help yet------i hope you dont have to suffer too much before you become interested in trying to find out why you are alive and what your human potential really is.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by joben

common----------the english translations of the bible might not be perfect---------but there are enough bible helps available that if you are sincere in seeking for G-D and the truth these will help you-----strongs exhaustive concordance/bullingers companion bible/the scofield bible/the interlinear bible(probably the most accurate available) and the jewish tanakh if you speak hebrew.

Bible helps! You are kidding of course. Doesn't matter how many versions there are (that in itself proves my point). The fact is no-one knows what the "original" texts said.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
More mass replies due to sheer laziness on my part:

reply to post by joben

So you're claiming to have the original Hebrew text and that you can faithfully translate it? There isn't anyone alive who can do that.

Hey now- don't twist my words.
First of all, everything I quoted in my above comment was from an English translation that answered your previous question with clarity. But if you wanted to get more technical, you can use Hebrew lexicons to help you with specific words that might confuse (if there are any).

reply topost by mdsnyh

There are many examples in the bible where the authors point of view is clearly that of a flat earth and no inkling of the way the universe works. I can present more if you would like but clearly your mind is made up and I will not try to confuse you with the facts.

I guarantee you I've seen these references you are referring to and have already dissected and reviewed them on my Christian apologetics website. Are there some Biblical contradictions that not even I know how to explain? Of course. But the alleged "flat earth" references are not some of them. As I say almost daily, any book translated from one language to the next will have contradictions. Once you read it in Hebrew or Greek (the original languages of the Bible), it becomes a lot clearer.

The main theme of the Bible is to get us from point A to point B. Different language translations might cause some confusion with terminology but the message remains the same: Man is created. Man makes boo-boo. Man falls and makes more boo boos. God sends Jesus to redeem us from said boo boos. Jesus will come again and put an end to all boo boos. The end.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The main theme of the Bible is to get us from point A to point B. Different language translations might cause some confusion with terminology but the message remains the same: Man is created. Man makes boo-boo. Man falls and makes more boo boos. God sends Jesus to redeem us from said boo boos. Jesus will come again and put an end to all boo boos. The end.

Cute fairy tale...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Father works through His Chosen in many amazing ways. I believe in the validity and complete truth of the Scriptures 100% and pray that the eyes and hearts of many are opened before it's too late. Amen.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

Do a google video search for 'the god who wasn't there', and educate yourself. The whole video isn't available, but good bits and pieces are there. Then, do a google for 'Zeitgeist' and be educated even more. Then go to www.truthbeknown.com and the walls of the box that you are in will break down.

ATS needs a pulling your hair out in frustration smiling icon just for occasions such as these. Actually, take my advice and look at the actual religious texts of the figures in question and you will see these parallels do not exist. If you don't have the time, then check out this article series- I'll give you specific links to my own research: HERE. We explore Horus and Osiris, Krishna, Buddha, Mithras, and some other deities claimed to be the inspiration for the Christ story.

You can also do what I did before I went to the religious texts of the figures in question- do a google search for these religions and their institutes and email some Buddhist, Hindu, Zoroastrian, etc., religious authorities and ask them point blank- Was your god believed to be born of a virgin? Was he crucified? Did he have 12 disciples? Was he buried for three days and then resurrected? Was he born on December 25th (not even Jesus was born on this date so it's a moot point in itself)? etc. Their reply will be in the negative. But here are some more specific links:

Krishna, Buddah, Horus, Zoroaster, Mithras, Alleged Crucified Deities, to infinity.

I can't speak of the government and conspiracy sections of the Zeitgeist movie but I assert with authority their religious section is fallacious. Same with Acharya S (of the truthbeknown.com site you mention) and The God Who Wasn't There. If you read the actual religious texts of the figures and questions, you will come to the conclusion such works are some of the poorest researched works in existence that display the world's poorest scholarship. They just sit around quoting each other and using each other as sources without even bothering to research the figures and religious texts themselves.

reply topost by The time lord

Can't say I agree with the "multiple Jesus" theory. External and internal evidence provides a much simpler explanation for the Gospels, as each author was writing to the people of their own background:

Matthew, a Jew, wrote his Gospel for the Jews and cited dozens of Messianic Prophecies he knew the Jews would be familiar with in terms of looking for the promised Messiah.

Mark, wrote this Gospel to the Christians in Rome as both a pastoral response and for those being persecuted.

Luke, a careful historian, was interested in detailing the facts and history. A Gentile himself, he penned his gospel for a Gentile audience.

