It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe that the world is screwed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Global Warming

This article that I found on Yahoo talks about how global warming has sped up in the past year and how we could potentially see the ice sheets in the arctic as almost non-existant by summer 2012.

I believe that it is too late. the article states,

It is the burning of coal, oil and other fossil fuels that produces carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, responsible for man-made global warming.

We are at war for oil, there are no other alternative fuels for which we can rely on, so I don't see how the human race can give up oil, coal and other fossil fuels as a source for heat or fuel.

I believe that the fight for Global warming was lost a long time ago. It is time for us to reap what we sow.

2007 Global warming facts:

552 billion tons of ice melted this summer from the Greenland ice sheet, according to preliminary satellite data to be released by NASA Wednesday. That's 15 percent more than the annual average summer melt, beating 2005's record.

A record amount of surface ice was lost over Greenland this year, 12 percent more than the previous worst year, 2005, according to data the University of Colorado released Monday. That's nearly quadruple the amount that melted just 15 years ago. It's an amount of water that could cover Washington, D.C., a half-mile deep, researchers calculated.

The surface area of summer sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean this summer was nearly 23 percent below the previous record. The dwindling sea ice already has affected wildlife, with 6,000 walruses coming ashore in northwest Alaska in October for the first time in recorded history. Another first: the Northwest Passage was open to navigation.

We have lost, I believe that this will only get worse as the days move on. We are still burning oil and coal and have no alternatives, by the time we have alternative fuels that are widely used around Earth, I believe it will be too late.

JackCash

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree that we are give way to little to earth. But I think you should watch this Glo bal Warming Swindle

Here they explain why where getting warmer weather and how co2 is not causing it also we have had allot warmer weather in history.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the link NeoBlade. I'm about 20 minutes into it right now. My question is, if Global Warming isn't being brought on due to co2, then what?

Is this a project by HARRP?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've constantly been in the middle of the global climate change debate. While if it exists and has been occurring for the past decades, it surely is an issue, but at the same time nothing is empircally proven, the events that have transpired in my life recently have caused considerable skepticism on my side when it comes to global climate change.

In January 2007, Missouri faced one of the worst if not the worst ice storms in state history, and I remember it quite vividly. While I may have been part of the extremely fortunate group with power and heat, the majority of the 100,000+ citizens were without power for time periods anywhere from a few days to two weeks and more. I remember walking out the Saturday morning following the ice storm and thinking "Global warming? My ass!"

Images such as these were the norm for much of the city, places where there were numerous trees, the branches were four, five, six feet high, higher in some places on the ground, the cleanup at my home lasted until the end of March, and the effects on trees are visible everywhere you look.

I remain in the middle, but still slightly skepitcal. Tis my prerogative, indeed.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Zizek]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The polar icecaps on Mars are melting too. Doubt my SUV is responsible for that...

Link: news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
The polar icecaps on Mars are melting too. Doubt my SUV is responsible for that...

Link: news.nationalgeographic.com...

Unless you have a exhaust pipe that makes it to mars, then yeah, quite doubtful.

That would mean that warming on mars was the result of something else. I wonder what?

You should have checked a couple of months later from the same news source...

Kate Ravilious
for National Geographic News

April 4, 2007
Temperatures on Mars have increased slightly over a 20-year period due to the action of Martian winds, scientists have found.

New research has shown that dusty tornadoes called dust devils and gusty winds have helped the surface of Mars become darker, allowing it to absorb more of the sun's rays.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

So, your SUV isn't responsible for that. Might have an impact here on earth though. Maybe that extra long interplanetary exhaust pipe would be useful after all...

[edit on 12-12-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Whtever the truth with global warming...
whether it is due to humans or it because of some other reasons... you are true we are screwed

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
So JackCash did you watch it tru yet? Tell me what you think. Youre question is also answered in the movie

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Unless you have a exhaust pipe that makes it to mars, then yeah, quite doubtful.

Kate Ravilious
for National Geographic News

April 4, 2007
Temperatures on Mars have increased slightly over a 20-year period due to the action of Martian winds, scientists have found.

New research has shown that dusty tornadoes called dust devils and gusty winds have helped the surface of Mars become darker, allowing it to absorb more of the sun's rays.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

And here i was, thinking it was caused by all those small probes we sent there, particularly the greenhouse gases released by beagle 2 burning up

Interesting that stuff as small as tornadoes can alter the climate so dramatically.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Neoblade,

I watched about 45 minutes of it yesterday. Quite interesting and I'm going to finish it. I was at work and got through what I cold of the video.

Thank you.

link   
Sorry. Tripple post for some reason.

Jackcash

[edit on 13-12-2007 by JackCash]

link   
[edit on 13-12-2007 by JackCash]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I just read this was pretty good read about how there has always been something to panic about and allot of the times it wasnt true.

Link

top topics

join