John, contrary to Luke, focused more on the theology of Jesus and Christianity. His focus was on spiritual matters and salvation.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
god dosnt want u to believe in the bible the church does... God dosnt own the bible the church does !

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
LoL! Is this funny or sad? Well I dont know..
But I was going to suggest the same thing as one of the posters above.

Check out Zeitgeist the movie on google and enjoy to start your ideology from a new perspective.

It takes no child-molestation churches, cashcow-vatican, or boring mistranslated and plagiated books/stories to enjoy the sun.
Nothing more and nothing less.

That most religions have mostly to do with astrology is nothing new at all. At least for truth-seekers.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There are so many converstations and arguements all very well thought out and studied and there are many clever websites to go to get information, mincing words does little more than wash away or cover the truth with our ego's and our agendas, justifying ourselves does absolutely no good at all... as it is not us we need to justify and we would be fools to say we could justify our God....Jesus...Holy Spirit.....Bible except to ourselves. It is all very personal, as is the Bible...personallly written by so many, with a common thread even there are scattered edges and things just dont seem to line up or match up...or does it?... it doesn't seem to be quite cohesive..but someone over there says it is cohesive ...what does he know that I dont?...he may know a bit more... or is he someone who believes with his whole heart and can see the cohesion, in the scattered edges. in all the craziness he may be able to see the sanity....even though others cant...surely that cant happen or can it?

bottom line is Your heart....Your relationship...

that is why its Faith.....

Lean not on your own understanding....

I know, no outpouring of answers here on this post, but I am not the answer guy...sorry.

Hang in there...
Later

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Having read the book twice, cover to cover, and having studied certain books at length, and coming from a point of view of loving that book, I do not by any means believe that it is the infalable word of god, nor is it proof of god. Look to Quantum Physics for proof of god. Also, Biology is hot on the trail in the study of DNA, which could not possibly have formed from chaos. Even the man who discovered DNA (on '___' may I add), did not think there had been sufficient time on earth to have evolved such a complex system. The bible is a book of mythology and history. It disagrees with itself quite a bit, but tells a tale of the evolution of human perception of god, and some actual divine revelation sneaks in now and then. (try Isaiah). There is a movement toward civilized behavior in the laws, and it tells the story of Abraham who ended the practice of human sacrifice, which was the accepted religious rite of his time. Human sacrifice went on to and continues to be the ritual of the sun god worshippers (like the vatican), and the Hebrews, or decendants of Abraham, are the chosen people because they were the first tribe to end human sacrifice as a religious rite. Communion is a memory of human sacrifice in the Mithraic religion that Christianity became at the Council of NIcea. (read the Golden Bough)
The original eucharist was the sacred mushroom. Mushroom shamanism is the original Goddess based religion, and did not have human sacrifice. The religion of the Hebrews was a throw back to the good old Goddess days, and probably had mushrooms as their sacriment. Mannah. Read the Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.
If you wonder if there is a god, take a magic mushroom and you will have your answer.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StandFirm

Huh? That's flawless proof of nothing really. The Bible has been re-written, re-interpreted, edited, then re-written again so many times it's almost impossible to distinguish the actual material that IS of the period from the masses of material added much later.

Sorry, but you'll have to do MUCH better then that.

Also - I thought this was the 'Conspiracies In Religion' forum?? What has this got to do with conspiracies exactly?

J.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StandFirm

I am sorry but that is in your mind only..
you have achieved one thing though and that is getting people talking..or maybe unintentional flame thread..nobody in there right mind can say 100% Flawless Proof of God...then dribble that crap..
no disrespect intended

i have read the bible didnt really think much of it..i preferred LoTR

i personally think if you believe it is private and personal choice..shouldnt be something bashed into you via threads, door knocks and various other ways.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Isaiah 40:22 The Almighty "sits upon the circle of the earth..."

Job 26:7 "He hangeth the earth upon nothing."

If it's not that then the Eqyptians knew the Earth was round by it's calculations of the Pyramids that are made even to the same curvurture of the earth, and also to the point that it is at the centre of all land mass.

Lost Knowlege or Adamite Knowledge that Genesis decribes about the stars and what they mean. So the captive Jews traded freedom for God's Knowlege in those times? A bit like the tower of Babylon, again something not to be known untill man was ready.

The constellation describe the story of Jesus - LEO the Lion King and Virgo - the Virgin mother etc and Libra- justice.

Guess the Pyramids were made to keep the Egyptians busy whist the Adamites Escaped persecusion maybe. Them thinking they could get to heaven by worshiping the stars yet not knowing it was a Prophecy in the heavens.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by The time lord]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join